1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky: Final Tuned

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by Myke, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Jacky

His fighting style is a new version

By the weakening of some of his main moves, it might seem that a shadow has been cast over Jacky. However, brush away a little more than this, and you'll unveil some new attacking possibilities.

Adapt to the changes to two of Jacky's main attacks

Although the addition of new moves is certainly something to pay attention to, the changes to existing moves is a lot more important. Let's adapt to the FT style Jacky effectively.

First, the beat knucle ([P]+[K]) no longer knocks down on normal hit, so you have to be careful when using it as a delayed attack, like back dash to beat knucle. If it hits on a failed evade it won't float, and if you connect to [P]+[K][P] it will still be -3. In this case, check the situation and change to [P]+[K][K]. This also leaves disadvantaged, but because of the slide shuffle you don't need to worry about it.

On the other hand, if you avoid the opponent's [2][P] and hit it becomes in a minor counter and you can combo as per before, linking into the beat and backnuckle.

Another important thing is the spin sword ([4][K]+[G]). After hitting at close range, a standing jab won't connect anymore, so use combos from [2][P] instead. If in open stance after hitting, use [2][P] - [9][K]. If closed stance, [2][P] - [3][K]+[G] as basic combos (won't connect on heavy weights).

About the change moves

The dash hammer kick, that can be chosen instead on the step in middle kick ([6][6][K]) can be used in air combos. After launching in closed stance, it can hit opponents who are just off the ground, so it can be used in many places. A good example is [3][3][K] - [4][K][K] - [6][6][K] (against light weights on normal hit, in closed stance).

Captions

- If using the backdash to beat knuckle checking what kind of hit occured is more important than ever.
    - If the spin sword connects at short range in open stance, [2][P] to double dragon should connect.
    - The B2 change move, Toe Kick ([2][K]) can combo from counter. It causes vital area crumple on counter, and can be followed with [1][P][K].

Footnotes

There are a few other changes that should be taken notice of. The punch side kick (reverse stance [P][K]) has its execution slowed on hit, and the stagger has been shortened. Linking from the [P] no longer gives advantages, so force ni-taku. Also, the [4][P][1][P] has had its advantage on hit reduced to 1 frame. Instead, [4][P][P] now knocks down on normal hit.

Source: Arcadia Issue 52
    Translated by: noodalls

2. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    double dragon

[/ QUOTE ]

* giggle *

/versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Cheath

Cheath Member

I hope they make Jacky weaker I think he was a little too overpowerfull

4. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I hope they make Jacky weaker I think he was a little too overpowerfull

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep dreamin' -- he'll always be there to attract noobs, as will Lau. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. Gorbag

Gorbag Active Member

There is no problem with "attracting noobs". For sure new players like characters "easy to play". But even for confirmed players, Jacky stay a good characters wich a personnal way to be offensive.

Gorbag

6. FatalRose

FatalRose Well-Known Member

Not to sure if I like the changes made to Jacky. Sure his new moves look sweet and all, but I don't like the idea of him being weakened, I don't know, I’ll just be optimistic and wait to play the game myself.

7. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

it seems to me that all the characters who were considered strong, have been weakened, and all those considered weak have been strengthened, which makes perfect sense, on the condition that the newly strengthened characters don't become aver powered and the weakened ones don't become too weak.
    i guess it is all part of the refining process, the makers can never please everyone at once. i use Jacky, and i hope they don't screw him up, but on the other hand, i also play Jeff, and i have heard thaqt he has been strengthened somewhat.........

8. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

wth, Jeff strengthened?! Isn't he a power house has it is? Tho I do think jeff needs some move advantages of some kind. As for Jacky, I don't think he's that over powered, it's just the matter of blocking high and low at the right times since he has loads of high to low/low to high moves. I will be somehwat suprised if they weakend his ever popular knee throw.

9. Gorbag

Gorbag Active Member

It's difficult to find out if a character is balanced or not. Virtua fighter is a game with very deep technics, if you lose to a technic you don't know how to counter, it don't necessary mean that there is a balancement problem.

I think lot of people dislike Jacky because when you choise him there is a huge "beginner" writen on it. And people who manage him fine can be pretty expeditive, the conclution is often "a characters for beginners wich is too strong".

