1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Interested in Phantasy Star Online

Discussion in 'General' started by adamYUKI, Sep 23, 2001.

1. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    I found PSO for 20 bucks new. I really want to get into this game, but should i just wait for the append disc? I hear that most people are cheating anyway...What do you think? Are there any peeps here that still play this fair and square?

Any advice would be appreciated fellas........

[​IMG]

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

1) Play with either friends or those you trust. Unfortunately, the amount of character killing I have experienced makes me feel this is the only way to really enjoy PSO version 1 these days...

2) It is a fun game, in a Diablo way. Some will really enjoy it and meeting new people (if it wasn't for the bloody character killing) is great. However, for many, it will eventually be "hack & slash and find treasure." But really, wasn't that obvious from the beginning?

3) Version 2 sounds good as you can actually battle out with each other (under good terms) among other things. Cooperation and adversity on good terms is a good thing, no?

-Chanchai

3. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

I've been fairly lucky, I usually play with unknowns (that's part of the fun, ain't it?) and I haven't been PKed, guess since I don't have that much rare stuff there's no point. Don't let a couple of idiots ruin your fun. Plus playing against people from Japan is cool (good way to learn Japanese). I must admit though, it's just not the same as playing the game the first two weeks the game came out when everyone was finding stuff out about the game and people were cool to each other.

Adam, it's up to you if you wanna get PSO or wait for PSOv2, PSOv2 has everything PSO has and more battle modes and stuff (the main bulk of the game is the same, with an added difficulty level after you reach lvl 80) but you also gotta pay $15 for 3 months on it. Eventually you'll probably wanna upgrade to v2 though.

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Ad..u're playing so much online games nowadays...it's hard to keep up with u man~!!!! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

anyhow...wait for Ver 2.
    It's better...it's essentially an upgrade of Ver 1
    so why pay twice when u can only pay once?~

<font color=red>~~~ 'Flock off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

5. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

yes, but its sad that he came a bit too late, he got hit by the DC online game bug just as its fading away.
    damm it adam, why didnt you started sooner (when i told you to) when I was in full effect. we could of had so much fun /versus/images/icons/smile.gif. but now my isp is not letting me get online with the DC, and if it does its laggy as hell (it was sweet when i had mindspring as my isp, but it was $20/month). see how much fun online gaming is !!? you better be ready to play online on the xbox (comes with broad band ), no scuses this time /versus/images/icons/smile.gif.

[​IMG]

6. Kaede

Kaede Active Member

Wait for Ver 2. It should be out on the 25th of September

Most of the bugs ver 1 had like hackers seeing your inventory(bank included) ,PKing,FSOD, TP trick etc..... are fixed in Ver 2.

7. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

yah lor~!

Remember back then when I had trouble going online playing PSO with my DC n screaming for ur help in irc?~ /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Oh god..I'm just remembered my 1st DC exploding n losing all the hrs I've spent on lvling up my hunter in PSO~!

Let's relieve the good ol days~!

<font color=red>~~~ 'Flock off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

8. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

me wanna play tooooooo, Tofu send me my modem man /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

9. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

why would he be sad enough to get a x box?

'Hah whats next attack of the drunken cats' Wong Fei Hong from Drunken Master