1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky Players Unite!!! *Strats*

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Blondie, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Harlock

Harlock Member

Thanks Blonde-one. Nice to see another former Tekken player on the boards. Being one of the few Jacky players in SoCal, these strats will help out. =/ To bad no one in my imediate area plays, it is getting boring practicing on the CPU.

One question though, how do you deal with TR opponents on a BT? I do the BT CD part into the oppenent for a BT [2]+[K] on most, or the BT [P]+[K] to hit mid. But when the opponent tech rolls, it seems I am at a disadvantage. Suggestions?

2. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Well BT'd is a good position for Jacky he's got a Great sweep, and a wonderful mid move also. Use them both but for big damage apraoch with either [6][6] or [3_][3_] while BT'd then "G" cancel and THROW. Good luck with your Jacky!! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. Harlock

Harlock Member

The problem I'm having is that the sweep and the mid [P]+[K] from the BT misses the TR opponent.

4. imf

imf Well-Known Member

Just dashing at them BT with [6][6] once should get you close enough in most situations if you aren't already. How exactly are you missing them? Too far away?

hehe, like I play Jacky /versus/images/icons/smirk.gif

5. Harlock

Harlock Member

on the BT, I dash in with [3][3]. If they go to stand I will sweep with a [2][K], or I will try to hit mid with the BT [P]+[K]. When they TR, however, I find that my BT [P]+[K] and my sweep misses.

I am trying to perfect my Okizemi games with Jacky. While I am not technically good with the VF series, the one thing I know is positioning, distance, and dodges. I get that from my Tekken days. My strongest Tekken "foot game" was to keep the opponent on the ground, by making him think he is safe to rise and punishing him when he tries. I am tying to duplicate that with my Jacky play.

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Harlock, you cannot hit them during the TR, if that's what you're trying to do. During the TR they're only vulnerable to Down Attacks, otherwise you have to wait until the TR expires before you can reapply pressure.

The okizeme game isn't quite the same as Tekken's. Read my guide on The System of Instant Recovery to understand the properties of tech rolling and quick rising, if you already haven't.

7. Harlock

Harlock Member

Is it a fluke that Jacky's [4][6][K]+[G] seems to hit a TRer? Or am I hitting durning the first few frames of recovery?

8. imf

imf Well-Known Member

[4][6][K]+[G] seems to be Jacky's best attack when rushing down a TR. At least when Blondie is really coming at me it comes down to that or throw. High risk high reward I guess...[4][6][K]+[G] doesn't do too much damage. I'm not sure about it being guaranteed at all during TR recovery but you can't dodge or reverse it.

I completely understand what it is you're talking about in terms of Okizeme from TTT, being a former player myself. Myke is right, VF is much different. I too tried to get by with spacing, timing, and Okizeme when I started. In VF you really have to get more specific with your Okizeme situations. It's more important to pay attention to your opponents rising habbits than to trick them into rising and back out of range and what not like in TTT. Except for Jacky who can do that with his SS /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif . They are at your mercy once they TR, but you really have to time your attack as soon as the TR recovers. I've found that most of the time it is easier to punish low rising attacks, with Akira at least because all I have to do is [6][6][K][K] when I smell one coming. This makes a good opponent tend not to test his luck low very often. That forces them to use mid rising with greater frequency. If you know they're going to use mid rising there really isn't much need to try and beat it, when you can just block it and take your frame advantage. A lot of the time people don't pay attention to such a small disadvantage or they'll panic because they don't want to be thrown. At that point you get to MC them if they're silly or throw them if they freeze. Either way you have the advantage to attack. One example of a specific situation that I use with Akira is after his dodge attack and small pounce they're left face down head towards. My [6][6][K][K] will beat most mid and low rising attakcs from that position very easily. If my opponent knows this they will be cautious when they rise, if they do not, then I will get some free damage until they figure it out. So basically Okizeme in VF is more character and position specific than it is in TTT. Experiment with Jacky and find what moves work well from your opponents most common wake up positions. And go from there /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

9. Blondie

Hey get that Akira crap out of here /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif . Jacky's main game is in his Okizeme and stagger options. He's so straight up usually that this is the only time you can just out time and fool your opponent. My Okizeme is as followed.

When the opponent is face down, head away you usually get to sidestep there rising attack. Practicing on Akira most of the time, notice that all his rising attackes are linear or semi-circular(you can only evade in one direction up or down). This adds to the arsenal when he's on the ground.

If you want to interrupt the rising attack I suggest you go with k,k. Its easy to time and does 58 damage when it interrupts there rising attack. As far as interrupting rising attacks you must interrupt there rising attack within 3 frames of the rising attack hitting and your move that is doing more damage than the actual rising attack which is I think 21 damage.

