1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Ive noticed some character are more powerful than others.

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by shankmaster, Jun 17, 2002.

1. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

Well, IMHO Akira being a very linear character, having only two low attacks (only one that's useable), not having a great throw game, and finally the commands for his moves being fairly hard balances him out. If you take away his power moves then he doesn't have much left. I even bet that when VF4 Evo comes out people will still bitch that he is too strong.

2. Lemonspawn

Lemonspawn Member

Personally, I think all those guys who complain about Akira are making too big a deal out of it. I admit he's ONE of the more frustrating opponents (that Lau Chan is just as agrivating if you ask me...), but I have so much fun using Lion that I'm too busy to be concerned with balance issues. Besides, if someone like Akira gives you trouble, it's just that much more fulfilling when you kick the snot out of him, am I right?

3. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Akira has a half-decent throwing game. He's got what? Two throws that throw you behind him, and leave your back facing him where the'll double-fist the crap out of you. Plus he's got a throw combo that's vicious.
    He's got a low punch & low kick, as everyone does, as well as a that other damn low thing -- takes a bit to wind up, but puts you in perfect [2_][3][P] position -- or a throw, as most people are expecting the [2_][3][P]. He also shares the best low rising-attack in the game with Wolf. Crumbles, and guarantees any down attack.

Add his half-cresent attacks (he's got two I think) as well as two of his really powerful moves [4][3][P]+[K] (which crumbles) and the dreaded shoulder (which floats) that BOTH avoid high punches, and you've got one tough mother.

you're right though, his moves are hard to pull off, but that's generally just a matter of time until any given player can get them under their hat.

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    two of his really powerful moves [4][3][P]+ [K]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure u meant [3][P]+[K]...no?
    or [4][3]+P..which forces opponents to crouch...no?

BTW...I think Akira's low rising attack while is indeed good...is extremly linear...reversible, predictable...easy to evade...yada yada yada yada yada yada

BLAH

5. GaijinPunch

Doesn't he have two low rise-attacks? One w/ both feet, one with just one? I tried to reverse one the other day, and crumbled. I could've just mis-timed it.

I've only played w/ a reversable character for a few months, and only started getting confident with reversals recently, so didn't bother until lately.

6. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

"I tried to reverse one the other day, and crumbled."

yeah, that's the kick that you can reverse, its nice that it crumbles if you miss reversing it /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

7. GaijinPunch

It's a bit of a crap-shoot, I know. Just need to practice. I think Akira & Wolf are probably the two hardest people to reverse, due to their shoulders and whatntot.