Gorbag

10. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

ok, when i said that Jeff has been strengthened, i didn't mean that his moves have been made more powerful, but better. e.g. less counterable, faster, with evading properties........
    and when i said weakened, i didn't mean that the power of the move was taken down, but that he is more counterable, less advantaged on block, less moves guarenteed after blocked moves e.t.c.

as for Jacky being a beginner character, this can be looked at as true, only in the sense that if you mash the buttons, you will pull out a four srting combo, where as with a more "Advanced" character, you would more likely get a two string, or a three string that cannot be changed in any way. this doesn't mean that those "bigginer" labelled characters are not able to be mastered and taken to an "advanced" level.

as for the balance problem, most of the time, the better player will win, but when people of equal skill play (like my brother and I) character inbalances are usually the reason one of us wins (for example, Jacky has the advantage of range and power, Kage has the advantage of being less counterable and having better throws).

11. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

<font color="white">Jacky Bryant </font>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview

Jacky is an almost purely strike based character, and it remains that way in Final Tuned. He has simple commands for floaters and also many different strings, so it’s relatively easy to get up to speed quickly with Jacky. This time, however, since the properties for some of his key moves have been changed, it is now harder to win with just one or two moves. Now more moves require hit checking, thus forcing Jacky players to become more varied in play. You must now be able to determine what kind of hit and what kind of attack to use in different situations and master his new moves and the moves that have been strengthened in order to be effective.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<font color="white">Change Moves</font>

A1 Stepping Middle Kick

[6][6][K]
    This is Jacky’s [6][6][K] from Evo, not only is it hard for the opponent to counter with throw when it is blocked, if you input [4] to stay backturned, it will also decrease the recovery time. The range for this move is really long and causes stagger on hit, however, it’s rather slow in execution.

A2 Dash Hammer Kick

[6][6][K]
    This is Jacky’s old ver C kick. The reach of this kick is shorter than A1, but it compensates with faster execution speed. You must be able to throw escape when using this move because on guard, it is throw guaranteed. The best distance to use this move is about the distance between the two characters when the round starts. If you like big damage combos, this is the move to use since you need this kick for many of the high damage combos.

B1 Fake Elbow Back Knuckle

[2][K] (Before Kick starts) [P][P]
    This is Jacky’s [2][K][P][P] from Evo, it has been changed a bit so the elbow is able to avoid certain high attacks. The second hit now combos on normal hit for a down, so it is clear that this move is now strengthened.

B2 Fake Toe Slant

[2][K] (Before Kick starts) [P]
    Mid kick fake to half circular low attack that is uncounterable on guard, advantage on normal hit, and crumples on counter.

<font color="white">Key Changes</font>

[P][K] (open stance) – The recovery on normal hit is lengthened, and the stagger time is shortened.

[6][K] – Does not flow on small counter. However, it’s a good chance for a nitaku situation between elbow or throw.

[4][4][K] – Damage decreased, and it is now -6 on guard. You can use Jacky’s backturned [P] after being backturned to beat many of the opponent’s counterattacks.

[4][3][P][P][P] – The command is now a bit longer than before, now it’s easier to input this command from a crouching state.

[3][3][K] – Recovery on guard is now elbow class counterable.

[3][K] – The opponent now is not knocked back as far as before on counter hit, making it easier to force a nitaku situation.

[3][K][P][K] – New mid, high, high string from [3][K]. Second hit is guaranteed is the first kick hits, and the third hit is guaranteed if the second hits on counter.

[9][K] – New mid high two hit attack. It is relatively quick and causes a down on hit. Since the move is considered an air attack, you can avoid many low attacks during the execution of this move. This move is elbow counterable on guard.

[4][K]+[G] – Since the recovery on hit for this move is now longer, you can no longer hit a standing [P] to combo.

[P]+[K] – This move no longer floats on normal hit, instead, you will get a stagger as if you hit a crouching opponent.

[4][6][P]+[K] – This move is now only -2 on guard, also the advantage on large counter is now longer, so you can follow up with moves like [3][P]+[K].

(Slide Shuffle) [P] – A very fast high attack that will cause a crumple on any counter, or if you hit an opponent’s recovery, which you can follow with standing [P] combos.

