1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky vs.......

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by KowtowRobinson, Nov 4, 2007.

1. KowtowRobinson

KowtowRobinson Well-Known Member

Post up advice for specific matchups, or ask questions about specific matchups.

Right now having the most trouble with Eileen and Brad, still trying to figure out what strings to punish, where to dodge highs, step, etc.

2. kagehisANO

kagehisANO Member

Oh.. I'm having a lot of trouble with those 2 as well, especially Brad.

3. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Here are some general tips.

Both have fairly safe stuff to use, versus Brad you need to know when to low punch to stop his nonsense and you also need to know when NOT to low punch such as when he does delayed 2 hit series, his frame adv. mid kick from slipping, when he is clearly baiting for it with ducking sabaki.

To be honest I don't think any brads are that advanced but thats the general good advice versus him.

Whenever he does his ducking /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (he ducks and does an elbow then uppercut) if you block it he can be thrown, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif'd elbowed, etc.

Whenever you block a sweep same thing, he's really punishable, as well as his leaping knee launcher, his mid circular, and his double uppercut.

Eileen can be a bit more troublesome since she has a lot of stuff that really isn't punishable but can lead to big damage.

She can always cancel into her 6 way series as long as her attacks connect in any form. Therefore she is only really vunerable if she does a high risk attack and gets blocked or you evade her. You should really practice evading on reaction against Eileen cause it REALLY pays off in that match up as most of the time if she is evaded she's fucked.

Good moves vs. both of them are /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, low jab and elbow vs. Brad, mid kicks vs. Eileen.

Another thing is Eileen and Brad use a lot of high and mid punches. If you really are being pressured and online is killing you try using neutral inashi to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif follow up. Chances are they won't tech and even if they do they'll be off your back and you'll be at least at mid/long range were Jacky is far superior to them.

4. KowtowRobinson

yeah stepping brad has proved not so effective, I'll have to work on when to step eileen's strings though. Really could use a record feature in practice mode for that, oh well.

5. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

from my experience Unsanfe_Dan is totally right eileen if fuCkEd if she get evaded because she can't cancel into anything. Also if you keep your distance from her she's in her worst possible situation. She's a close range fighter so if you're mid distance or greater and you stay that way all match you'll really frustrate her due to her long range moves sucking hard.

6. CoreyFearless

CoreyFearless Member

I noticed the average Brad player keeps trying to force his launcher into that long juggle that ends with the knees, so I just step when it's predicatable. For Eileen, I just punch parry, and Offense step her little annoying flip. What about Lion though!? He's really annoying/gay?/lame. I know to watch for the double low kicks, but he waves his hands all over the place I sometimes don't know what to do.

7. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

One the cool things that I like about playing Lion is that though he is a tricky mofo he has very weak punishment skills, sometimes it's worth it to go for risky moves like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and high angle kick.

Lion and Jacky both also have equally strong mid range games (Lion has a slightly better long range game but most Lion players won't use it liberally cause you can bait them for punish). So it's going to be big fight for positioning until either the Jacky player corners the Lion player or the Lion player starts confusing the hell out of the Jacky player.

Lion is also susceptible to inashi but imo this match up is one where it is worth it to go after risky moves. Lion can't do a lot of damage usually and can't punish for much either. A high angle kick or an MC set up to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif can put Lion in a hole that's gonna be hard to come back from.

8. CoreyFearless

CoreyFearless Member

I appreciate the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif tip Dan, I used to only use it on tech rollers. I still hate Lion though, he's corny. Not fight intro corny, just straight up corny.

9. JackyB

JackyB Well-Known Member

I'm having probs with Lau and Vanessa..

10. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Can you give me more information than that? Cause I don't really know what's the problem.....

11. JackyB

JackyB Well-Known Member

Mostly..Vanessa...one match comes to mind..I was knocked down and as i got up the player kept doing that kick were she dips in and then lunge kicks just as I got up...three times in a row, for the Ko..I then noticed the another Vanessa user was trying to do the same thing to me...(All XB live matches)

As for Lau..just in genral..his throw game is killing me...when I beat his punch rush..it seems i never get a chance to breath as the throw will come right after or more pucnhes and the low sweep kick..should I Dm or Om..or punch?

12. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Well you probably need to stop doing the wake up kick which is why you get hit by Vanessa's lunge kick. They are probably doing it to beat your wake up kick. Try tech rolling now and then and just rolling and getting up in place and Guard.

For Lau if he his punch rushing you, you need to crush him. Use Jacky's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, or Inashi (nuetral parry) to stuff his offense and start your own. If he is some how throwing you after the punch string you need to either attack back or crouching guard to make it whiff (which will also stop the sweep). Gotta punish the old man sometimes.

13. JackyB

JackyB Well-Known Member

I feel you..and something that is nagging.. what is side shuffle slide? The only two commands I can't do are:

Side shuffle slide : p and pp
    I lost on what it is...it's not /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is it? thats silde shuffle

14. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Side Slide Shuffle is /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

Slide Shuffle is /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

15. KowtowRobinson

Side Slide Shuffle can only be done out of certain strings, wheras Slide Shuffle can be done at any time.

Vanessa's 2 moves that are being whored out big time online are that step back kick that crumple stuns you, and that big spinning roundhouse that staggers you on guard. The first can be stepped to one side? Maybe both? It's not punishable, in any case. And the second is high, get used to seeing it on reaction and ducking it, then punish her face.

16. JackyB

JackyB Well-Known Member

Side Slide Shuffle got it...still having probs with the two attacks out of it...the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif.

17. KowtowRobinson

I don't see why, you just hit punch while he's in the sss. It's not difficult if you've already got the sss to come out.

18. Logos

Logos Well-Known Member

The first kick is very punishable if you sidestep it. Also very easy to sidestep.

19. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

The Guard Break you need to duck on reaction and punish or simply never give her any room to do it.

In case people don't know yet, Vanessa's long distance and for the most part her mid distance game completely pwns every characters distance game. You just can't stick it with her head to head in spacing fights.

In the case of Vanessa you need to rush her shit down and at the same time be aware of her numerous annoying defensive options. If they favor one sabaki a lot bait it by using a move it doesn't deflect preferably a big launcher, same with reversals if they do use them (not many tho). She is really annoying in that she has many moves she can use a disadvantage that option select A LOT of your basic pressure attacks. It can be tricky but just mix up your usage of attack types and keep up the pressure.

20. KowtowRobinson

She also has that 9 frame uppercut in close, dunno how it is on hit/block though. But I agree that sticking close to Vanessa is your best bet.