1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky: Setups, Traps, Mixups

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by StreamerX, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Beat knuckle is the same speed, and requires a counter hit to float. At 16 frames, and with such massive range, it's a good move to use as a 'backdash > launcher' tactic, or to catch your opponent out of a failed evade, since 6K is rather short-ranged compared to most people's floats, and at -10, it is safe if you can hit-check, and since you have the canned follow-ups, your opponent might be deterred from attacking. The kick follow-up is full-circular and special high, so it'll hit evaders and 2pers, and also gives you the option to back slide shuffle - particularly good if the kick side-turns your opponent.

2. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

[1][K]+[G] near a wall can cause a small stagger in which you can then land [6][P]+[K] for free into [3][K]+[G] -> (insert your favorite wall combo)

3. Jacky22

Jacky22 Active Member

This works because of lag, the 2K is almost impossible to block on reaction, Jackys other Strings 4[K][K][K][K] or [K][P][P][P][K] work because many players always low punch or duck after they got hit by 2 Hits, or after 2 Hits blocked. I don't know why, but it seems to be the golden rule in Ranked, duck/low punch after 2 Hits.:rolleyes:

4P is great, the follow ups are not, and good players know this, i learned the lesson the hard way while fighting some Tigerclaw from Korea, all you need to do is crouch block, and you are safe from the following [P],[K],2[P],2[K], if your [K] is ducked, you will eat a free Backthrow too.
    However, if 4[P] is blocked, you are only at-1 disatvantage, so time for an elbow now and then vs. crouchers;)

4. ZBEP

ZBEP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ZBEP
    Just found out that in the CH [P][+][K][P] > [P][P][K][4][3][3][P] combo the last hit is inescapable if the enemy recovers in place. That probably works only on in place ukemi, since the opponent turns while recovering to the side, but it still can be guaranteed, though it requires very specific timing, but even if you miss slightly, the opponent can only block it to escape the hit.

5. Superspacehero

Superspacehero Well-Known Member

edit

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  6. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

now ur a pro with Jacky SMH!!

MarlyJay and Sozos like this.
  7. Superspacehero

Ive been watching countless japanese pro matches with jack players, and played over 10 000 online matches and summarized some of the most commons setups that they use, I removed my post however.

8. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    why you removed it? dont be shy and share with us the secret of success. :p

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  9. Superspacehero

Well my post obviously got bashed. But there is a lot of meaning to all my setups which i didnt write, and may have sounded noobish to just write down all the setups without explanations.

For instance, the best counter strategy for a jacky who do 6p, is to do 2p after blocking 6p. This 2p will interreupt 6p, throw or 6pp.

However the jacky who does 6p, can if he anticipate that do 6p,2k+g where 2k+g is special low or back dash and p+k fpr counter, which leads to a combo that does about 80 damage.

In the meantime, the best thing a jacky who do 6p to do is to buffer 2p after pressing 6p. This will counter hit a good player that tries to 2p jacky who dont buffer.

I didnt write the meaning behind all setups. But trust me, those setups were some proshit.

10. Darksoul173

Darksoul173 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    And that why we leave the door slightly open in Passover

Sozos likes this.
  11. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    When you say a move(i.e. 6P) it is customary to say what that move is doing. Block hit or counter hit (CH). These all change the response unless the move in question leaves you in a very similar position for all 3 outcomes. If you write a post again like the one you editied, please include this information for each situation. ;)

Sozos and Tricky like this.
  12. Superspacehero

I see, im farily new to contributing information and the common sense that are applied. Ive mostly been reading stuff instead ^^

13. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    You were absolutely right in everything you wrote, despite if it were clear or not. Jacky's whiff punishing is definitely the best out of the whole roster, which allows Jacky to make even more choices to an opponent trying to deal with his spacing.

14. Superspacehero

Not sure if i understood you,You mean 66k+g, and 4k+g as whiff punishers? What do you mean with "dealing with spacing", moving forward slowly? which you can use against him by starting an offense, or throw?

15. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Spacing mean playing distance games. I guess Cozby means Jacky has a bit more leeway in those since whiffing against him can mean half life gone. Though personally I disagree with Jacky having the best whiff punishing out of the roster.

16. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Any preferred or optimum setups you guys like to do off of Pak Sao? At +10 I feel like I'm not being creative enough even though the opponent is left far away.

(Side note, not having to hit [P] during it is still trippy to me. Kind of miss it ; ; )

17. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I don't have a specific followups for it, since I rarely connect with Pak Sao intentionally. A mixup involving 1K+G and some suitable mid (maybe dash 3P+K!P+G) would probably be good.

KrsJin likes this.
  18. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    what i do is 661p+kp/6p really fast to beat all attack options and stay safe from my opponent evade punishing. < This happened when i used 66K+G . To beat all def options(including backdash i dash foward and use 1K+G or 46K+G.

KrsJin likes this.