1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky Players Unite!!! *Strats*

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Blondie, Mar 23, 2002.

1. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

On guard...plus 4 frames...on a hit..guaranteed throw..quite a good move kekekeke

2. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

it's a weird move though. miss crouching opponent sometimes even though it's a mid.

3. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

It only hits mid when opponent is near.

Sort of works like his SS K...

4. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Hey guys this is something I'm thinking about using more often with Jacky. His Senbon punch! I'm going to apply this for more nastiness with Jacky. oh boy!!

COMMAND: hold forward, p, k, guard cancel. Throw afterwards or continue with punch sequences or elbow. I'm working on a BT senbon chain much like Kage's b+k, senbon, b+k, senbon chain. We'll see if I can do it fast enough. Post results tomorrow. later.

5. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I think this is also where your Tekken "which foot is forward" skills come into play too/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

-Chanchai

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    To get the regular g-cancellable punch kick combo with Jacky, one just needs to hold forward (F+PK) and it doesn't matter which foot is forward either.

Most Jacky users, as far back as VF2, use the F+PKG in their game, so I'm surprised you're (Blonde_one) just discovering it now /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

7. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

VF2 veterans might remember being able to access Jacky's PKG without having to hold forward on the stick by inputing PGG just like you would a normal senbon. I still consider it a shame they removed that.

The reasons for the unique input were because of all the PK stupidness that Jacky had. Punch Kick, Puch side kick, Punch Crescent! Which one are you going to get at this particular moment? Let your opponent decide by having him dash back and forth! fun fun fun!

GE
    "If you asked, most people polled would tell you they were alive. But they are wrong."

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

While we're on the subject of ' good move when it connects'

Jacky's d/f K+G is also another good move when it hits/versus/images/icons/laugh.gif
    only problem is..it hits high..which everyone knows abt it...

But no one seem to mentioned that it's actually used to hit anyone that attempts to evade to Jacky's stomach side. ( I forgot the proper VFDC lingo for it...front or back?)

As long as they try to evade to Jacky's stomach side, d/f K+G is a sure winner~

9. Blondie

Yes myke =), not that I didn't know it was there, but, playing IMF I try not to hold forward too much against his akira if you know what I mean, usually I'm evading or striking...........or just plain using his lunging moves against him by backing out of the way with Shuffle step b+pkg. I do use his kg cancel alot in my movement but never really thought of using his p,kg til now, oh well =). Hey isn't his d/f+k+g mid if its close enough? and high if your farther away? I use it to eat random high jabs from a distance, this move has unreal range and is unbelievably fast, I always used it to make the opponent pay for mindlessly jabbing at me. Anyway I'll try more jacky stuff and keep everyone posted.

I don't think his senbon is necessary to hand it to someone. Just a fast showy way of mixing it up. I'll find uses for it, oh boy!!

10. Blondie

WOW, Jacky's senbon is useful, not to mention good for aggressive offensive play. Me and IMF practiced all day today, too much fun!! My inspiration for Jacky has been revived!! Anyway how bout those Celtics!!

p.s.- stance change "pkg", when hits gives a +8, but unfortunately is not a "FREE" throw. Distance and frames for inputting the command make it difficult to nail someone with a throw. Don't get me wrong though it is a great move for when they are getting up, no matter if it is blocked or it hits, your starting off with an advantage, and thats great. Good luck to all you Jacky Players out there.

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Here's something Jacky players will like.

The fastest iaigeri after a K+G (MC) will beat your opponent's fastest attacks (P or d+P). Note, that it doesn't have to be the iageri, but you'll want the iaigeri for the following combo potential. However, your opponent can still guard, evade or reverse you, so be warned.

By fastest iaigeri I mean you should see no back shuffle slide whatsoever. It should go from K+G immediately into the step forward and iaigeri. You can buffer the 'b' anytime during the K+G, and just time the K as soon as you recover.

Being a high circular attack, the K+G has it uses against evading opponents, instant rising opponents and wherever else you may think the opponent will guard high. And of course, throw in the K+G - d+K+G now and then to keep 'em honest.

The full command is K+G - b - K - G.

12. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I just noticed something..ur avatar...
    left palm, guy has only three fingers!!!!
    Or did the booze get to my head?????
    Or a 3.AM posting syndrome all over again for poor SumCube?

13. Blondie

Got some new stuff for everyone to try. I sat and just beat on a training CPU for a while today, and WOW, did I find some interesting stuff. Keep in mind that all that I'm about to share wasn't "JUST" discovered today, but some of it was.

Here's a juggle for all you showy Jacky Players. Hit the opponent with his Backfist on Counter, and instead of the canned f+p,p,k followup. Bust a shuffle step and hit them with a iageri kick on there way down, it takes 63 damage and looks very nice, mainly cause its an iageri directly in there head, lol.

Back to strats: Now that your seasoned with Jacky's basics lets go to some of what I feel is advanced. As far as ECDing, every character has somewhat of a FC move, these moves are GREAT to use to incorperate an offensive attack during an ECD, i.e. Jacky's FC, d/f+p uppercut. When this hits your opponent might as well say goodbye to almost half there life. Your followup should be f+p,p,k.

