1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Is Hawk The Best Character in VF4!?

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Darren, Mar 21, 2002.

1. Darren

Darren Member

Hey, I'm new to these forums, and so far I am fairly impressed. There isn't alot of off topic stupid topics or posts. I Just bought VF4 yesterday. I am loving it so far, I have a question for anyone who has more experience than myself. Who is the best character all round? So far I have really only focused on Hawk in Kumate mode. I'm at Dan 1 Rank. I'm improving slowly but I'm getting my assed kicked sometimes now. Damn Akira! Does anybody have any advice on how to use Hawk effectively in hard battles?
    - Peace

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

it's got to be either hawk or charlie. Use lots of razor kicks.

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

There was a huge thread some months ago about an early attempt to tier. I'm sure it'll come up in a search, but be forewarned the thread pertains to Version B.

4. Darren

Darren Member

Thanks man.
    I don't know if anyone on these forums has been over at Shoryuken.com but I absolutely dispise their forums. They are filled with a bunch of people who don't post anything at all related to Street Fighter. All they post is personal problems, which I presume are really fake. They just want attention you know. Anyways I just want to say that these forums here aren't as populated, and everything here is more on topic then Shoryuken. I just wanna say keep up the good posts!
    Anyways now I"m getting off topic!
    So you think Wolf is one of the best characters?
    So far I"m only a 2 day VF fan so I haven't really developed any tactics. But I am in Dan 1 in Kumate mode. Hehe I'm getting my assed kicked against Akira and Pai. I tried using Kage, Vanessa, and Akira but I'm not any good with either of them. My good friend says that pretty much every character is good in their own way, so I won't judge anything yet.
    -Peace

5. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Re:

really basic Wolf tactics:

try to start combos with the Knee (f+K) or Short Shoulder (b,f+P+K). follow with more of the same. a good one is after the float, do P, b+P (elbow butt), then u+P down attack.

when the oppt is standing or guarding, go for a throw. good ones are the Giant Swing, K.S, Steiner's Screwdriver, and Wrist Lock Throw. If your back is to the edge of the ring, use the GS, of you're facing the edge of the ring, use the wrist lock or K.S to go for a RingOut.

Wolf's Dodge Attack is also really useful.

If you want to try wolf's Low Throws (work against crouching oppts), do this:

hold P+K for the level back chop until it's fully charged, and releases itself. if the oppt guards, they'll get a stagger. quickly do a Body Blow (f+P), and you'll hit them, they'll grab their stomach and begin to fall, or crumple. This is called "Kuzure Down". During this time, do any low throw (d/b, d, d/f, or d/fX2+P+K+G).

for low attacks, try the Grizzly Lariat or Low Drop Kick (commands are in your manual).

there's a lot to wolf, but I'm no expert; just trying to encourage a scrub (just kidding).

Spotlite

6. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Re:wrong thread... oops

scrub crash!

this reply was supposed to go in daren's "Hawk" thread...

maybe myke can move it or something.... sorry