1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jackys Combo 3-6 and 8

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by Mengbillar, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Mengbillar

Mengbillar Member

im trying these with VF4Evo on PS2, and am having trouble especially with the [6_][P] part. i dont seem to be able to connect something after it.. at least not what is intended. any [2][P], [P] or [K] connects directly, as if it was [6][P][K] or [6][P][P] which its not supposed to be.. but if i wait for the game to stop connecting that way and start as new attack, the opponent is already on the ground and i dont hit anymore /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif is there something special i didnt notice to shorten the recovery time of this move? since all the other combos werent so hard, i wonder what the trick for these is...

2. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[6_]+[P] doesn't mean the same thing as [6]+[P].

Just start holding [6] before you hit [P]. It will look exactly the same as a normal [P], but it pushes you a bit further than just doing [P]. It helps a lot of combos to connect, especially if they're started from long range.

3. Mengbillar

Mengbillar Member

wow.. this is weird
    jackys combo 4
    the game tells me to do:
    [4][K]+[G] -> [6_][P] -> [K][K]
    in the text, after the demo, it tells me to finish with [4][K][K]
    however, in the demo of the combo, jacky does this:
    [4][K]+[G] -> [P] -> [K][K]
    now, doing this works and counts.. i really wonder lol, if this is for all of jackys combos, that they say [6_][P] but really mean a normal [P]
    Is this special to the german version?

EDIT: i just finished all jacky combos. in all of them that say [6_][P], its really [P] (and i dont think they are possible with [6_][P] even). weird...

4. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Did you even read Dandys post?

/KiwE

5. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

*cough* scrubs /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    Hey Mengbillar, are you pressing [G] right after pressing [6_][P]? It makes these combos to hit more often. It´s worth trying.

Are there dancing lollipops in this special german version? /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

7. Mengbillar

Mengbillar Member

haha i guess i misred that first answer lol regarding the "it looks like [P]" part
    well whatever... it worked, whatever way, and thats what counts, right?

and no, no lollipops, im waiting for VF4FT for that....

8. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    This is the second time in the span of a few days you've posted something like this. You really need to cut it out.

9. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

You get closer to the opponent when doing [6_][P] then when you do a normal [P]. It has great benifits in learning, for instance when something is P counterable but has pushed you back a bit or when you hit some launcher right at the tip so that the rest of your combo will connect. The combo training application (which is very specific) isn't the end of all things.

For instance; tt's also great of getting the habit down with Jacky as his [6_][P][K] is his "normal" pk punisher whilest if you just do [P][K] you get something else entirely. [6_][K] also has different stats then his "normal" [K] for instance, giving you an advantage on gaurd instead of being -6 if you choose to stop at that.

/KiwE

10. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    This is the second time in the span of a few days you've posted something like this. You really need to cut it out.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, I'm sorry, but I just have very little tolerance for those who ask a question and then completely ignore the answer.