1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Interview with Fuudo at WCG 2009

Discussion in 'General' started by Myke, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Truesonic2k

Truesonic2k Well-Known Member

Despite him saying he doesn't want to. XD Awesome to hear~ Since I know some guys here would give their left nut to be able to have Sega pay them to play VF5R.

2. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Interview has so many questions but finished so fast at the same time, it's too good!

He can ETEG a lot of directions, guess I won't be landing the splash.

Fuudo was worried about Tetra because he was using Vanessa, perhaps Rikojang should have used him.

He says Inochi was the best player, I always thought it was McWzakky.

Anyways enough of my rambling big, big thanks to Tetra for his work in the interview and Fuudo for willing to take part in it!

3. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    [​IMG]

The interview is good read, thank you Tetra, Myke & of course Fuudo [​IMG]

4. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    I found it interesting that he would like the game/system to change between iterations, (so that everybody would start out even). Almost like he felt it was unfair for somebody to bring their strength from VF4 to VF5.

Also the bit about he notices whose in the arcades, but when a tournament comes up he sees people that he doesn't normally see in the arcades and he wants to look into that a little more [​IMG]

maybe there is a stronger underground console scene than we thought [​IMG] Cats claiming that they don't have console version, but they mysteriously show up at the tournaments with
    a little skillz [​IMG]

The point he made about the Japanese players crouching, I think this carries over to Japanese Tekken players, at least that's been my experience hmmm... [​IMG]

5. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Terrific interview, thanks for bringing it to us! I really liked the specific information regarding Fuudo's defensive mechanics.

6. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

I think one of the key things Fuudo said to us while we were there, was that it's fairly clear that VF5R is not losing popularity. The game is very strong and has a very good scene. I've read people's post on here saying otherwise, and it was nice to hear straight from a solid source that it's not the case.

Nice to see the barrage of questions answered, Tetra [​IMG] Thanks for doing it.

7. Gamaoriginal

Gamaoriginal New Member

I know that Im bad at VF5, but you know, I have not played VF5 since 1 year ago because nobody plays VF5 in Mexico and I was tired to wait 1 hour to find a match on xbox live. Actually, Im really into SF4 and I think Im good. It was nice to play some casuals on SF4 whit you guys (Tetra, Shinz, Fudo and Rikojjang) at the practice area.

Nice interview Tetra.

8. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    Good read, thanks for posting.

9. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

Gama is cool to be honest and he is serious about fighting games. In fact in WCG2008 germany, we had a casual team tourney. Adamyuki, Danny and I were captain of the 3 different teams. Gama was in my team. He wiped out Adamyuki! My team won btw [​IMG]

Hope to see you again man!

10. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    You're not bad! I'm still feeling bad that I didn't hang out with you more in Cologne. You gave me your room number and all but I didn't call you to the first evening casual session. Sorry about that.

ps. I lost to you in the team tourney too although I played real shit that night.. [​IMG]

11. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Gama - i wanted to chime in as well. You're a good player, man! You seem to have a good killer instinct. That's a tough thing for even the more experienced players to develop. It can take you quite far. Build on that by playing more, if possible!

12. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Hey Gama, nice to see you on vfdc. I always liked playing you and I could tell that you were a good player even through the lag. You may want to try VF online again since the overseas connect seems to have improved since the last time I saw you online. Good to hear that you haven't given up on VF [​IMG]

13. DarkVincent

DarkVincent Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great interview, Tetra! And thanks Fuudo for answering through it all =)

14. Gamaoriginal

Gamaoriginal New Member

Thank you guys, I appreciate it.

15. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

Thanks for the interview, really interesting!

I find it strange that Fuudo considers Inocchi to be the strongest player. I think Homestay had much higher winning percentages in VF4Evo/FT and better tournament results. Same goes for Minami: despite his habit of losing cards, he had always high percentages (top 80%).

16. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    I'm pretty sure he was referring to the coming end of VF4FT life span and not the beginning or middle. Inocchi was always strong, but he was a monster towards the end of FT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LP1i1Uspqc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Ogh9rYjrI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgaheNfLp3o

17. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

Myke is suppose to help post this up in VFDC but guess he is kinda busy recently. Anyways, Shinz's interview is up at my blog.
    http://tetrasg.wordpress.com/2009/12/21/virtua-fighter-qa-with-shinz/

I didnt make too much effort in putting everything down into the post. Partly because there wasnt really much to write. Dont expect too much from this one [​IMG]

PS: I will be going Japan for SF4 probably in April. Might do another interview with another VF player. Possibly Koedo? Lol. We will see!

18. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for this interview.

I was baffled to hear that Akira Kid doesn't like VF3 as much as VF4 or 5. I still can't believe it... *cries*

19. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

8 hours a day, so that's what it takes to become a champion!

20. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Cool thanks, and look forward to the next interview if you do it