1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Is Shun Di really drunk?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by sidneypoitier, Apr 11, 2002.

1. lau_fists

lau_fists Well-Known Member

"Style"'s probably the wrong word. "Form" is probably better. As
    I pointed out, Drunken Boxing is not a stand-alone form. Even in films
    (and I never saw LEGEND OF DRUNKEN BOXER or whatever the Chan film is)
    Drunken Boxing is used as a tool, a device, a confusion tactic to counteract another
    form, but rarely exclusively.

A "style" pertains to any particular fighter, how he is built, how he moves,
    what his capabilities are, speed, power, on and on. The Drunken Boxing form
    can be a kind of back-up to any martial artists skill level, giving him a defensive
    evasive series of tactics, just in case he was to find himself in a death duel with
    another forms master (highly unlikely these days). Most of the martial arts forms
    cannot match the pure untrained brutality of the street-fighter, and so the
    fighter must engage many systems that can be imprinted into his physical memory and
    used for street situations. Tae Kwon Do hand strikes combined with American Boxing
    and jujitsu grappling techniques, I mean the variations depend on the person
    doing them. You apply what is needed.

2. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

just a thought here, Every form of martial art has tool's devices' and tactics to counter other forms, its basic, what use would it serve it can't do these things, and yes Form will be more appropriate than style, as style can be differentiated on the same form, Example, the form of Jeet kune do, where both Jacky and Sarah has different Styles of using the form.