1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

interesting vf topic/flame at hg.com...

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Sudden_Death, Mar 26, 2001.

1. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

if you are bored like me, read this:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://members.boardhost.com/hardcoregaming/msg/42366.html>http://</A>

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>

[​IMG]
    fuck spelling!

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

What just aggravates me to no end is this whole thing about Soul Cal's "8WR" system. I mean for God's sakes! There is nothing proprietory or innovative about this 8WR system!! It's a system of movement that's been used since Final Fight and was certainly used in other fighting games before SC (pre-release of SS64, Tobal No.1, etc.). The only difference is that Namco bothered to call it something. I swear, if Sega had called VF1 "3DFG" (as in 3D Fighting Game) people will think the genre somehow belongs to Sega. Oh wait, Sega did try do something like that with "FREE." I guess Sega is learning to learn from Namco. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Hey does this crack anyone else up?

When you mention VF community, are you refering about the bunch of elitist snobs who contribute to www.virtuafighter.com?
    Bunch of ..we play VF3, we've shagged girls, we dig Chinese culture, we have social lives, we've spent half our salary on VF3, THEREFORE we're above all other gamers, pretentious twats.

I used to read some of the posts there until I relaised 90% of dialog consisted of "I'm bigger and more experienced than you than you so shut it!" childish dribbling.

MAXIMUM

It's kind of ironic that Hyun supposedly represents us over at Ed's site, when he barely posts or participates here at VFDC himself. I always thought Hyun was a HG kind of guy.

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Oh shit, I accidentally closed this thread.

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Oh wait, can people still reply?

Testing 1, 2, 3....

Or maybe it's because I have administrative access. Someone else try.

5. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

foo

kbcat

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thread unlocked.

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Damn, Myke got some skills.

8. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

btw...on the topic of locking threads...

was it you who locked the "should vfx be simpler" thread? if so, why? not that it matters now at all.

9. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    If it doesn't matter then why are you asking? :)

Seriously though, I honestly do not remember locking it, and I've got better things to do than to read through that monster thread again to try and jog my memory.

In future though, if I lock a thread I'll try to post the reason why.

10. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

> If it doesn't matter then why are you asking? :)

because i was curious and interested in knowing why - there wasn't anything much different about that one than any of the other flamefests, recent or in the past. just seemed odd.

and...errrgh. i thought i was asking jeff - i mistakenly responded to the wrong post. sorry.
    ice?

11. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Nope, never locked a thread before on this board (I think...pretty sure though).

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Jeff, who's "us"? Please, I think it was quite a while ago since I read something meaningful written by you. Not that I blame you, but commenting about the state of things.

I do what I consider to be logical. I visit the boards to see if there is something to talk about. If I don't see anything to talk about, I don't. (Unlike some other personalities.) And I must confess that bashing the posers are more fun than talking about a game still months away.

I guess I still get together with Shang once a while to play VF3. But who wants to hear about that.

13. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

"Us" as in the community that meets here at Versus City, which incidentally, I helped found and which most regulars here would be hard-pressed to identify with you. I mean look at how long it took you to reply to this thread for God's sake.

And since we're at it, no offense, but I don't remember reading anything meaningful about VF by you.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

No offense taken. See, you agree I have nothing meaningful to say. So I don't. What can be more logical.

I have many meaningless things (to you anyway) I can say. But I stopped seeing the point long time ago. But let me just say this: Jeff, think five or ten years from now, and when you take a look back at VFDC, asking question what it meant to you and what you achieved. If the answer you come up now matches with the answer you come up ten years from now, then you would be a successful man.

15. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Well, that's an incredibly specific (or narrow minded) measure of success. I appreciate the word of wisdow though.