1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting tidbit with command display turned on

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by mutshui, Apr 8, 2002.

1. mutshui

mutshui New Member

I was practicing the DLC and SPoD in trainning mode with the command information turned on. This is what the command info showed when I did the DLC:
    d/f+k+g, ff+p, B,F,P+K,F

SPoD comes out to be like this:
    p+g+k, B,P+G, D/F, F+P

Is this the work of mistifying buffering system I have been trying to figure it out in VF4? Or is it some fluke that it just came out that way?

2. Papeseh

Papeseh Member

God, I was doing the same thing today, and noticed the same too. Previously I could do the SPoD but looking at the analysis of my button pressing I have changed the timing a technique of the way i input the commands. As I frequenty mess things up by inputting P+G before the D/F (I dont know why this happens, cos it seems like i press them together). I have found that the success of my SPoD greatly increases if I break it up into 3 small parts.

P+K+G, back ..... d/F+P (hold it).... f+p(hold it)

This seems to work for me, and cos there is only 3 movements, I can normally spam it out in a real fight. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

I got 48 consecutive wins with Akira in Kumite mode today, is that good?

3. Deniz

Deniz Well-Known Member

Papeseh: You won't get a SPoD if the second part is dF+P; you mean dF+P+G...