1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

"Jacky VS Akira"

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Blondie, Mar 25, 2002.

1. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Alright, while I see jacky being top tier in most foreign tournaments I know he's got what it takes to beat Akira. Just a few things are bothering me. Akira's ff+p. Its mad fast, counters or ducks high, great range, and is virtually unpunishable. What can Jacky do? I'm not a waiter so after blocking the move I have to wait and see what akira does after the elbow. Here it is really. Let me lay it down.

elbow<evade move, is a positive thing cause I can punish it with either punch or throw. Bad thing is I have to wait for it.

elbow<low jab, sure thats great I can evade it easily "BUT" now its turned into 50/50. If I evade and akira evades his evade ROCKS mine. And also a throw beats my evade. Jacky's evade move is slower or weaker, one of the two.

elbow<throw, sure no prob, I can OS. But If I OS, one akira's evade move hits and two, low jab is on MC. Now if I was really good which keep in mind, I will be. I could OS and also evade without any problems. But I'm not to that level yet. Even then Akira's elbow<Evade move beats me. this gets a big WTF!! I got a disgrace item over this shit. What can Jacky do? sigh.

i mean really, if this is how it goes then "I'm screwed". in tekken when an opponent techrolls the other opponent gets a 50/50 mixup to try on him. Well the way I see it Everytime akira does his elbow, He gets a three way 50/50. There really is more chance of him beating Jacky's retaliation no matter what Jacky does.

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

If you block Akira's DE, you are +3. An elbow right after will beat practically anything Akira tries to follow with, barring an evade. So it's really a nitaku situation in your favor, elbow or throw.

3. ken

ken Well-Known Member

You have the first guess not him.

If you're afraid of his low punch or dodge attack, then maybe you should do a dodge attack.

You can delay the "P+K+G" until you see that the Akira attempts to attack for a MC.

Akira has very little circular attacks. All his options are linear. Given your +3 advantage you can attack first to avoid a throw should he choose to throw you out of your dodge.

If you get a MC you have a lot of advantage and you can elbow or throw again.

So a dodge attack is also a good option after the elbow. This a generic option for most/all characters not only Jacky. Note you will be throw counterable if your dodge attack is blocked. So MTE or delay the attack until you are sure it will connect.

4. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Thank you guys for the responses. While I understand the +3 frame advantage after block, jacky's elbow can be evaded in one direction. It still forces us to collide into a 50/50 situation. There's just no "One" way to keep from taking something after this elbow.

Jacky's Elbow- Evadable but yet I could throw to stop his evade, but if I throw then he can interrupt with either another DE or evade move or low poke. All on MC.

Jacky's Evade- honestly I think Akira's Evade move beats mine even with a +3 advantage. My best option overall is to evade to akira's backside and OS forward throw and d/f throw. That is what I'm sticking with I guess.

Thanks again for the replies.

5. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

Im no expert but, why dont u dodge the DE, and go for a throw?
    Blonde_One ive played ur Jacky and its insane =) maybe u were having some bad gamez /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

6. imf

imf Well-Known Member

It was the SDE and I was doing the completely unstopable, totally unfair, super secret kind that I learned from the back of a Korean cereal box. So don't bother trying to counter me :p