1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Is there very few Brad users?

Discussion in 'Brad' started by NivleK, Dec 5, 2007.

1. NivleK

NivleK Active Member

Is there very few Brad users? I see this forum, brad's dojo is the least active. Not alot of discussing etc..

2. Vortigar

Vortigar Well-Known Member

Least active you say?
    Not too sure about that, there are quite a few Brad users.
    Maybe it's just been that way lately?
    Heck, I don't know...
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

3. I use Brad mainly. I read a lot of the threads and post when I want to say something. Defently not a spamer lol

4. Blahzie

Blahzie Well-Known Member

Turns out there aren't very many people at all who use Brad. At least not who also visit here or play online.

5. DancingFighterG

DancingFighterG Well-Known Member

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Some players just don't get into Brad but he is the man. My favorite character next to Shun.

6. PineTree

PineTree Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xPINETREEx
    XBL:
    PinesTree
    What's up guys, I'm new to Virtual Fighter and randomly picked Brad as the character to play with, and now is my main character. Must say that this game is addicting and a lot deeper than I've ever imagined. I can see why people say Virtual Fighter is the best fighting game of all.

This is my first post, and would love to play you Brad players online so I can see some cool moves. Hope to become a better player and learn some tips from this site. Don't see that many Brad players at all online, is he the least used character?

7. Steam

Steam Active Member

a good way to learn some nice setups is youtube. Some jap players use stage6 as well.

8. PineTree

PSN:
    xPINETREEx
    XBL:
    PinesTree
    What does stage 6 mean? I've seen some youtube vids and yeah those guys are killer, definitely will have to study those moves. I remember playing this japanese player with the name itsohubon or something like that. He basically kicked my ass, but at least I won one round with him. I remember him doing this move with Brad that had him say something like "c'mon bring it on." Do any of you know what I'm talking about? I just did it on accident today, and I'm trying to figure out how to make Brad say it again. Thanks and hope to see you guys online, my gamertag is 'xPINETREEx'

9. Vortigar

Vortigar Well-Known Member

That'd be Sway Back /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, the low kick from sway back. On counter hit you get the 'bring it on' taunt.

Itsohubon? That makes me wonder if Itoshun plays on live, he's basically Lord Brad, but tends to mess around a lot. I think he sticks to arcades though.

stage6 = http://www.stage6.com/videos

10. PineTree

PSN:
    xPINETREEx
    XBL:
    PinesTree
    Thanks Vortigar, I use it all the time now...haha. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Itoshun or something very similar to that. Not sure if it's the same guy you're talking about but he was really good when I played him.

11. Soccaprodi

Soccaprodi Member

Hey I believe I am in the same boat as Pinetree. Just got this game and my first VF and maining Brad. Any great beginner tips and such will be greatly appreciated.

12. JimSensei

JimSensei Member

I play as Brad most of the time. Not an amazing player, but I really enjoy playing as him.

I really can't offer any advice as every day is a learning experience. I would suggest just adding any Brad user you find and play against them to see different styles.

13. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

There's plenty of tips here, all you have to do is search. Read the Brad wiki and watch players like 10near, Itoshun and Magnum playing with Brad to get some ideas.
    The most important advice I can give you is to have your own style, one's that is intuitive and second nature to you.
    Don't copy other player's styles, create your own.
    Even if you mix and match things that you've learned and have a sort of Frankenstein style but make it your own with it's own unique touch.

14. ZeroEx

ZeroEx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zeextremekid
    XBL:
    Zeextremekid
    I use Brad but on a 30% basis cause I need to learn how to do his combos properly and get some timing based moves sorted out. Clench is hard...

15. PineTree

PSN:
    xPINETREEx
    XBL:
    PinesTree
    Any Brad players that want to practice and 'brawl' with can friend request me anytime. Would love to have some intense matches with the same character. Not only that but to check out different playing styles and learn new stuff. I know I can check out all the videos on YouTube, but I'd still like to play with other Brad players that want to.