1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky vs.......

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by KowtowRobinson, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

A tip against Vanessa: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (CH) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif combo will work on her regardless of foot position, so it is actually quite a high rewarding move against her, and it will shy her away from her two most common sabakis ( /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif ). She does have a sabaki for midkicks/knees as well, but it's a bit harder to use and if you get her guessing you have the advantage. Also, remember that when in DS, her punishment against /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is very weak if you got your throw escapes in order, so you CAN use these moves a bit more freely then usual and not eat that much in return when blocked.

I don't recommend doing flipkicks when you have the advantage.

2. HotD

HotD Well-Known Member

How about tips against Lion? I hate that little bastard! His attacks have weird properties. His little double low jab poke is annoying as heck.

3. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Actually Lion's double low pokes /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif don't give advantage on normal hit; given that they combo on normal hit, making getting CH by them quite rare, i think you can safely say that elbowing after getting hit by them is a decent option.

4. BdoubleBlade

BdoubleBlade Member

Been having problems with Wolf; Every time I try to hit him, his throws take precedent over the hits even though I am striking against him in an unguarded state. Very annoying and many players I have played on XBOX LIVE love to spam that tactic. Anybody know any good effective tactics against Wolf?

5. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    Wolf players...throwing? God forbid! [​IMG]

6. CRASHEM8000

CRASHEM8000 Well-Known Member

I suggest keeping a safe distance from his stronger throws (Giant Swing, Turbo Drop, anything from crouch, back, or ground), be prepared to do throw escapes, and poke at him if he tries to come in. A move I use for poking is 3+K, and if it connects, you can add the extra P, K at the end to buy some time. Remember, though, he can dash in and grab you for one of his many other throws (of varying strengths), so be prepared to escape those, too. Let me know if that helps.

7. MADortiz

MADortiz Member

LOL @ Kowtow being a VF player. Didn' t know. Man this thread was started in '07? Wow... Talk about "a long time ago". Wonder if he still plays.

8. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Been having problems with Wolf; Every time I try to hit him, his throws take precedent over the hits even though I am striking against him in an unguarded state. Very annoying and many players I have played on XBOX LIVE love to spam that tactic. Anybody know any good effective tactics against Wolf?</div></div>

You're probably talking about Wolf's dm p+k. There's a thread about escaping it in dojo. You can also train yourself to duck when you hear Wolf grunt & see him start to slide to the side. This can be dodgy online due to latency but if the connection is good you'll be okay. Same thing as Vanessa's Guard Crush Tornado (her K+G which staggers on guard)... try and train yourself to duck as soon as you recognize the move coming out.

A general piece of advice is to perform other characters' command lists, especially when a particular character is giving you a problem. You'll learn which throw directions to break at the very least.

Have fun!