(Slide Shuffle) [2][K][K] – Motion changed.

(Slide Shuffle) [3][3][K] (on hit) -> [P]+[G] - New mid hit throw from ducking. The reach of the kick is rather long and you can hit the throw on any hit.

(Slide Shuffle) [P]+[K] – A long range and easy to use mid attack from slide shuffle. Since this move pushes the opponent back very far, it is a very good move to cause a wall stagger.

[3][P]+[G] – New throw to replace the old one. When this throw is escaped, the disadvantage is small for Jacky, and the opponent is rather far away, so it’s a low risk throw.

[4][P][P] – Now it causes a down on normal hit.

[4][P][1][P] – Now on normal hit, Jacky has less advantage.

Other notes: You can now change your stance before the round starts.

<font color="white">Execution Frames for Key Moves</font>

[P] 12
    [6][P] 14
    [2_][6][P] 15
    [4][K] 15
    [4][6][P]+[K] 15
    [6][6][K] (A2) 15
    [4][4][K] 15
    [3][K] 16
    [P]+[K] 16
    [3][3][K]16
    [6][K] 17
    [4][6][K]+[G] 17
    [2][K] (B2) 18
    [3][P]+[K] 18
    [4][K]+[G] 20

Source: Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned Master Guide

12. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Chopping Left Maniac Combos

After you counter hit with the Smash Upper ([2_][3][P]) to cause a stumble, if you then connect with the Chopping Left ([6][P]+[K]) before they recover, it will float the opponent and allow for some nice air combos.

After [6][P]+[K] floats:

1. [6_][P] - [4][P] - [7][K]+[G]
    Light and Middle weight. Open stance. Max Damage.

2. [6_][P] - [4][P][K]
    Open stance.

3. [6_][P] - [4][P][P]
    Open stance.

Source: Arcadia 54 (Nov 2004)

13. noodalls

noodalls Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Jacky Combo Maniacs
    Orange Mook
    Text - Chakki
    Translation - Noodalls

[3][3][K] or [6][K] medium counter or above
    1. [4][K][K] [6_][P][P][K]
    2. [6][P][P] [7][K]+[G]
    3. [6][P][P] [6_][P][P][K]
    4. [6_][P] [K][P][2][K]
    5. [6_][P] [6_][K] [3][3][K]
    6. [4][K][K] [6][6][K] (A2)
    7. [6][P][P] [6][6][K] (A2)
    8. [4][K][K] [2_][3][P]
    10. [6_][P] [K][K]
    11. [6_][P] [6][P][P][2][K]
    12. [4][P]+[K][P] [7][K]+[G]
    13. [6][P][P][K]
    14. [6_][P] [6][P][K]
    15. [6_][P] [3][K]+[G]
    16. [2][P] [7][K]+[G]

The [3][3][K] and [6][K] combos RELY on stance checking. Of the above listed combos, 3,4,7,8,10,11,13,14 and 15 are from where you are in clsoed stance after floating them, the others are to be used in open stance. And, once you've overcome this, you need to remember the character specific combos.
    As a bare minimum to remember, when [3][3][K] hits on normal hit, on up to middle-weight characters go for 11 and 12. 12 will connect on all characters if the first hit is a counter hit (applies to [6][K] as well). But, after a [6][K] starter against Shun, 11 won't connect so use 10 instead. Also, against heavy wegihts use 15 (14 on counter hit) and 16.
    Then, interms of dividing the usage further, on normal hit starter 9 will connect on up to Kage, 2 is fairly much guaranteed on Aoi and Pai, and gives very decent damage. Against bigs, 4 is very important, on counter only.
    Also, where you use [6][6][K] (A2) as your change move, the best combos change considerably. Up until about Shun of the middle weights, after floating them and being in open stance you can go for 6 or if you're in closed stance go for 7. Divide up 1,2,6,7 and 13 depending on the float height is the best method. Also, if you can input the [6][6][K] (A2) without incurring a 1 frame penalty you'll be able to use it against more characters, so try for being able to do that consistently.

