1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky is an extremly powerful Character

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Oanray_Kur, Apr 27, 2002.

1. Oanray_Kur

Oanray_Kur New Member

I just started playing with him last night and went all the way to first Dan with no losses. Even now I barly loose, I've only lost 13 games to 35 wins. I know it's early but still, he is extremly powerful with his kick combos.

2. 1018311

1018311 Active Member

jackys alright but u said it yourself bro ur only first dan when u get later on itll become harder. pretty much anyone you start with youll get the impression that theyre good. i started with lion last week and won 33 in a row. i started with sarah last night and won 52 in a row. the thing is if you have a relatively good idea of your characters moves and combos you can waste anyonw whos ranked with a kyuu cause theyre all stupid. and i wouldnt go around hailing jacky cause most hardcore VFers cant stand him. he's a good beginner character but once you get a good feel for the VF enginge you'll want someone better.

3. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

It's not that we hate Jacky because he's a beginner character, it's because he's annoyingly good. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif Check out some videos of ShinZ or Neo-Tower... not boring at all, despite it being Jacky.

4. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

he's a good beginner character but once you get a good feel for the VF enginge you'll want someone better.

I disagree. Jacky has the tools to expand and grow as a player learns more about VF4. There are many things to explore with Jacky (and which only Jacky has) that beginners wouldn't even think about when they first start playing the game. If you don't mind his winey girly voice, you can have a lot of fun with him at expert levels of play.

Pile on Summers and Blonde One... =)

5. 1018311

1018311 Active Member

yeah sorry about that guys i guess that was a kinda one sided opinion i shouldve said that PERSONALLY as i got more used to vf4 i decided to take a stab at other characters. but overall how good someone is all has to do with the way u play with them. also i hope i didnt seem to be bashing jacky cause i am not saying hes a bad character he was the first chara i started playing heavily and i have respect for him. sorry if i gave anyone the wrong impression on my opinion.

6. D34TH

D34TH Member

jacky is extremely predictable.good for beginners though.+++++++++++++

7. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

YUPA!! =) Yes, Jacky Rocks!!! In Kumite you won't learn that much for jacky. He's the most straight up character in the game IMO. Know his frames first. Then use his useful moves. i.e. Beatknuckle combos- B,F+K+G. Acually at a high level Jacky is Awesome. His enire game IMO is surrounded by something a little boring and tedious but still affective =). You'll want to keep his p,p combos rolling all the time. i.e.- p,p+"THROW", p,p+f+p"ELBOW", p,p+b+p"BACKFIST" when the backfist is blocked the add-one kick has to be blocked also. This gives a +3 frame advantage giving you the ability to wield another p,p string. But use shuffle step for spacing and p,p for guessing..........................you'll be alright, for now. =) later.

8. zoomercide

zoomercide Member

I have a Jacky A.I. who is already a 7th DAN rank. He has won numerous battles against Champion and Hero opponents. But he does have some trouble against Kage, Sarah, and sometimes Lau. However, he usually always win against any other Jacky.

9. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

My Jacky AI seems to be stuck at 10th Dan... he seems to unlearn throwing as fast as I can teach him, and has to hope for a beatknuckle or knee to win. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

10. stanj

stanj Member

Re: Jacky is an extremely powerful character

I just wish Jacky had a low throw. A better throw game in general would be great.
    Granted, I'm at Champion level with his meager throws, but you know...