As far as TRers /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif , Jacky loves them /versus/images/icons/cool.gif .

Opponent TR's to Standing or standing multi throw escape. You'll want to either throw them with a throw they are not breaking or take your pick as to what move to use. I use f,f+k usually in this case or elbow+[K]. Of course if the opponent is just standing there Throw THEM!!!

Opponent TR's to Standing or to EVADE single or multi throw escape you'll want to hit them with another possible throw they are not breaking or for attacking purposes input [K]+[G] and mixup up between instant Iageri(inputting back during the actual [K]+[G] and hitting [K]<[G] before the shuffle animation starts and after the recovery of the [K]+[G]) and or [2]+[K]+[G] for sweep. This is a good mixup when you get the hang of the instant Iageri /versus/images/icons/wink.gif . Or simply hit them with a [4][6][K]+[G] for simplicity with moderate damage.

Opponent TR's to ducking or attacking after TRing. Force them on the ground again with a elbow<[K]. Keep in mind there's just one elbow but more than one hit animation. When the opponent is standing you want to actually tack on the garuanteed kick after the elbow to ground them. If they are ducking you'll want to pressure more cause they'll be getting heavy staggered. Either throw or elbow again but keep the pressure on them cause they may try to evade if given the space. Most of the time people will( and should) do everything they can to get out of a throw, if you know this then by the time they actually stop getting hit it will (and should) have taken as much as a throw would've by you punishing them /versus/images/icons/wink.gif .

Throw alot!! Throws execute at 8 frames and do on average 50-60 damage. A regular attack could never even come close to this. Always be watchful for opportunities to throw. Jacky depends on them, don't let him down /versus/images/icons/cool.gif . later.

P.S.- TTT was the bomb but now that I've converted "I can't go back", But still play for fun, Harlock you should come to O-town. We'd love to have ya. Later.

10. Trashcan

Trashcan Member

Here are some of my tricks

[6][6][K] is very good to stop those guys a tad too much on the offensive. Has good range, kickass priority, hits hard, and is out fast. -10 on guard, so it's a bit risky though. Don't overuse.

A lot of people now expect a [K] when you do a shuffle step. So, usually, they crouch and block. I tend to use [3][3][P] a lot more often now, and you can follow up with [6][P],[P],[2][K] for a nifty crumble combo.

A nice, bastard move I learned from the trial training mode. Back dash after [1][P]. Usually, since even on hit your opponent has the advantage, they will try to counter with a quick move like a elbow or a low punch. By back dashing, you get a free opportunity to throw a [P]+[K],[P],[K] right up the head of your opponent. After that you'll be able to land [1][P] easily, your opponent will simply block after it, expecting a beating if they counterattack. You can then continue with [2][K]+[G], [K]+[G] to make him say things his mommy didn't teach him. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Follow-ups to Shufflestep kick.

SSK = [4][P]+[K]+[G],[K],[G](on the "Yeah!")

Just one word of advice. Be evil. And train to get the [G] at the right time.

SSK, [6][P], then... NOTHING! Your opponent will go "huh?", land a grab or go with a [1][P] serie. You may even do another shuffle step, but go with [3][3][P] while he tries to duck your SSK that isn't a SSK. Evil.

SSK while the opponent is doing a somersault kick is sooo fun. He misses you, then bam. Though some juggles would do more damage, this is pretty funny.

SSK+[3_][K],[K]. Will avoid crouching, and the long range of the [3_][K],[K] will hit your opponent if the SSK lands.

Some talk about [4][6][K]+[G] being a good anti techroller. For those that still have some troubles with timing, [K]+[G],[2][K]+[G] will hit on TRers, and since it's much longer, and 2 hits, you have more chances of hitting. Don't do that against a pro though.

Learn the moves that you can use [4] after using them to go on a "come on!"less shuffle step motion. Very useful if you get blocked, will often annulate the advantage your opponent has on you.

[2_][K] is good. [2_][K],[K] is BAD. Especially against the computer.

[2][K]+[G],[K]+[G] is good if the first hit lands. Delay your attack a bit. If the guy is crouching and blocking, with the second kick being high, you're bound to buy some serious damage.

[P]+[K],[P],[K] is your bread and butter. Use everytime you can. [K],[P],[K] is a good alternative.

[6][4][P]+[G] is Jacky's best grab. Learn to buffer the [6][4] motion while you guard to be able to do it fast.

And, the most important advide, experiment. Stuff you find on a forum is only as good as it gets, practicing and trying stuff is the best way to find some grat strats.

(Man, it sounded like a newbie guide).

11. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    A lot of people now expect a when you do a shuffle step. So, usually, they crouch and block. I tend to use a lot more often now, and you can follow up with ,, for a nifty crumble combo.

