1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

is dead or alive any good

Discussion in 'General' started by Drunken_Master, Jan 11, 2001.

1. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

cuase i bought it and took it back 3 days later it seemed to suck to me or didnt i not give it a good enough chance?

2. FREEMAN

FREEMAN New Member

personally i think that only the arcade and import staurn versions of the first game are cool. doa 2 has great ideas with the arena`s but hardly uses them and there is an abundance of auto attacks that really cheapen the play. it needs to get back to its roots with doa , bring back the non complicated, instinctive play, not the costume heavy style of doa 2. still i cant wait to see number 3, maybe with a proper 360 degrees button?!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

It's no VF but it's ok. More simplistic if you ask me. Mostly canned combos and high attacks. Also, play in arcade mode, because reversals in arcade more are way to easy to do and destroy the gameplay. For some reason I like the first DoA better.

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Fantastic game, with the most cohesive fighting system I have ever seen. The gameplay, however, is almost too mechanical (i.e. it's too clear cut what the best options are at each juncture).

ice-9