1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky players: Help with a Lion player trying to learn your boy?

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Psyckogod, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Psyckogod

Psyckogod Member

So yesterday I was playing VS with my friend and trying some new chars- I love Lion, but, at least until I get a copy of Evo, it feels like I don't have anything new to learn with him. I play a good mix-up game and I'm always pressing the assault- if I was gonna grade myself, I'd give me a B. Maybe a B-minus, I'm not good with reversals and the like. So I gave Jacky a shot and found him just as much fun to play, but I'm not terribly good with him.

What's some good Jacky-beginner techniques and combos and strats and stuff? I'm interested to hear peoples' tips- if it helps, my friend always plays Shun Di. And he's good.

2. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

For you Jacky:

use [P] and [P],[P](of after [6][P] or [6][P][P]), than throw, use this two,[3][3][P]+[G], or [6][4][P]+[G], this are most powerfull throw of Jack.

If your opp undergraud or from far away use [4][K]+[G], after that, there are a lot choise for combo.( I like use [4][P]+[K],[P],[P],[K] Because this one looks cool, and you don't need to look your foot)
    also this [4][K]+[G],[P],[K],[K] is very useful, use this when the foot is open.

if your opp try to evade, use [4][6][K]+[G], very good move too, (mid and very quick) but look out , before you use that.

And combo
    first evade your opp, than [P]+[K],[P],[7][K]+[G]
    use that with this [P]+[K],[K].

counter with [6][K], or [3][3][K]
    after that do what you want!

You can find more tips in your own VF4evo, training section.

3. Devil7om

Devil7om Well-Known Member

trying to use jacky huh

first thing first learn his poking
    [6][P] is my staple attack
    use[6][P][K] when youre sure it will hill hit, but dont go throwing the kick out at random, youll have the smallest amount of time to judge whether[6][P] hits and when to follow up with a [K]

next is dont discount his highs, especially his [4][P][K]
    this will leave his back turned,which i love.
    His guessing game with his back turned is supreme.
    Use [2][K] for the low,[P][K][G] to[K] for the quick dash to mid kick or my favourite [P][K].

Also be prepared to piss off your opponent. Jackys constant taunting gets alot of plp worked up, which is good, because they lose there structure.Using youre kiss of the dragon, [3][P][K] [P][G]during hit, to finsh off the player really gets your opponent F*&^% off, and its in my opinion the most stylish way to win a round(especially on ring out), but its hard to hit against a half decent player, so use it sparingly.

Nothing much to say about his throws.[3][3][P][G] is good because it can be mixed up with [3][3][K] to start his juggles. I always try to dash by using [3][3] because it leaves me with the oppurtunity to start a major juggle or the chance to use his 2nd highest powered throw.Be prepared to throw escape if the [3][3][K] doesnt connnect.(i know throw escaping isnt a beginner move, but its gotta be done)

Now evading is another great point of jackys game for both his defence and his attack. Defence is the same as any one else, but his attack is useful indeed.

[2][P] to evading attack([P][K][G] while evading) to either a throw(i like [4][6][P][G] or [6][6][P][G]) or his [4][6][K][G]. This kick can also be used as an anti evade attack, but remember the throw escape thing.

[P][K] [P] is a good beat down to juggle starter.Against lightweights use [P][K] [P] [2][P][7][K][G]. I use this attack alot. This can work against middleweights, but for some reason it misses sometimes( i think it may be his foot position or something, if someone knows help would be good).Against lau use can use you can use
    [P][K] [P] [2][P] [2][K][G] [K]
    For another unknown reason this only seems to work against him( again help for why this is would be nice someone)
    Against Heavyweights skip the [2][P] and go straight to the somersault.

Oh and one more thing, try using his [8][K][G] when youre at decent lenght away from them, and when you see them rushing towards you use [7][K][G] to nail them with the flip. I also like to use the flip as soon as i get up to nail those annoying players that throw you when you first get up(even though im one of them)

Hopes this turns you into a YEAHING VF4evo jacky machine.

Also plp out there who have good tatics, strategys or think something in here is crap or whatssnotch then tell me.

4. ValeStyle_Gove

ValeStyle_Gove Well-Known Member

Tom: Big man on campus

5. Devil7om

Devil7om Well-Known Member

Yeah big man on campus normzie
    i know of all the partys on campus
    like the one in my pants.......