[/ QUOTE ]

A much better option is to do a knee after the SS punch, allow them to TR..then either elbow or sidekick them, causing a back stagger..which u can then follow up with beatknuckle combos for damaging results.

A nice, bastard move I learned from the trial training mode. Back dash after . Usually, since even on hit your opponent has the advantage, they will try to counter with a quick move like a elbow or a low punch. By back dashing, you get a free opportunity to throw a +,, right up the head of your opponent. After that you'll be able to land easily, your opponent will simply block after it, expecting a beating if they counterattack. You can then continue with +, + to make him say things his mommy didn't teach him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the [K]+[G] [2_] [K]+[G] is at its best during a closed stance. Opponents will not be able to guard low if they guarded the first high [K]+[G]

U are correct on the point where back CD after a [1_][P] is a good option. However...just bear in mind which character your opponent might be using against you.

Beatkunckle after the [1_][P] might not be a very good answer..esp since it is slower..and to top it off...Jacky is in a disadvantaged stage after the [1_][P].

From this stage..it becomes a 50/50 situation for both parties...either u continue with the low sweep..or back CD away...ur opponent will be assessing the risk on his side as well...pretty much a risk vs reward scenario that can go either way.

SSK, , then... NOTHING! Your opponent will go "huh?", land a grab or go with a serie. You may even do another shuffle step, but go with while he tries to duck your SSK that isn't a SSK. Evil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of coz..this flow chart works on those opponents with SLOW reactions. Once in a while..it can indeed stun opponents who might expect u to do something else. Enjoy it while it works. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif God knows I love doing it too from time to time /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

SSK+,. Will avoid crouching, and the long range of the , will hit your opponent if the SSK lands

[/ QUOTE ]

Again..not that great since the iaigeri can be struggled out of. I suppose...u should have considered how to use the [3_][K][K] move in this sort of situation as well. What happens if it is guarded?

[3_][K][K] is good to an extend because if the first K is guarded...u can play a nitaku game with the follow up. How it ends up is dependant on the quality of the opponent.

Some talk about + being a good anti techroller. For those that still have some troubles with timing, +,+ will hit on TRers, and since it's much longer, and 2 hits, you have more chances of hitting. Don't do that against a pro though

[/ QUOTE ]

[4][6][K][G] is a good move indeed..fast n cannot be evaded or reversed. The timing to hit TRers is not that hard at all. But the problems comes into play once it Mcs a TRer. Jacky is at a really bad bad disadvantaged position. Opponents like wolf , Sarah n Akira can instantly QR n do catch throws on Jacky-->still buzy swinging his ass.

[K][G][2][K][G] is a colorful follow up...but proper conditioning must be met....n of coz..must make sure it is closed stance as well.

Learn the moves that you can use after using them to go on a "come on!"less shuffle step motion. Very useful if you get blocked, will often annulate the advantage your opponent has on you

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that great...opponents like Akira can instantly double palm u or throw u as soon as u hop backwards.

[6][4]+[P][G] is Jacky's best grab. Learn to buffer the motion while you guard to be able to do it fast

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed it is his best throw...and herein lies the problem...next to TFT, Jacky's triphammer throw is most often seen...it is better to alternate with his other throws as well rather than depending on just the triphammer.

There's a lot of talk in Jacky threads...mainly focusing on how to attack with Jacky etc etc etc...

One area that's hardly brought up is defensive work.
    Despite what some here might be leading readers to believe...if u wanna win well with Jacky...you better be able to do em evade throw escape guard..double throw escape guard well, know how to play the nitaku game well..learn to spot ur chances and more importantly, learn to recognise when it is ur chance to attack and when it is ur turn to DEFEND.

U'll find that the true strength of a strong Jacky player lies not only inJacky's moves(once again, very badly misrepresented on this particular board)...rather, it is a good mix of attacking skills partnered with extremely good defensive skills.

That is why Jacky is such a hard nut to crack and very satisfying to play against.

No such thing as an easy victory in this game.
    Unless u're playing against someone who happens to be way weaker than u.

12. Blondie

I agree with you summers there's a lot of talk about attacking but what about Defense. Well, Defense will come in time, especailly as you play more "People". Jacky is a "HORSE" defensively, a defensive Jacky will not lose to just anyone. I suggest working on your attacks and perfecting your attacking strategy and then to practice defense play kumite, and never attack. Only using Jacky's throws and evade move. Try not to get hit by attacks and throws. A controlled Fuzzy guard is a way of life at High levels. Practice it. Also in the training go through the throw breaking sessions on the training at least twice a day. You must OS to stay alive with Jacky. Especially against Akira's /versus/images/icons/wink.gif . later.