1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky Players

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by Crimson, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Crimson

Crimson Member

Any Jacky players? This is just a topic for Jacky players to hang out, chat, discuss strategy, explain why you use Jacky, and anything else you want to say. Please be nice to me as I've apologized and I'm typing normally with a jammed caps lock. If this topic gets moved/deleted, please PM me, somebody. Anyway, I use Jacky because he reminded me of Saeki from Fighter Destiny 2 on the N64. I grew up with that game. Also, I love kicks. Let the fun begin!

2. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

Is there any good time to use [2][P]+[K], [K][K][K][K]?

I mean, I suppose if they're on the wall and you manage to get a launch up...But is there any other practical use for it and its punching counterpart?

3. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

i would say no, although i think if you stop at the 2nd or 3rd kick it's not bad or anything

4. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    vanity said:

i would say no, although i think if you stop at the 2nd or 3rd kick it's not bad or anything

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say they're all bad. All the kicks are throw counterable on hit and even worse on guard (just the last one knocks down on hit). Almost all can be evaded to any side (4th one to one side). The retarded "guessing game" based on doing 1-4 kicks isn't worth shit.

The [1][P]+[K]([K]) is safe on both guard and regular hit, but useless. The 5th high/low can easily be evaded (if they didn't evade earlier).

Do you people ever read movelists?

5. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Players often use 2p+k 1st-3rd hit for end of the round counter hits. It is a 12 frame mid after all. Despite being punishable and not delayable, it doesn't get punished much. This is because the huge frame advantage the opponent gets is caused by the tiny amount of blockstun, rather than the long recovery of the move itself (like most counterable attacks). This makes it hard to react fast enough to actually get your guaranteed punisher.

6. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Get the guaranteed punisher - sure, but I'd be more scared of a dodge. I didn't think about the end of the round, but still, my comment about reading the movelists stands... If people paid some attention just to exe and advantage columns, it'd save a ton of stupid questions.

7. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I feel Jacky is at his best if people focus on punches first and kicks second. His kicks leave him too open if they are missed or blocked. if the enemy can catch the kicks like Akira, Pai, Aoi, Vanessa, and Wolf it will only make things worse for the Jacky players. I have played plenty of good vs Jacky matches and the ones that are the hardest for me are when he is patient and uses the punches and throws to set up his kicks so people don't expect them as often. Those that focus on kicks when I play them are more likely to lose against me and that is just my opinion, if you feel you can win with his kicks go on ahead and try. I have have many horror stories here in this group on how people can't beat top tier players with Jacky because they always avoid the kicks he does.

8. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

yeah, end of round move~ since the end of round is pretty much about "the finishing poke"~,

if the opponent tries a gamble like low K, you can just punish with d+p+k~, or like dandy_J said, go for a counter hit since the opponent is more likely to be jabbing low P alot to win the round.

ehh what can i say~ there's safe pokes and there's gamble pokes~ which low K falls into that catagory~

9. Xt0rTi0N

Xt0rTi0N Member

I agree with shadowmaster, never do the kicks first, most of the jacky players i go against know that he has them powerful so keep on trying to hit with middle followed by low simple kicks,leaving punching only to finish combos, what i usually do is a sequence of [P][P][P][K][2_][K],and then back off with the [4][4][G]+[P]+[K]
    Also I always try to break down my opponent's guard with the sequence of the roundhouse kick which follows with the low roundhouse kick cause usually they never get time to switch guard