1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

J6 screwing with Jacky (stay away Mr Bungle!)

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Mirkan, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

Regarding Jacky's VF4 story.. Uhm, other than me, does anyone feel that J6 is a bunch of braindead morons?

I mean, come on. Do they want Jacky dead or not? They screw with his sponsors.. Why? Why just keep him off the racing track? Am I missing something here?

The only threat he could pose to J6 is that he'd save his sister, should they try to kidnap her again. But why then, don't they just kill him? The whole thing just doesn't make any sense!

Although I like this "fight for his sister" concept alot. That he stopped training when she got her memory back. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    He's just one cool little brother, that Jacky Bryant.

Still, this J6 buissness is just fucked up.. I mean, VF story was never water proof, not even that believable in the smallest sense.. but.. killing off his sponsors?
    Sheesh! =}

Any thoughts?

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I'll tell u what my thoughts are.
    This topic belongs to the general thread.
    It's not only mr.bungle u be should concerned abt.

But what the hell.
    I can tell u this much. I had a rollercoaster ride doing the translations of the storylines. Often enough, I ask myself
    " why am I translating such stupid storylines!!!!!'

but anyway..next time...follow the rules and stick whatever non gameplay related questions into the general board Please~

3. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

I didn't know that VF-related things should be in the general board. I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge there.

As for the Bungle-comment, that was about a thing he said in a story related post a long time ago. About people who were interested in the story and personality of the characters being complete retards.. I don't remember exactly how he put it, but I found it strongly humiliating and mean. Not to me, but to the person that started the thread.. In my belief it was Adio.

I apologize for the placement of this post, but I won't take back that Mr Bungle was my only real concern.

/Mirkan

4. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Hey, I don't know if it was me but I do like storylines. Good examples are KOF and Soul Calibur. They can have a strong affect on the game if they are well made. Screw anyone who tells you different. Do what's right for you.

5. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

Whats up with Pai meeting her dying father at the tournament? "We gotta meet up at the tournament!", wtf...
    She could call or visit. Send a letter or something...No! They gotta meet up at the tournament.
    On another note : satan shark, heh.

6. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

Hahaha, yeah, well.. They have a bad relationship I guess.. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

As for Jeffry, yeah, he's a sad bastard.. hahahaha, winning money for his sonar.. that's funny =}

/Mirkan

7. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Well, as Adio says, "everybody wants my Sarah" ;-)

VF4 Storyline-making Process:
    1. Flip a coin
    2. If heads, cut and paste character's VF3 storyline ("Wolf continues to seek his dream")
    3. If tails, cut and paste Lion VF3 storyline, changing names and places ("Aoi goes back to training")
    4. Write storyline for new characters and powerful old characters ("J6 blah blah blah")

8. Trigger

Trigger Active Member

I don't think anyone should need 5 years to develop this kind of storyline. Just 5 minutes during toilet activity in the morning is more than enough ;)

9. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

Have u guys ever seen the show virtua fighter, it explains the whole story, sorta. No Vanessa or Lei Fei tka or Aoi, it was made based on VF2

10. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

No, and I would really like to! I'm prepared for a cheesy ride, but what the heck, it's VF!

I'm troubled though, as there seem to be no possible solution for getting my hands on it here in Sweden. Does anyone have an episode or perhaps a number of them in DivX or something?

/Mirkan

11. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

Videos 4 u

Well I have most of the series and never watch it. For 15 bucks I could give u 2 videos. Priviate message me and we can talk. I only have 4 of the 5 videos. If u don't trust a 14 and a half yr old u could surf the net, or just use a search engine. I got mine at a store called fye, they are mostly in malls. If u can't find one, I have them here with ur name on um.