1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Is it normal to have so many ranking matches in a row at Hero?

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Clumsy_Mohel, May 19, 2002.

1. Clumsy_Mohel

Clumsy_Mohel Member

Ok, I just made Hero yesterday, and I went on a win streak of twelve. However, seven of those matches were matches in which if I lost, I would be demoted back down to 10th Dan, and if the other guy won, he'd become a hero (so they were all 10th Dan players). Obviously, I won them all, but I went to play again today, 5 more matches, and I got TWO more of the same kind of ranking challenge. Is it normal at Hero to experience such an increase in Demotion matches? I'm playing Lau and my win percentage is 76% (yeah, I know, I'm a chump because I struggle with the AI, and I played Tekken 3 before this and not VF). Please answer me. These matches scare the crap out of me. I just want to move to Champion so I can escape this constant threat to my rank. I can barely afford to lose anymore.

2. Kali

Kali Well-Known Member

Yes, it's normal. Win one more fight with 10th dan opponent ("Promotion if win. Demotion if lose") and you'll get Champion rank.

3. CrYingCHoCoBo

CrYingCHoCoBo Well-Known Member

"VF Kumite mode A.I. fighters are very intelligent" -C. Chocobo

i quoted myself because i seem to be saying this a lot as of lately...but it's so true, this mode amuses the hell out of me every day.

yes, it's totally normal, and not only is it normal, but it's not the last time you'll see something happen like that.

the way the game works is usually when you first begin kumite for the day, or whatever, ur first round chances are...wont matter, it'll just be a warm up, then after you've been on a win streak or whatever, the important matches will start to appear....sometimes they'll appear one after the other, now, dont' be tricked by the A.I., this is all for a reason

it knows that you can't save in between matches, and that if you loose, sometimes, you'll loose everything, (in cases where you have to win against a set number of opponents CONSECUTIVELY), so it'll increase ur tension, by making each round as important as the one b4 it, just keep in mind and dont forget, to press start and end the battle if your on an important streak and the computer is close to winning the match, it's the quickest and less stressful way to pass through kumite. never be afraid to quit and save, i can't count the times i hung in there and the computer pulled off some stupid once in a lifetime comback and took a sphere, or a win streak, and i'd have to reset (meaning i'd loose items that i've won in previous rounds)...

if you make it to the lords, you'll notice that they will start to make you demote the other A.I. fighters out of the lords...im suspicious that this is because by the time you get to demonlord and are required to win against 20 other demonlords consecutively, they would like to make sure that you demoted most of the demonlords to delay the time it takes you to become a high king as much as possible.

4. Clumsy_Mohel

Clumsy_Mohel Member

Thanks guys

5. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Actually, at Dragonlord level, they'll promote Subjugators back up to Dragonlord if there weren't enough left. (It happened to me, I routinely fight 65% win Dragonlords nowadays).

6. CrYingCHoCoBo

CrYingCHoCoBo Well-Known Member

i just noticed that i put demonlord in place of dragonlord, but oh well

yeah, it's kinda weird how it'll make you demote a crap load of a.i. fighters (and i do mean MAKE, if you fail to do it once, they will keep making that fighter appear, and he/she'll prolly be easier...maybe even have a king tut mask as proof of their loosing streaks), ...but again, it does this for a reason, i believe that when you change to another group, or level or whatever, like from subjugator, to stormlord, or dragon to high king, or even champion to adept or conqueror, i believe that it will delay the last ranking match for as long as possible, unless you refuse to fight, by keep cancelling and re-entering kumite until it gives you a ranking match.

very intelligent system...im very impressed.