1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Is anyone above 6th Dan with Lion?

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Tymbomb321, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Tymbomb321

Tymbomb321 Member

I was just wondering cause I was really good with Lion then all of a sudden I couldnt win a single match.

I'd love to hear from you.

Tymbomb321

2. skuall

skuall Member

i am stormlord, 478-60
    it becomes somewhat easy when you learn the ai weak spots.

3. skuall

skuall Member

hope this helps
    i am not a very good player, so i think there should be some people here with better advises.
    *sorry my poor english

1- try going for a throw after you knock down the opponent, be prepared to defend a rising attack
    2- when you have the distance do f,f,K,K. If the enemy defend the first kick, wait a little before you imput the second kick, they often fall for it
    3- use a lot of low punches and mid kick to try to set for a throw or just K,K
    4- if you get to do this throw (d,f,P+G) try to follow up with b,f,K+G and u,P or f,f,K,K and db,P,P(or d,K+G)

4. Tripp

Tripp Member

Start the match with d+K+G to knock them down. Then when they get up from a TR(usually) do b,f+K+G - the opponrnt will block that but will eat a K (with BT) immediately after pretty much everytime. Try doing that over and over again.

If that doesn't work and you get in a jam do P, P, P. Blocked or not follow it up with QCB+P when they try to counter attack. When the sabaki lands do the f, f+K, K (or combo of your choice) to knock them down. When they TR try the previous method I mentioned earlier again.

5. Tymbomb321

Tymbomb321 Member

Thank you all for your help

Tymbomb321

6. 1018311

1018311 Active Member

i got to high king pretty fast with lion i cant remember my record right now though. anyway here's a good way to start a match: b+P+K (head crumble) U+P+K, F,F,K,K

7. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

I had a tough time around 8th Dan, but finally just made 9th Dan.

anyway, AI weaknesses:

1. abuse u+K,K, pounce. i win most matches abusing this.
    2. round opener 1 - P+K, pounce or u+P+K, pounce
    3. round opener 2 - b,b+K, D+k,k
    4. round opener 3 - b, df+p, pounce

these are my sure things usually.

8. Jebus

Jebus Active Member

I use u,P+K -> f,f, K,K alot, this got me too 10th Dan, but then I got tired of Lion, so I started using other people.

9. Zen_Master

Zen_Master Member

High King,
    641-18 97% Win percentage,
    32 items.
    Lion rules. He is fun as hell to play as. Still have a bit of trouble getting my last few orbs, I'm on my 3rd set. I will not stop until its done and I have eveything.

10. SG-Lion

SG-Lion Well-Known Member

Try this combo on the Kumite character.. most of the time you will get it...

After the "Ready, Go!!!" do this
    P+K, b,f+P+K,P,P, then f+P+K (delay for a while in order to get the following K a high MC, also this move only a setup, it not suppose to hit),K, then d/f,D/F,f+P (crouching dash with upper-cut) then f,f+K,K... almost 70% damage /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

if you in a small arena with wall, after the d/f, D/F, f+P, do a b,f+P+K, b,f+P+K, P,P,P (work with light character only)

SG-Lion

11. Sausage Man

Sausage Man Active Member

Actually, d/f D/F, f+p, b,f+P+K, b,f+P+K, b,f+P+K,P,P works on mids and can be done open screen. Heavys you can just leave out the first b, f+P+K.

12. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    I'm up to Subjagator with him myself (446-43), and in my experience, u+k,k-u+p is the biggest weaknes in the AI, abuse this move 'till the cows come home (or something like that). One of my other fav. juggle combos is b,b+k-p+k-f,f+k,k-d+k+g or d+k,k-u+p. I hope some of these help out.

A word of warning though: Though these moves may work quite well against the AI, a human will catch on after just ONE try almost all the time... so remember to mix it up when it's the real thing... don't say I didn't warn you...

13. Lemonspawn

Lemonspawn Member

[4][4][K],[P]+[K],[6][6][K][K] is my favorite combo with Lion too. I've found it's easy to hit them when they're coming after you after you back dash, and also sometimes right after connecting with [6][P]+[K],[K]. You have to vary your routine of course, but I've found it to be his best combo against any kumite opponent.

14. Brav

Brav Member

High King Lion, 1150-140, 88% average. I found it easy to trick out my opponents every time in the matches. A good technique for the A.I. to just punch with lion and instantly grab them after. i also like starting off a match with [4][4][K][K] and then [6][6][K][K] and then finish off with a pounce jump. it works well.