1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Is VF dead in Toronto?!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I remember back in VF2/3 days there were some pretty good players in Toronto and Ottawa, there was a guy named Shun from abroad (don't remember where) he was ranked #3 somewhere, sitson, a few others who's names I've since forgotten. Does anyone play in these cities anymore? Anyone know if Toronto will get a machine?

2. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Of course TO will get a VF4. We'll demand one at Funland (I'm sure we won't have to though). Jo Shun has left TO. Sitson was from Montreal. But, Lllanfair, myself, Clem and Johnson still play. I'm sure we always will. I think everyone is just quietly waiting for VF4.

kbcat

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Count me too

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for the reply, I was beginning to think that there was no T.O. scene anymore. Sitson was from Ottawa actually, at least he went to univ. there, I know cause I'm from Ottawa and we used to play VF2 all the time and some VF3. I've met Clem and Johnson I think at a small VF tourny where T.O ppl and Yupa and maybe a few others showed up in Ottawa. Anyways, where's Funland?

5. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Ottawa... That's right... my memory is getting fuzzy :p

Funland is an arcade at Younge & Dundas in TO. It is *the* arcade in the Downtown area. There is still some competition available if you're lucky. But, I'm sure the scene will pick up again when VF4 comes out.

kbcat

6. Guest

Guest Guest

great thanks again

7. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

and just what is *that* supposed to mean, Jo? You hinting at something? :)

cheers,

<font color=white>Llanfair</font color=white>
    <font color=orange>Booyah daddy mac! I'm stylin!</font color=orange>

8. Akira Yukii

Akira Yukii Active Member

Solution? Toronto Fighters club.
    Details?

VF4 is probably going to be online. Make some TO exlcusiveness, yo'.
    I'd be there before you can blink an eye and burp the neighbors baby.

( Unlimited Time. Har I'm "tricky". )

RIGHT. ON!
    -Z'

"In fighting games, it's always better to fight defensively. This allows taking advantage of jump ins with a nice fulfilling uppercut special."

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Any of you want to have a VF night sometime soon? I'm not so good but I think it'd still be fun

10. Llanfair

Ummm...ok...whatever. I'm really not quite sure what you're getting at here.

As far as 'Anonymous' is concerned - I'd love to get together and play a few rounds at Funland. It's been a while since any of us played, really (that I know of). Do me a favour though - sign your next post? :)

cheers,

11. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

We're always game for a night of VF.

kbcat

12. Emil

Emil Well-Known Member

Is there an open invitation for this get together?

-Emil the Rusty

13. Llanfair

Absolutely. :)

I think we should have a good Funland evening sometime soon - I emailed the new "Akira Yukii", aka Z' as well and he's game. I'm curious to experience his Crossup technique.

So - I'm game. Kbcat's game. I'll try and wrangle Johnson and Clem and GodEater as well. Sounds like a good time.

cheers,

14. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Llanfair,

Yes, please let us know what you think of his VF "crossover" technique; I think a lot of us are in awe of his m4d l33t sk1llz /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Hope you guys have a great time VF'ing at Funland this evening!

-- Chris

15. Akira Yukii

Take a hint.

Alright. Look. "Chris". I'm really getting frightened of you.
    In fact, I'm shivering. Feh. Are you some sort of outlandish retardo?
    Where the hell did you get the idea I'm an elitist at VF? Huh?
    I'm merely looking for WELL THOUGHT OUT DISCUSSION.
    I'm going to continue hoping that "chris'" last post was a joke.
    If it was? Sorry. If not? Pinch off and whipe "son".

Anyways. I'm gold as long as kept posted on anything upcoming.
    I'd be glad to show you what I mean then, or at least until I get
    a technical term for.
    "Jump in with attack then start crouching combo" thing.
    It's pretty effective, really!
    It's killer on both tall and short characters!
    Problem is that LOTS of gamers use it to start combos, so,
    it's easly blocked. :(

"Every gamer developes a FEEL for the fighters they play. It's probably the only non optional aspect."

16. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I'll wait for Llanfair's follow up post, thank you very much.

Take a hint? Um, let's see, all the negativity thus far on this board has been extended towards you. Maybe *you* need to stop being uptight, chill out, be nice, and learn more about the workings of a forum that has been around for years now, before mass posting inane comments. This has always been proper net etiquette since the days of Usenet and discussions on rec.games.video.arcade 5-6 years ago. (But at the ripe old age of 17, you probably wouldn't have known about or used newsgroups now, would you?)

Not convinced? Cut and paste your first thread on VFDC (the one comparing VF and Killer Instinct) and substitute "Tekken Tag Tournament" for "Virtua Fighter", and post to the Tekken Central or Tekken Zaibatsu forums. I guarantee you will get a similar reaction from the regulars there.

Most of these forumers have known each other and played the VF series for many years now. While the atmosphere on this board is generally pretty friendly, you do realize, I hope, that dissing the core focus of a forum (especially with comments that are not well-reasoned) right off the bat is not going to make you any friends here.

Just some friendly advice. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

17. Akira Yukii

Eh. I Suppose you're right.
    Forgiveness!

-Z'

"Every gamer developes a FEEL for the fighters they play. It's probably the only non optional aspect."

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi, this is anonymous from this thread throughout, I'm up for vf anytime. I'm not much of a challenge as I haven't played a lot of VF3, but was ok in VF2. I'm up for games anytime.

19. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

But at the ripe old age of 17.....

Caaaarreful....
    There's young'uns about ;)

20. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

I must say it's nice to see some new TO people. This should be fun.

kbcat