1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Is everybody dead? - The Montreal VF thread

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by T_Kang, Feb 28, 2011.

1. T_Kang

T_Kang Member

Sup there people! I'm new to VF and noticed there weren't any Montreal thread so I decided to go ahead and make one, in case there are new players like me that would be willing to have offline meetings.

Pretty sure that this game is dead over here in Montreal City but I'd still give it a shot in starting the community (if it doesn't exist yet!).

Unfortunately I have the PS3 version, so no online for me [​IMG].

Montrealers, UNITE!
    *Note: I speak french too, so go ahead and post in whatever language you want to!

2. Kobi

Kobi 'Noh' One Bronze Supporter

XBL:
    Waverusher Kobi
    Welcome to the VFDC. Good to see some more Canadian blood around here.

As of right now, there is only one person here that I know that is from Montreal: NaizakiNomac. He hasn't posted in a long while. Most of the Canadian regulars are from the Toronto area. There is also a few of us in BC and Alberta.

If you ever find yourself in either of those areas, give us a shout. Shame you only have the PS3 version.

3. T_Kang

T_Kang Member

Well I decided to go and buy the 360 version today. My roomate has the console. But I think I've pissed him off so I'm better off not touching his things for today..

Thanks for replying, it's encouraging. I'll PM NaizakiNomac on a later date in hopes that he gets to see my message. I would seriously love to start a community over here.

Even though I totally suck at this game, I'm finally seeing all teh charm in it (I should've paid an attentive eye to begin with, I hated all 3D fighters back then!).

Right now, being a full-time student and lost my job since about two months ago. It won't be until a while that I get to Toronto. But I'll be sure to come by once I get another job, during breaks.

4. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    if u get an xbox, hit me up, if u have mic, i can show u couple of things.

we need more canadian players. theres like 7 in total.. it seems like lol. I agree there is a charm once u start understanding the game. Vf is kinda dull when u dont know the fundamentals, but once u do, u may never look at another game the same.

ME. VF has killed my joy of playing anything else
    ) :

speaking of canadian players,
    what happened to my homeboy KAMMY's pookin, did he get banned again?

5. T_Kang

T_Kang Member

I'll be sure to hit you up if he allows me to play on his LIVE account. Otherwise, I've bought a VF5 xbox copy for nothing LOL. I usually play on Stick (PS3), so I'm gonna suck more than you'd ever believe it once we get to play each other.

This thread is dedicated to Montreal players but it seems that it'll take more than that to start the community... I should probably start showing it to my friends and stuff, in hopes that they pick it up. And hopefully get some other people to hop on the bandwagon.

EDIT: Also, do you guys have any flashy videos I could display to people? As flashy as possible would be the best considering the fact that people always love such things.

I'd go for an Akira VS Goh match but I'm not sure which one to pick. So help me out on that one, please!

6. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    ur looking for flashy goh videos?? goh isnt very flashy, but akira is.

Ma-na (mana)i think is the most flashiest of the gohs i think. well the one that does some things unorthadox which works.
    Akape is straight to the point and ownage. Gatarou from gauche5 youtube page and GAUCHE are flashy.at least from VANILLA vf5c that i know.

hmmmm, if theres one video that might attract.. i say go to GAUCHE5 youtube page, and find the match with GOH vs Vanessa ( i think its the 5th video down.. u get to see a tripple bounce combo which worked in Version A/B or the goh vs goh match at the very top for alot of OM backstagger and side crumples.

7. T_Kang

T_Kang Member

Actually I should've worded that better. I was looking for a Goh VS Akira video but couldn't find a proper one. I was merely askign for a flashy video in general! I personally thought the GO VS AK matchup was pretty flashy. I guess it's just me being a Goh fanboy haha.

We might have to wait a week until we get to play VF online. I've really pissed off my roomate (whatever I did, I don't even know). So yeah [​IMG].