1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

It's all but confirmed, VF 4.1 for XBOX, details..

Discussion in 'General' started by Cause, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

Sorry to piss in everyone's Cheerios but it appears Sega is going to be releasing an upgrade to VF4 at home and in the arcade, the only home version to have this upgrade is going to be the XBOX. VF 4.1 is suposed to have at least ONE new character (Taka maybe.....) , multiple new stages and more. So if you plan on playing both at home and in the arcade, the Xbox is the only console who will have the correct version, everyone's PS2 copy is pretty much old news in under 6 months or so, sorry. In addition it mentions that the game will experience a graphical upgrade as well. Nice.(Makes you wonder if it will be released in the arcade using the confirmed Sega/Microsoft joint arcade hardware.)For those who still are in disbelief, I've supplied two links, one from the Official XBOX Magazine. However if you still don't beleive me wait a month or two, the offical announcement is coming.

http://www.officialxboxmagazine.co.uk/default.asp?c=n&s=129

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=25962

2. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Both of the web sites don't seem too official to me. Any way, all they can come up with is "rumour has it", I don't like that kind of sentence structure.

Let's wait for the official announcement from Sega.

3. Torneko

Torneko Well-Known Member

Yeah Taka back would be nice.

4. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Well it's gotta be Taka then, I mean they can just bring a whole new character in just for the X-box version.

5. Rary

Rary Member

I wouldn't consider these rumors "confirmed" until we hear an official announcement by Sega.

www.computerandvideogames.com isn't the most reliable source of information. They're the ones who said MGSX on Xbox would be a port of MGS1 on PSX.

I trust OXM UK more, but even they are careful to say this info comes from "sources close to Sega", but it's not confirmed.

Anyway, I hope it's true, but it seems a strange business decision by Sega. After all, Virtua Fighter has never been very popular in the US, and the Xbox isn't doing too well in Japan, considering the amount of money Microsoft spent on advertising.

6. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Hmm, they think that vf4 could be the boost they need in Japan?

7. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    I think new character is gonna be ryo from shenmue. Got this feeling....

8. Shadowdean

Yo, whats up? Where ya been bro? How is the job search and all going? Hit me up.

9. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

He's too similar to Akira I thinks......

Taka seems a logical choice, less development time and balancing.

10. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

"When contacted for comment, a Sega of America representative told GameSpot that Sega has not made any announcements regarding the appearance Virtua Fighter 4 on other consoles and reaffirmed that it's an exclusive PlayStation 2 game."

Nuff said.

11. Shadowdean

Yeah, but that could be a public statement put out because of current negotiations...