1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky's Escape Attacks

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Rulakir, Dec 8, 2001.

1. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

Been experimenting with Jacky's Escape+P+K+G, and I'm sort of wondering. Does the distance in which the move hits your opponent actually affect how long they are open to attacks ? Does struggling actually affect the exposure time ?

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Not sure, but if the red wiggling stick icon appears, you can struggle.

Rulakir, nice to see you back! I'm going to Singapore for winter break, hope to meet up with you.

3. Rulakir

Well, haven't really had opportunity to play, due to the damn conscription, but nevermind.... I was experimenting with certain other things, but Jacky seems to be lacking in variations. (As usual....)

Okay, how about similar moves like d/f+K+G, and his SS, K ? What I can't seem to understand is how the move has to connect in order to "break" the opponents guard. Does the distance which the move connects affect whether the guard is broken, or if it remains ? or are other factors involved ?

Hmm... tell you what, I'll drop you my contact numbers, and you get to me when you're back. We'll try to set something up, but hopefully, not entirely VF.... But honestly, I stink at the game now.... Sigh....

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

opponents can immediately choose to guard or attack after Jacky's evading kick

Just in case anyone else is interested, that particular evading kick of Jacky can be reversed-mid

5. Rulakir

Nono... what I wanna get is to force the opponent into a stumble situation. You know, when the stick juggling icon comes out ? Isn't an amount of struggling required before the opponent can "react" ?

6. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

From memory, the evading kick has never caused an opponent to stumble...i.e, dun remember ever seeing the wiggling stick icon appear when I use that evading kick. It merely hits the opponent...

And as soon as the opponent is hit by the evading kick..opponent can immediately block.

instead of the evading kick...d/f K+G cause the opponent to stumble

Jacky has a very weird kick after pressing PKG, K+G....
    if u know which move I am referring to...do tell what ur thoughts are abt that particular move.

7. Rulakir

Hmm... it looks like a normal K+G move right ? I have to give it a couple of tries before I can say anything concrete thought.... Let me try it out during the weekend.

I've been testing out the d/f+K+G, but with varying results. Again, the same questions are bothering me. =[ How do I have to hit the opponent in order to get the opponent to stumble ?

The frustrating thing is that sometimes I get it right, and other times, not at all. Argh...

8. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

I've got a silly question. Are there any more escape moves other than P+K+G? I'm wondering if a fighter has any moves while in 8-way-run (ala Soul Calibur).

9. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

No...there is no other attack other than the pre given P+K+G attack( some good..some not so good..some down right shit(WOLF)

Although U can indeed choose to input other attack commands after a successful dodge...(witness the destructive not to mention lame bullshit power of
    Akira's deep bodycheck!)

Although it is my most sincere wish to be able to evade n spod with Akira hehehe...but ah..there must be a particular timing to getting the stun palm to come out...come to think of it..I haven't played as Akira for a while

Come to think of it..I must get back to doing my assignment all over again ( THANKS FOR DYING ON ME U STUPID PIECE OF HARDWARE!)

Where's my cat?

10. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

No...there is no other attack other than the pre given P+K+G attack( some good..some not so good..some down right shit(WOLF)

Hey btw, you guys all know that Wolf's DA can be broken by pressing b+P+G right? Just checking...

The throw followup thereafter is not guaranteed (opponent can punch before you can throw), but if the Wolf player is not expecting his dodge throw to be broken, you can try to throw Wolf...