Also with the Lenny Manuever or Backdash<ECD after the d/f,d/f input to cancel your evade, go straight to neutral and input pkg for a stance change. Do this repeatedly towards the screen and away from the screen and you've got a pretty intimidating movement. Can someone say "Crazy Legs" =).

Now for Senbon Madness, well I've played with Senbon for a couple of days thought it over and seemed to have found some pretty safe movements and flowcharts to use the senbon efficiently. Jacky's Senbon is quite nasty if done properly. Think of it as another obstacle your opponent must overcome in choosing to either defend or attack. The more of a headache you can create with your movement and tacking on WILD senbon setups the higher your chances are to hit them with unsuspecting throws and counter mid moves and jabs. I find Jacky's Senbon to be best used after a CD backward. See, after an initial flow chart a smart opponent will not get hit and wait for his turn or advantage. Well your job is to end with a flow chart that doesn't give the opponent that much of an advantage, throw in a backward CD while the CD is executing hold forward and bust a "P" this is not just any punch its a longer range punch that gives more frame advantage on hit and also allows you to perform the K,G cancel for the senbon effect. After Senbon I highly recommend either throwing or continuing with a punch sequence. Here are some moves that I use in "SPECIFIC" senbon situations.

Opponents
    Reaction

lp--- after a successful senbon quickly input f+p+k. This move eats Lp's or simply evade. If your good after a successful evade of a lp you'll CD cancel into his FC non-throw counterable uppercut, that does nothing but do good things for you. I actually will repeat this attack two or three times in a row hoping to land a MC.

Ducks--- Easy, throw a mid move, elbow, ff+k, and his nastiest b,f k+g.

Remains standing, i.e. a "SPACE STATION"---- Throw, throw with his most damaging throws, usually its a good idea to throw with f,b p+g. This throw puts your opponent in a face down head away position, and if they rising attack you mid you get a nice sidestep of there rising move. This only works on some characters I think and I am still experimenting. I'll post more another time on good moves to eat rising moves with, with Jacky. My last favorite sense testing was his standing kick,k. This does 58 damage when it interrups a rising attack and is excellent for timings sake =P. Good luck Jacky Players!! Keep it Real!!

14. alucard

Why use f+p,p,k or iaigeri when b+k+g-->pounce is
    guaranteed after an MC backfist? This combo does 88 pts
    damage and it works on everyone.

15. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Why use f+p,p,k or iaigeri when b+k+g-->pounce is
    guaranteed after an MC backfist? This combo does 88 pts
    damage and it works on everyone.

<hr></blockquote>
    i thought u already knew the answer..... STYLE POINTS ^_^

16. alucard

Heh...Style points huh? I don't know but I think there are
    better ways to score style points i.e with substantial
    damage. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

17. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the Jacky info...I really needed it since I decided to start playing him...Hes very strong but for some reason no one in socal uses him???

18. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

"This combo does 88 pts damage and it works on everyone."

I do this combo myself. It is also taught in the training btw.

19. Blondie

As far as California VFers that play Jacky, I'm pretty sure "Segaduck" has a pretty mean Jacky, atleast from what I've seen =). Thanx for the appreciation. I hope to visit the West Coast sometime soon, of course don't hold me to it, I've been really busy lately. Everyone in the West should be saving up for a MONSTER NYC gathering possibly happening in the end of this summer. No excuses =).

20. Blondie

I've been somewhat dorment for the past few weeks, but I've still managed to play alot. Jacky is coming along nicely with a few new additions to my game. Here they are.

When your mixing up p,p, b+p and p,p, elbow. You actually want to keep from doing the elbow. Only use the elbow by itself most of the time. After p,p, elbow is Blocked tack on another punch to get his backfist. I believe if the backfist connects on MC the kick automatically has to be blocked or it hits, still testing. If you only do p,p, elbow your gettin thrown. NOT GOOD.

As far as short shuffle you can immediately get an evade at the end of the shuffle. This comes into play when the opponent starts expecting the shuffle and comes right after you when you do it after one of your sequences that allow for a short shuffle. This allows for the attacker to be faced with a 50/50 guessing between throwing or attacking with a must needed linear move to hit you after the end of the shuffle. Hence, if they throw they can take Iageri in the face on MC or if they attack they get evaded and the priority usually stays in your favor after the evade =). THIS IS GOOD.

Those that like to Lp after your initial low punch can start taking lp<f+p+k. This move eats lp's for some reason and also forces crouch on Mc. you can also tack on another p after the move that has a chance of hitting on MC also with garaunteed f+p,p,k. Be careful though cause it is throw counterable after the second punch is blocked.

Right now I'm getting a lot warmer with the movement and using it to effectively become unhittable =). I'll catch you guys on the flip side.

p.s.- Another thing I've been working on is while most of the time my matches with people have Many intense moments, if the opponent is Staggered and the Opponent plays the percentages and stays ducking to avoid the 60% throw, I have a few options now.

1) Continue to Stagger until it is blocked,2) Do a throw and have it land, or3) get my throw on purpose ducked and evade double throw escape. This takes wicked reflexes but most of the time you'll know its going to get ducked. =). Sorry if these are lame things but I figure I'll take some pride in "JACKY" and let you guys in on what I'm finding out as I continue my Journey to be one of if not the Best in America =). later. lemme know if I should stop. It won't hurt my feelings, I swear.