1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I've come to the conclusion

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Kiteless, May 22, 2002.

1. Kiteless

Kiteless Member

That playing kumite mode is a waste of time as the computer AI totally sucks.

I've won something like 120 fights in a row with Pai now and Its becomming boring.

The computer constatly falls for or does nothing about moves such as pppb+k, u/f kk, f k+g, kk to name a few.

AI as bad as this is pretty much unacceptable in this day and age and ruins the fun for individual players, I don't expect to be able to hit u/f kk most the time the computer gets up from the floor nor do I expect the computer to constantly get hit by pppb+k. Pathetic

2. vfighter8323

vfighter8323 Member

Yeah, it may suck, but i also depends on your ranking. Are you a High ranking player? Low Ranking or Mid? The 10th dan and up get a little harder but are still very predictable. So in all I sort of agree with you. Try Akira though, its much harder and maybe more fun. I thougt so.

3. Kiteless

Kiteless Member

I'm currently at 8th dan and beating challenges from named ranks no prob. Its not a case of me being a super uber player or anything like that, its just a case of knowing how to win against the computers predictable patterns, human players are another matter.

Still learning Akira atm, he can be a toughy to master

4. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Kiteless -- you're using Pai. Try doing it w/ Aoi or Shun, where winning relies on 'tricking' your opponent. Doesn't work w/ AI. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

5. I agree somewhat that the AI is too easy to beat. I use Pai and it is just about no challenge. I also use Lei (8th dan)sometimes which is some what of an effort and Vanessa (5th dan) which I think is kinda hard. Depends on character I guess. Maybe just because I haven't found a cheap strategy