1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible on the DoA/EX2 stick to...

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by KrsJin, Dec 1, 2007.

1. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Tighten and loosen the spring on the stick to adjust the tension in the stick?

I have quite the problem I didn't realize until playing characters who rely on corners more. One DoA stick which I bought day one and have since took apart and put back together, has a stick which is extremely loose, almost more so than what most stock sanwas come as. The other, the one I bought recently for VF5 (cause my old one had a broken mic jack) has an extremely stiff stick, and seems to have become even more stiff /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

So my question is, is there a way to adjust the tension on these two? I'd love a happy median between the both. In all honesty, I like playing on the one that is too loose more than the one that's stiff, but no mic for online /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Thanks for any advice.

2. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

you can tighten or loosen the spring by taking it apart and stretching the spring for more tension or compressing it for less tension.

if anything you could just swap out the spring on the one you like into the one with working mic port.

to remove the spring you have to pop off the e-clip that is under the stick in between the plastic actuator and screwdriver slot. i usually just stick an exacto knife in between e-clip and screwdriver slot and use some leverage to pry it out.

3. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Incredible, thanks man.

Gona give it a try. Doesn't sound like something that will permanently mess it up. So here goes haha.

Man, this e-ring is a pain to get off lol. I feel whack admitting this but I havn't been able to get it off. Usually I'm good with this type of stuff.

4. crewwolfy

crewwolfy Active Member

Might try just swapping the microphone jack modules.