1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

is the vf2 command list incomplete?

Discussion in 'General' started by Wolfguardian88, Mar 3, 2020.

1. here's wat i mean by that: i love how most of the moves in the vf2 command list in VFDC atleast have the advantage after a move hits guard but, (atleast when i see my main character sarah bryant) it doesnt have any neutral hit (or what others call normal hit) or counter hit advantage numbers :( vf2 arcade is extremely difficult when i trying not to use cheap and even sometimes risky strategys, and i could use all the info i can get on a specific move. (also a very funny thing i find in the game is that the AI can get away with a mid kick on my guard and block when i try to counter attack after the AI's mid kick hits my guard, but when i do a mid kick to the AI, it seems like i atleast have -10 advantage even when it hits as a neutral, i do know its atleast safe when it hits as a counter hit :3)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  2. gido

gido Well-Known Member

Yes the AI is very cheap. Dont stress yourself out with it :ROTFL:

Wolfguardian88 likes this.
  3. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Many of the old people making video games back then, programmed their games to break rules and cheat, so as to get us younger people to spend more money at the arcades, and beg our parents for more money, to beat one annoying character, that cheats and kicks our butts.

Mortal Kombat 2, Street Fighter 2, and annoying cheap boss syndrome SNK fighting games, like KOF and Fatal Fury, are good examples of this. Thank God they didn't make much money off of me.:p

Wolfguardian88 likes this.
  4. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

I was lucky my grandpa owned an arcade place and I had unlisted access before he sold everything out.

I can't laugh more at the idea of what if a developer attempted that now for their consoles release... They reviewers will deduct points with cheap unbalanced bosses... ( They really didn't let it go with MK9 Shao Kahn and that's only a fraction of how cheap he was in the 90s MKs). Like come on.... Was it hard to understand the reference.