1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky: Video and Match Discussion

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by Chibiaya, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    Surprised there isnt a thread here for videos. So Ill just make one

2. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez

some matches with my friend rok from a few days ago. i know i need work (lots)

3. MegaMaN85

MegaMaN85 Well-Known Member

It's watching vids like these that make me feel like crying at times because I know I'm nothing in comparison but at the same drives me to keep going as I would like to see myself eventually be like!

As for you're fights dude they weren't that bad if anything I think you're a pretty decent player! even learned a couple of new things watching you.

Keep it up my friend! =)

4. Dragonps

Dragonps Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
  5. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
  6. bockzcar

bockzcar New Member

Tokido plays Jacky!? I never knew. Jaxel just finished putting up all the Evo matches, but I figured I'd get all this Tokido Jacky footage in here for future reference

7. KowtowRobinson

KowtowRobinson Well-Known Member

Last vid posted twice, are we that excited about it? lol

I didn't know you could get a dash up 2p off Jacky's 6p,k string if they fail to tech, ranked match here I come lolololol

8. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
    I have a lot of trouble facing Jean. Disregarding Thief's skills here, is this a problem other Jacky players face?

9. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    I have a hard time with jean myself. I dunno what it is but I just have a really rough time against that character. I'm gonna have to do some digging and research for this matchup

10. bockzcar

bockzcar New Member

Haha, so much Jacky tech it blew my minddddddddd (it was listed twice in Jaxel's utub page so I thought it was two different ones :p)

As for the GentlemanThief v Tokido match, it just seems like GT has a much deeper understanding of the game than Tokido. Also I love that Shidosha calls Jacky the most annoying pain-in-the-ass character, dude just can't handle the YEAAAAAAH!

11. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Some interesting use of Jackys [P] [4] [K] move in that match. Always been a bit hesitant to use it since you're left on minus on normal hit.

12. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    It is a good move, I mean it can do many things. My favorite thing is to force people to stop ducking backturned mixups. It is a strong move if used correctly

13. StreamerX

StreamerX Member

Hello.

Can someone give me some tipps or better links for some highlevel jacky match videos? I found some on youtube or here in threads, but not mutch. It's no problem to find many vids for "version A" ... but I'am looking for strong Jackys played in the acual gameversion. Tx for your help [​IMG]

14. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    There is no "best jacky" each player has a different style of the character. Though anaguma is my favorate for sure.

Twitch.tv/ayaimmortal my stream channel. I stream everyday so check me out sometime. I am a jacky main looking to improve my game so pop through!

StreamerX likes this.
  15. StreamerX

StreamerX Member

Yes I've seen ... very intresting setups you try. --> Some question. Do you have good conection to people in europe? It would be great to have some matches with some highlevel-players like you, but I can't find some in moment to fight online here from switzerland :/ If there is someone ... pls invite me to your friendslist (SRY for offtopic)

16. StreamerX

StreamerX Member

Call me a VF-rookie but I'am not sure to understand you right, to agree with you:

Style back and forth ... highlevel means for me experienced players they know what they do and not try to have luck or mash up senseless. They understand the gamesystem in it's deepness, they know improved movement and perfect spacing, play save and varried, "are in the head of the opponent" (mindgame) and set "traps", spring the most damage in every situation (combos/move-selection), not to forget the whole punishing-story and so on. (all these things I need to train ^^)

Is it not possible to say, a skilled player adjust his "style" to the opponents gameplay (abilities/character-advantages)?

17. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
  18. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

You can usually tell the caliber of player by the way they react and adjust in later rounds:

- Are they still prone to the same sequence of attacks?
    - Do they seem like they're "fishing" with attacks as opposed to making solid guesses?
    - Are they apprehensive?

If you're able to spot these things mid game than you've got a good feel for the game yourself let alone for the other player imo.

I for instance (in FS) lack matchup experience at this so I'll get hit with character strings/setups, (o_O) but my experience makes up for it overall in later rounds if my opponent tries to abuse the same sequences. It's a crutch, but unless you put in time (sadly I haven't yet) you're suspect to abuse and your own ignorance.

Chanchai likes this.
  19. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    I havent been able to play you in FS yet. I need to get my ass handed to me by you lol. I know you arent on alot but we are gonna have to set up some time to play at some point.

20. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez