1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Is VF5 ONLINE competition dead?

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by samtheseed, Jun 29, 2011.

1. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    I'm not sure if anyone has posted a thread similar to this before. But i've just picked up my arcade stick and logged on after a long hiatus from VF. I got online but can't find much competition other than some good players and nooby players once in a while.

Anyway, the point of this thread is to perhaps get some feedback from the community: is there anyone still interested in ranking up online? I propose scheduling maybe a once a month or twice a month kind of thing to get anyone who's willing online to compete for ranking. I ask the help of the community to help organize this, there's VFDC and VF on facebook. VF:FS might or might not be coming, but for now we still have VF5. Thanks again for your attention in regards to the matter. Please post your suggestions and thoughts on this.

2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    For ranking? I personally aren't interested at all but I wish you luck with that. I think you asked in the shoutbox earlier and that's always the best place to get matches.

3. CaptainJapan53

CaptainJapan53 Well-Known Member

virtua me forever

4. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    I guess it's dead.

5. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    Unfortunately it is quite dead. I was just looking through old posts and there were so many more active players years ago. I even had fun looking through the old "cable puller" thread. There were so many names listed or posts from people that I haven't seen in at least 2-3 years. =(

6. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

Do you mean the bad games thread? Don't think I've ever seen a specific 'cable pullers' thread.

7. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    Here's the link: http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/174101#Post174101

It's actually kind of interesting to go back and read through it. And surprisingly it generated more than 30 pages of posts so it was quite an active thread awhile back. It has since been locked over 2 years ago and I can't imagine something like this coming back until we see a new VF console release, but hopefully by then Sega will have devised a way of screwing over pullers!

I too completely forgot about this thread but not surprised since it's way back on page 14 now. =/

8. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

I remember this thread. Early on I pulled on Gernbergs for doing the TWP after rounds. There were tons of players then, it was truly the online pinnzcle of this game. You could find several players your rank. Look at some of the rdally good players on the list

9. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    I agree! And that's why it was kinda fun looking through that thread. It reminded me of when VF5 Online was at its best!! At pretty much any given time you could go online and find many, many people hosting and hunting, and often times there were far more players in ranked than in player match.

10. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    FS will bring it back. When it does, I'm ranked all the time.

11. Faust

Faust Member

so is online getting better