1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky Details Correction Thread

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by Chanchai, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

If you notice any information that is a bit off for VFDC's Jacky in VF5FS(A1) data, please note it here so that it can be corrected or tested ^_^

2. Chanchai

On the movelist, Jacky's 8K+G is listed as 0 on Guard. However, in my testing I have found that it depends on which active frames are hitting (as has been discussed) and therefore the range of this attack is important to note.

~ = Approximate Guess

Super Close = 0 advantage.
    ~Low P Range --> Almost Sidekick Range = 1 advantage.
    ~Sidekick Range (maybe a tad further) = 2 advantage.
    While this is not necessarily a "correction" maybe active frame stats can be detailed later. I'm not even sure how I would detail this on the movelist myself, but I thought it was worth bringing to attention.

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    That applies to basically every move that has multiple active frames, so it shouldn't be specifically pointed out.

The frame advantages are given assuming that the first active frame connects with the opponent. The rest can be calculated or tested by yourself.

Jacky has a ton of moves with multiple active frames. Even something like [6][K] has 4 active frames. This means that it can go down to only -12 on block if only the last active frame connects with opponent. Etc

4. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Actually applies to near every move in the game. It happens because the amount of hit or block stun is consistent regardless of what active frame causes the hit or block stun. Even [P] and [2][P] have 2 active frames and with perfect spacing you can make [P] +3 on block. This was also true in Vanilla.

5. Chanchai

I do understand active hit frames beyond the first adding additional adv, and I understand your point in that the rule applies to pretty much all moves that can connect beyond the initial active frame.

I guess I didn't realize all attacks had about 3 active hit frames (or at least I had no idea high punch did).

Just curious I guess about a move like this--but I guess it's preference and would make a mess of the whole movelist. But moves like 8K+G is a move where I think I'd get +1 on guard more often than not.

That said, point taken and again, had no idea high punch had so many active frames.

6. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
    This seemed like an appropriate topic to ask this question...Is there any place with a move list and frame data for Jacky in VF5FS?

The VF5 Guide data lists VF5 version C data and I doubt that was updated.

7. StreamerX

StreamerX Member

Hi Auvii.

Until then nobody has something better ... check this out: Jacky + table frames

8. ajs_

ajs_ Well-Known Member

Uhh, if you go here:

http://virtuafighter.com/commands/index.php

then just select FS version A and Jacky from the pull down menu it has all of the moves and frame data that's known right now. Move properties (high punch vs. high elbow, etc.) are still being worked out.

9. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
    Oh OK, I missed that completely. Thank you!

10. Mr_X

Mr_X Well-Known Member

PSN:
    X_the_Genius
    Jacky's 8K+G is +1 on guard

11. StreamerX

StreamerX Member

[​IMG] ... good to know!