1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky a Newbie?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Svevin, Apr 6, 2002.

1. Svevin

Svevin New Member

Hey, I've been browsing around this forum and seeing a lot of anti-jacky posts. In my opinion, vf4 is a realistic (mostly) fighting game and jacky is a very good character because he uses realistic moves. Everyone says he's so simple, but that's the whole greatness about him. JKD is built on simplicity because simplicity works. So please stop complaining about jacky's moves, because they are the most realistic moves in the game IMHO. I don't complain about Akira's wonder palm o' death because its just a game (every game has stupid stuff like that /versus/images/icons/smile.gif haha ). Anyways, just my two cents. Feel free to disagree, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

2. clash103

clash103 Member

I agree that Jacky (and Sarah) is one of the most 'realistic' fighters in the game...but as a newbie myself I can say that he is by far one of the 'cheapest' characters in the game. He is fast and powerful, and quite easy to string together some massive combos. I think it is possible to use Jacky without being cheap...but I think most people here are upset with the button mashing kids who choose Jacky and just button mash their way to victory.

Jacky is all well and good, but just don't button mash and I think most people will be fine with it. That said...I too, am a Jacky player. *Bows head in shame* But for all you naysayers...I STARTED OUT with Akira...so there. And I'm a newbie! /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

3. Svevin

Svevin New Member

Button mashers are a part of life.

I don't understand why people complain about button mashers. The reason they mash is because they don't know how to play well. They are usually very easy to read and counter. People just need to stop flaming on the forums about it and learn how to counter it. I absolutely suck at soul calibre, and I know I button mash in it, but my friend wastes me everytime. Jacky just rocks /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

4. clash103

clash103 Member

Re: Button mashers are a part of life.

I agree...I think most people just need to chill and remember that it's only a game. Jacky is an awesome character...especially good for developing the basics of Virtua Fighter which you can later develop into a character like Akira, Pai or Shun-Di.

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The only ones complaining are newbies. The ones who think Akira is for advanced players are also newbies.

6. LionRafale

LionRafale Member

Wize words,my friend

7. clash103

clash103 Member

<------Newbie.

8. MOMOMOMO

MOMOMOMO Member

i just dont play jacky cause i hate his damn voice...and you cant turn it off without turing off the sound altogether.