I've come to the conclusion

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Kiteless, May 22, 2002.

1. Kiteless

Kiteless Member

That playing kumite mode is a waste of time as the computer AI totally sucks.

I've won something like 120 fights in a row with Pai now and Its becomming boring.

The computer constatly falls for or does nothing about moves such as pppb+k, u/f kk, f k+g, kk to name a few.

AI as bad as this is pretty much unacceptable in this day and age and ruins the fun for individual players, I don't expect to be able to hit u/f kk most the time the computer gets up from the floor nor do I expect the computer to constantly get hit by pppb+k. Pathetic

2. vfighter8323

vfighter8323 Member

Yeah, it may suck, but i also depends on your ranking. Are you a High ranking player? Low Ranking or Mid? The 10th dan and up get a little harder but are still very predictable. So in all I sort of agree with you. Try Akira though, its much harder and maybe more fun. I thougt so.

3. Kiteless

Kiteless Member

I'm currently at 8th dan and beating challenges from named ranks no prob. Its not a case of me being a super uber player or anything like that, its just a case of knowing how to win against the computers predictable patterns, human players are another matter.

Still learning Akira atm, he can be a toughy to master

4. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Kiteless -- you're using Pai. Try doing it w/ Aoi or Shun, where winning relies on 'tricking' your opponent. Doesn't work w/ AI. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

5. I agree somewhat that the AI is too easy to beat. I use Pai and it is just about no challenge. I also use Lei (8th dan)sometimes which is some what of an effort and Vanessa (5th dan) which I think is kinda hard. Depends on character I guess. Maybe just because I haven't found a cheap strategy