Jacky shuffle step

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by alantan, Nov 2, 2001.

1. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

I am getting confused by Jacky's new move. I never played Jacky but I am wondering how the shuffle step works. If I aniticipate it, what is the best response? What are Jacky's options and what are mine??

2. JunesOne

JunesOne Member

jacky shuffles back(b+pkg) to the point where u can't really touch him, lifts a leg..however you can get him before or just as he goes into the shuffle step if say he executes a move like k+g~b(shufflestep);p+k,k~b, for i believe he doesn't go back as far as he would with b+pkg. It could be a bit dangerous trying to counter coz you could whiff like many do trying to chase jacky.
    jacky's options in shuffle step:
    df,df+p: a crouchdashing gutpunch which can be delayed...good move..u can just go into a deep crouch dash if u want and maybe go into FC,df+p(good move imo)
    k:mid side kick that staggers can be guard cancelled....if blocked it's not throw counterable. Also using the shuffle step in okizeme with this kick being guard cancelled evades a rising lowkick..then maybe an elbow to followup etc..whatever...vanessa can do this aswell with her bb+k+g,g , then u can get a lowthrow when the rising low kick whiffs.
    d+k,K: if the first hits the second will, best used when you've shuffled back and evaded someone's attack. lightweights also get hit by the first low kick say in p+k,k~b,d+k..haven't tried using it in juggles..
    anyways..ciao

3. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

Are you certain his SS k hits mid? I think I've evaded it
    by crouching before, but I'm not sure.

4. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

ya that is the point. After blocking some moves, I should hvae initiative but the shuffle step takes away my chance to counter.

How is the recovery time for the shuffle step? Can I run in and throw? The shuffle step reverses hp/mp right?

how about lowbackfist? After a normal lowbackfist hit, Jacky do not have initiative right?

The clips I have seen of Jacky do not use much of the shuffle step. mmm... maybe it is not that useful...

5. jackybrothas

jackybrothas Well-Known Member

you can crouch dash forward right after the shuffle step

6. alucard

I'm 100% sure now, Jacky's SS k hits high, not mid. Btw,
    its actually possible to G cancel this move after
    hit-judgement has occured(iaigeri?).

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

re: shuffle step iaigeri?
    Do you have to hold forward like in VF2?

Hmm...

8. alucard

No, you don't have to hold forward, you just have to cancel
    it at the precise moment(k hits opponent). I'm guessing
    that since Jacky's SS K causes a strugglable stagger, it
    might be possible to follow up with a dash hammer or
    something if the SS K is cancelled as soon as it hits.

9. JunesOne

JunesOne Member

ah it's mid..

10. alucard

OK, I tried it again today. Its mid, but its got a very poor hit-judgement vs crouching opponents.

11. alucard

Tried the SS K iaigeri again today, it works, but the timing is a little tricky. You can link this move with a knee or something because your opponent will not be able to struggle out of the SS K stagger in time, it does about 45-50% damage. Its quite cool really.

12. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

Jacky's b+PKG, then K, then G immediately after the animation shows the K being executed is really useful. You can get successful and damaging combos after the K is guard-cancelled after execution to prevent stun time.

13. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

The trouble is coming up with combos that are damaging enough to make use of b+pkg, k guard cancel.

14. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

If the hit is guaranteed or has a high probability of hitting, why not? Seems better than his other options after the shuffle step.

15. alucard

I think the follow up attack is guaranteed if you do an
    iaigeri, its not if its a "normal" kick(recovery too long).
    Comboing it with knee, p, p, knee and it does about 45%
    damage.
    And oh, Kage's p, p, helix is a true combo, the k after the
    helix is not guaranteed though.