1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Item and moves

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by camenraider, Mar 13, 2002.

1. camenraider

camenraider Member

I read in many website that some item you win in kumine or in Vf.net makes your moves stroger.Is it ture?Which iten do this?
    Thanks...I play akira and I am monarch.
    Thanks.

2. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

You can't believe everything you read. I believe this erroneous information was originally perpetuated in Sega of America's marketing of the VF4 PS2 product.

-Jason

3. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Its not true..

You earn particular decorations and features that are purely cosmetic.

Certain items ie:
    -Colours are earned as you increase in rank
    -Items such as hair/head/belt/armbands etc are earned by defeating certain opponents or fulfilling certain conditions. Ie, 100consecutive wins
    -There are Curses for losing too many times, RO loss etc etc.

4. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

-There are Curses for losing too many times, RO loss etc etc.

The "curses" are only cosmetic too... the only problem with them is to get rid of them you need to do specific things like tech roll successfully so many times or get an excellent win, etc.

Curse items are the bunny or squirrel on your shoulder or some funny head items like Sarah's google glasses.

5. Jinisgod

Jinisgod Well-Known Member

Hey guys jus wondering, have you all seen any curse items for Vannessa... I havent gotten any yet...so i was jus wondering

Red

6. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

I've seen a couple on AM2's arcade VF4 page. One is a giant horse head hat, and another is a Jason hockey mask.

7. Zero-chan

8. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Well, you're not 100% correct. Most characters have the "Hazukashii / Embarrasing" items, which are only cosmetic. Most of them are attached by 10 straight losses once you're character is up to the 2-dan level (someone tell me how they translated the levels, btw... I've not played the Engrish version) and taken off after 2 consecutive wins, although some are different. I'm not totally sure, as I just started, but I don't think the horses head is an Embarrasing item. Some of them you get to keep. For Lion, I've got the Eh?! Helmet, which is like the Eifle tower (this is the arcade version) and got to use it AFTER I one two straight wins. Other characters like Aoi (kitty cat nose & whiskers) you don't get to keep. Same w/ Shun, Lau, and a few others.

Now, the ones that make you stronger (yes, they exist). These are pretty rare items, as there's only two ways to get them (Again, this is the Arcade version, which is supposedly identical to the PS2 in terms of system). Each character has one I believe, although I can only name a few. The only way to get them is 100-straight wins *OR* beat the same character when they have it equipped. IE -- Aio w/ Taiko drum vs. Aio w/o drum -- if the one w/o the drum wins, she gets it. The only difference is your defense is a bit stronger. The problem is, nobody wants to lose them, so they never equip them. What they do is equip it, got the arcade, then make OTHER items based off the 100-win item. IE, w/ Aoi, another 100-win item is a short haircut. Get 5 wins in a row, and you get the Gold short haircut. Destroy all the walls on Leifei Stage, and you get the silver. Then unequip the normal short haircut, and it doesn't matter if you lose -- they can't get the items that were gained b/c of the 100-win item. I'll talk about the crystal items when my fingers don't hurt. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Sorry to ramble, hope that helps. Here's a link w/ some kewl Aoi 100-win items (hood, demon mask, and short haircut)
    http://www18.xdsl.ne.jp/~dirtsige/yogoredan/gall.htm

9. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Go <a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/view.php?section=vf4&file=vf4_ranking_faq.html>here</a> for the ranking guide with english translations.

Can someone else confirm that the 100 win items increase your defense? In what way? Do you take 10% less damage or something? Is there any mention of this in the black or blue book?

10. GaijinPunch

11. GaijinPunch

Here's the 100-win defense items I could find (perhaps they don't all have them)

Lau: Shoulder Pad of Prosperity
    Lei Fei: Souten Hat
    Pai: Egyptian Style Leg Band
    Vanessa: Oldies Sunglass
    Shun: Green Dragon Insignia

Doesn't mean the others don't exist -- the list I found doesn't have all the characters either, so take it w/ a grain of salt. This site is pretty popular in japan though.

12. ktj

ktj Member

i doubt if anybody has managed to get a 100 win item at the arcade without cheating (ie having a dummy player) ... not even Chibita. That's probably why you haven't seen it at the arcade.

13. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

"""not even Chibita""

Quite wrong in fact.
    He did pass the 100 victories mark..if I remembered correctly..it's either 150..or 180...
    anyway..he DID LOSE...
    only because he had to go pee.

14. Zero-chan

Hmmm, this explains why you see cards with 100 win items being sold on Yahoo Japan auctions all the time then... interesting.

15. GaijinPunch

Yeah, the sell them on Yahoo Japan. There is another way to get a 100-win item... LUCK! Some of the cards in the arcades already have them equipped. Yes, very few, but they're there. Now, the genkyuu items.... THOSE are hard to get, and run a fortune. Considering Chibita has the white hair for line (7 genkyuu) I'd say he's pretty shit hot. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

16. Zero-chan

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

There is another way to get a 100-win item... LUCK! Some of the cards in the arcades already have them equipped. Yes, very few, but they're there.

<hr></blockquote>
    Really? Hmmm, that's kind of silly. IMO, if you get something like that it should take SKILL and not just luck-of-the-draw.
    What exactly is a "genkyuu" item, can you explain a little?
    Also, it was mentioned earlier in the thread that there are differences in the items you can get for PS and arcade, does anyone know what's present and missing from each?

Actually, if someone would just be kind enough to point me to a Japanese page with lots of item info it would be much appreciated. (^^;)

Whenever FV3 gets made, it really needs to make use of the VF.net item system... it's just too cool.

17. GaijinPunch

Personally, I hope they skip FV3 and go to VF5! :) Anyways, the 100-win item by luck of the draw-- I've not seen it yet, but that's what I've heard. That's DEFINITELY how the Genkyuu items come about. They're extremely rare. A genkyuu, for lack of a better word is a crystal (the kanji - gen - is maboroshi - an illusion. A cue is a ball). Anyways, they're on SOME cards. If you renew your card (after 500 plays) and win w/ the special card, you get a genkyu. If you lose, that player gets it (see where this is going). The player you lose to has to be 2-dan or above, so if you get one, you should lose immediately if it's someone on a lower level than 2-dan. There are some items you can get after 1 or 2 balls, but the kewl ones are when you get 7.

Lion has white/blue/red hair
    Kage - hair (no helmet)
    Vanessa - long ponytail
    Aoi - Kabuki Star (not sure what this is)
    Jacky - long hair (I've seen pictures of this actually)

and so on. I could search and do the whole list if there's interest.

18. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

7 Spheres?

19. GaijinPunch

Did I stutter? (Or write "..." in the case of message posting) Hehe. Yeup, 7 -- the cards are selling for about 14,000 yen on Yahoo Japan right now.

20. GaijinPunch

Oh, yeah -- that's a card with ONE genkyuu... not seven.