[6][P]+[K] hitting during stagger
    17. [6_][P] [4][P] [7][K]+[G]
    18. [6_][P] [3][K][P][K]
    19. [6_][P] [4][P][K]
    20. [6_][P] [4][P][P]

For the [6][P]+[K] combos, against heavy wegihts you can go into the [6_] moves asap and it will be ok. Against other characters, you have to measure the timing carefully. After that, the basic combo is 19, against heavywegihts in open stance 20. Against light weights 17 will connect. 2 will connect against non heavy weights (with care about the timing) when in open stance, however the damage is no different from 3 (did they mess up the numbers here?)

[P]+[K][P] first hit on minor counter or above
    21. [6_][P] [6][P][K]
    22. [6][P][P][2][K]
    23. [6][P][K]
    24. [4][P]+[K][P][4][P]
    25. [4][K][K]
    26. [6_][P][P][K]
    27. [7][K]+[G]
    28. [9][K]

After [P]+[K][P] floats them, 27 will fairly much connect against all characters in both stances. However, due to being slightly off axis etc. there are many situations where it will whiff, so you are better off remember the foot stance and character specific combos.
    The most important situation is where you are in closed stance after you float them. Up to Lau (or Jacky on counter hit) remember to use combo 22. Against Jacky on a minor counter starter use 23 and use 26 against Akira. Combo 21 will work against Aoi, and Pai with a counter hit starter, and although the damage is about the same as 22 it will allow for easier okizeme. 25 is for against Jeffrey, with a minor counter starter. Against Wolf if you use 1 frame delay it will connect.
    24 and 28 are combos for where you are in open stance after the combo starter. 24 is only on Pai, and the damage is very good. 28 is easy to connect, and the okizeme after that is easy, which is a strong point. Also, for combo 27 you can add a [P] or [2][P], but it reduces the reliability of the combo, so it's not really recommended.

[2][K] (B2) counter hit or [4][3][P][P][P]+[K] maximum charge
    29. [1][P][K]

[4][K]+[G] or SSS [P] minor counter or above
    30. [6_][P] [K][K]
    31. [6_][P] [4][P][P]
    32. [6_][P] [4][P][2][K]
    33. [6_][P] [4][P]+[K][P][K]
    34. [2][P] [6][P][K]
    35. [2][P] [6_][P] [3][K]+[G]
    36. [2][P] [3][K]+[G]
    37. [2][P] [9][K]

With [4][K]+[G], when you're close go for the [2][P] combos, when further away go for [6_][P] combos. When in closed stance after the hit, go for 30 or 37. When in open stance, 33 and 36 are the basics. When against Lion and Wolf in open stance at close range, the [6_][P] is easy to connect, and using SSS[P] generally go for the [6_][P] combos.
    34 and 35 are closed stance combos against light weights. 34 will work on Aoi and Pai and 35 will work on Sarah and Vanessa. 31 and 32 are for hits at maximum range, and in open stance they will work against Brad and Goh.

[4][P][P] second hit counter hit or [2][K][P][P] second hit counter hit
    38. [K][P][2][K]
    39. [6][P][P][K]
    40. [3][K][P][K]
    41. [6][P][P][K]
    42. [6][P][P][2][K]

After getting a head crumple, the basic follow up is 38, or against Shun only from the [4][P][P] 39. For combos from the Heavy body?, the basic one is 41, against Shun in open stance use 42. Combo 40 is used when in open stance, but the damage is about the same as 41.

/versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Fairly free of mistakes, but there were one or two things I didn't get. Referring back to combo 2 and 3 in the [6][P]+[K] may or may not have been a mistake; if it is I don't know what they're trying to refer to.
    The last section mentioned a heavy body move, and there was repetition in the final 5 combos, so I wonder if perhaps they missed out one of the combo starters. I went through the move list quickly, but could find a move called heavy body however.

Thanks to Jerky, I changed a part where it said 30 and 36 (the Orange mook) but it seems to be another error.

14. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

RE: 4K+G combos:

[ QUOTE ]
    When in open stance, 33 and 36 are the basics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it 33 and 37 for open stance? I'm pretty sure. Thanks.

15. J6Commander

J6Commander Well-Known Member

about combo 34:

If elbow is inputted as [6] [6]+[P], this will hit mid weights as well.