1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Is it worth it... (Sanwa Parts)

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by Zym_Dragon, May 27, 2009.

1. Zym_Dragon

Zym_Dragon Active Member

So I have this crazy idea after trying to find the nice Sanwa parts that many have recommended. I didn't want to wait for a few weeks to buy from Lizard Lick, so I looked for other sources and I was able to find a distributer that can get the parts for me. Only problem is I have to buy the sticks in lots of 100 and buttons in lots of 500.

So I am curious how many of you would be interested in buying from me, if I took the plunge and made this purchase? Prices would be competitive; 25.00 for the stick and 3.00 per button. I was looking at starting with the Sanwa JLF-TP-8T Ball Handle Joystick, 4 & 8-Way Adjustable (should I go with the Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK (madcatz compatible) instead?) and Sanwa OBSF-30 Pushbutton.

Your feedback is appreciated. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I think your idea is a little crazy unless you plan to become an online arcade parts vendor. I can help you with that by the way.

If you need parts sooner than later, I recommend http://www.arcadeshop.de/ I bought parts from them in time for the SoCal party.

3. Zym_Dragon

Zym_Dragon Active Member

Becoming an online vendor is part of my craziness. I'd tack it on as another part of my business if it looks like there is enough interest.

I did find that site in my searching, but the overseas shipping costs kill any notion of me buying from them.

Thanks for your offer. You do nice work! I'll let you know if I need anything. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

4. DarkVincent

DarkVincent Well-Known Member

Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK <-- go with this since there is a huge demand for it atm.

5. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    im thinking of buying the Sanwa JLF-TP-8T Ball Handle Joystick, 4 & 8-Way Adjustable from lizard lick anyone know if i will get new white connectors for the wiring on both sides or does it require soldering one side to the pcb? I would buy the other one without the wiring harness from lizard lick but my switches were changed to happ by yupa and it was already soldered. The image of my stick is posted on the street fighter4 awesomeness thread Page 12( dunno how to attach link or image with ps3 browser). Any advice will be helpful thanks.

6. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

I work for a business that does essentially what you are talking about (middle man seller). Technically LizardLick is and other online distributors are forms of this business model.

My suggestion is it's best to buy from the factory (in bulk) because you can turn the highest profit per unit sold that way (or you can undercut the prices offered by the competition if they aren't being honest and gain market share).

I suggest you think about it and try to get a feel for the demand cause quality sanwa parts will always be in demand so long as people enjoy playing japanese fighting games.