1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Item question (ps2)

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Shadowdean, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Does anybody know about how many items there are to be found total? Is there a place on the net that has pictures of most/all of them?

2. soulmachine

soulmachine Well-Known Member

Yu Suzuki has said that there are 400 items in total in VF4 for PS2. The U.S. version features some different items than the Japanese version. Good luck finding all 400, but many of them are curse items. So lose a few games while you're at it.;)

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Pasted from a post I made a week or two ago /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

someone on the gamefaqs board (I linked to it from VFDC) had an item faq and listed exactly how many items each character had.

Akira - 29
    Pai - 28
    Lau - 32
    Wolf - 32
    Jeffry - 32
    Kage - 27
    Sarah - 34
    Jacky - 31
    Shun - 38
    Lion - 50
    Aoi - 52
    Lei - 31
    Vanessa - 39

Total is 455. I dunno if this covers PS2/Ver. C or just version B or what.
    Some of the conditions for items are really tough or weird, so fool around a lot.
    I've heard of:
    -getting interrupted XX times in one round
    -guarding 30 times in a round
    -breaking all the walls in a breakable-walls stage. (that one's for vanessa)
    -defeating a certain character on a certain stage
    -really fast victories
    -multiple perfect rounds
    -interrupting the opponent many times.
    -curse items for failing to tech roll, losing many times in a row to lower ranked opponents, etc.

4. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

An important addition that I think was mentioned in that original thread is that you need to be above 2nd dan to obtain many of those "weird conditions" items. So get your character into the mid dans, and then start messing around.