1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Introduction

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Dragon, May 29, 2002.

1. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

Re: Introduction 4 n00bs

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I think if you re-read my posts with a little less interpolation, and stick to what I've actually said, you'll see what I mean. That doesn't mean I am right; only that you keep inadvertently changing what I am trying to (rightly or wrongly) assert.

<hr></blockquote>

Ah, so you're saying p+k+g recovers faster than p(g). I see now. Sorry, you're right, I don't put a whole lot of effort in reading your posts.

Myke's right on this one, btw. The g cancel is during the execution time, and it does not add any to the recovery. Try it - have someone as Lion do a p+k+g then p and then p(g), p. If the punch is blocked, Lion's at a one frame disadvantage, so the second punch would be at 13 frames, enough to beat the opponent' s elbow. If the p(g) took longer to "recover" due to the guard cancel, then the opponent's elbow would beat out Lion's second p.

-Jason

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I put that P(G) and P+K+G thing based on something that someone posted and supposedly tested back in November/December. I never actually tested it myself, and forgot such a thing ever existed until this thread. Of course, that was in reference to Version B, and keep in mind that frame stats were not available then.

That said, I have never seen P+K+G talked about in any of the subsequent mooks I've skimmed over. Also, Jason is right in that I am not a Lion expert, though I do think my Lion is aiiight, heh heh.

As for the Dojos...yeah, I'll get around to updating them...one day.

3. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

just a stupid conclusion after i read abt the p+k+g and p(g). It's the same. And u ask why p+k+g gives u a punch? That's becos lion have no moves that is done using p+k+g without pressing any directions or moving,etc. The point in making it comes out with a punch is becos sega didn't want pple to say that the controls is faulty the game is faulty,etc( i think).

It's just like when a character don't have a f+p+g throw and when u press f+p+g it gives u p+g. Same goes with k+g when there isn't a k+g it gives u a kick. If u wanna list every single non-existing command why don't u list k+g too?

Hope u guys understand what i am talking abt. Maybe I am off topic but that's what i think.

4. Deniz

Deniz Well-Known Member

First of all, the P(G) is not listed either. Further, the P+K+G and P(G) are not the same. The P+K+G is stationary, while the P(G) advances. If this is insufficient difference, then why list P, (near) P, F+P, and B+P moves where the data are identical? Or moves like Sarah's back turned d+K and back turned D+K (they are identical)? As I mentioned, some of the other characters' back turned P+K moves can be done from a crouch, while the "normal" version can't. Etc.