1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

iPod Killer???

Discussion in 'General' started by RandomHajile, Mar 6, 2005.

1. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

2. MAXIMUM

MAXIMUM Well-Known Member

Doubtful. Does it work on iTunes? No...there's all you need to know.

3. RandomHajile

duhh, what does work on itunes???

what a silly question.

anyways sony has set up the "connect" thing for MD, walkman phone and the new psp.

what idiots pay for tunes anyways

thats worse then paying for games

4. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Ipod is a POS of a music player anyway.
    I think there are plenty of players out there that killed it from day one.

But then again apple have these flashy ads etc.. so everyone buys it

5. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

What does itunes have to do with anything it's a really bad player anyway. I doubht anything will kill the ipod at the moment as apple have sucseeded in making it a popular accessory.

6. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

I don't understand the hatred towards mainstream products. Ipod is a great player (I've owned two) and in no way "sucks"

I now have an iriver flash player because it suits my needs better. It's all about what you need/do with the player that makes it great or not...

7. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

Ipods not a bad player for the mainstream user. But if you want something more 'techy' and in the end, a little more functional, you're better served by looking at other products.

Olympus released their new one and I was quite interested... =P It looks pretty but I know nothing else about it. I'm still happy with my iRiver HP120

8. MAXIMUM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, man, just like dem idiots dat pay for their clothes and Nike trainers......innit.

When are you going to drop the London street-kid image and start talking normally? You can't remain 18 forever you know.

9. KS_Vanessa

KS_Vanessa Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, man, just like dem idiots dat pay for their clothes and Nike trainers......innit.

When are you going to drop the London street-kid image and start talking normally? You can't remain 18 forever you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

lets see.

i dont use itunes
    i dont pay for tunes
    i dont pay for games either

therefore that must mean i am also a street kid.............

logic is all relative................

p.s. any kid who sez the slang word 'innit' is immediatly termed as gay, at least around where i live. so dont try to sound street saying that word. it gives the wrong impression.

on a totatlly different note, maximum, i see ur profile sez ur like psy trance. hows the scene in scotland? u get alot of squat parties around there? in london there are some blinding ones every 2 weeks or so and theyre fucking blinding man.

10. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

It's fun to see that I can bust my ass for 9 months on a game so that people can steal it. I'm not idealistic to the point where I'll lecture you, but it does get irratating when people boast about it.

11. MAXIMUM

Well, as usual, I was taking the piss out of Random. Nothing serious...just some banter.

Psy trance....yep there's some very good parties in Edinburgh but very infrequent. Night called indigitous is particularly good. These days however I tend to travel for my music. India and Mexico is where the big parties are......you can't find that sort of energy in the UK scene.

Do yourself a big favour and book you and some mates a trip to Goa for Christmas and New Year......blistering psy from the world's best producers, mind expanding drugs, beautiful women and and hot tropical weather......just what you need.

12. KS_Vanessa

yea ive heard the stories bout goa.. they sound fucking insane, but im gonna have to push those dreams aside for now as ive got other priorities at the mo. yea uk will never have anything good in respect to goa, but then hey it beats a typical RnB club anyday in my books.

if you have gone to goa for all of this stuff, how much in the end did it set you back?

13. MAXIMUM

Have some movies I took of psy parties up here...I'll upload them for you when I can be bothered.

Not really been to trance parties in London, mainly tech house. Have heard The Fridge was hot at one time with return to sumatra.

The thing you have to realise about India (and Goa) is that once you're there it's virtually free. One of the benefits of traveling to a country with monstrous poverty is everything is so cheap.....

In India £1 = £10 in Rupees is a rough guideline for pricing.

Flight to Goa is very cheap is you book early....then you can always tour about other Indian states on motorbike if you're mad like me /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14. RandomHajile

funny no one noticed it plays mp3s WAVs as well as all the MiniDisc formats.

it can record uncompressed PCM at up to 94min , so its great for bootlegging concerts as it has a mic pre amp.

you can use it as a portable HDD as its usb2

and you can take pictures also:) not bad for £250

but maybe im just sony biased with my 8 piece ES hifi:)

15. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

I like it, and MD is actually pretty sweet, but I dunno if I can get used to having to use discs again. How much are MDs?

MD will still never catch on in the US though. People are iPoded up here =)

Also do you know how the sound quality is? If I didn't have an MP3 player already I'd really consider it actually =)

16. RandomHajile

well to me (i have a MZ-NH1, got it for £220) MD is soo much better as the compression is discreet unlike mp3 which is joint-stereo (as in there is channel leakage!)

also MD compression (atrac) is on like its 10 version (atrac3plus) so unlike the 15 year old frafenhoffer mp3, it evolves.

the fact that you can put up to 45hours of tunes on one 1gig HiMD is kool also, the new 1gig HiMDs are about £5 each in the shops here but i get them from about £3.50 each in bulk.

you can reformat old MDs to 330meg and you can pick up old MD blanks for like 50p each!

but as sony have over 25 years walkman history the real beauty is the fact the battery lasts about a whole week of use:)

and with sony 70ex earphones they sound sick!

ive used MD for well over 7 years now, and have bootlegged loads of concerts as you can record on them with a stereo mic as long as its a mid range model.

and i have a few MD decks( ja30es and ja20es) i record of vinyl and radio in 24bit!!! (atrac is weird as its not limeted to just 16bit!)

but anyways im biased, if you need a walkman to be more then just a player, HiMD is the way to go

esp if you wanna make some cash selling bootlegs:)

ps. anyone want a REM or snoop gig recording???

17. KS_Vanessa

[ QUOTE ]
    funny no one noticed it plays mp3s WAVs as well as all the MiniDisc formats.

it can record uncompressed PCM at up to 94min , so its great for bootlegging concerts as it has a mic pre amp.

you can use it as a portable HDD as its usb2

and you can take pictures also:) not bad for £250

but maybe im just sony biased with my 8 piece ES hifi:)

[/ QUOTE ]

i can do all of this with my creative zen xtra mp3 player. 40 gigs and can do all of that shit as well like play wavs and i got it for 150 bout 8 months ago.

not bad huh?

18. RandomHajile

so you can use it as a external HDD? word docs and everything?

wow i didnt know you could record WAVs on it, let alone it having a microphone pre-amp!

it may take pictures also but isnt that blue screen a hinderence?

and bottom line i really doubt it has signal to noise ratio(band width) of MD over 105db! 2hz to 21khz!

basicly if your take your gaming as much as music (and music is so much better anyways) you would leave these computer corporations take on "walkmans" alone, i mean would you buy a cd player from apple???

19. MAXIMUM

iPods can be used as USB hard drives also.

Must say however that iPod battery life does indeed suck. My mini is down to just 5 hours now after 1 year of constant use.

Apple claim to have increased battery time to 18 hours in 4G models.......still, I'd rather the batter life of the Sony.

20. RandomHajile

i know ipods can be used as usb HDD, i mean its got on inside it, besides i had the old silver one when it 1st came out, sold it as the 5hour life was a joke, esp is u search for tracks and use big sennhisers head phones!

apples claims are a joke, my mate works for them and i cuss the company all the time, look how they fucked their boss only for him to comeback and turn them arround!