1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky's Side Turned Game

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by pana, Jan 27, 2013.

1. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Jacky doesn't care about the rules of the game.

ajs_ and ManuSam like this.
  2. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

The display doesn't change the frames from BT P hit when doing BT P,K~G. It doesn't do that with any P,K~G AFAIK.

3. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    not that anyone cares but i posted a new video talking about some of the things i do on sideturned...

4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I am confused why people are giving likes to my first post in the thread, in which I was wrong as pointed out in the above post. Read the whole thread please, weird people.

ManuSam likes this.
  5. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    Even though, I Cannot play anymore. Im gonna post a few things I have found for jacky's sideturned game. Namely on okizeme. Hopefully someone can put this information to good use.

Slide Shuffle K

4pk: Against every character in the cast, When you land 4pk you can use SS k to force sideturned oki if your opponent tech rolls. The timing isnt too hard and if they block sideturned, You are + so you can still press them. I think your advantage is only +1 or 2.

In basic meaty oki the move pushes about 2 1/2 to 3 character distances away. Meaning that even though you are at -4. You are very far away from your opponent actually being able to retaliate with a move that doesn't move forward. Back dashing here will cause most moves to whiff against you. Your opponent literally cannot respond to being pushed back that far with out risking moving forward toward you.

On side turned hit, you get a side turned crumple in which of course you can turn into a combo.

If your opponent neutral techs, This move will still land meaty. Your opponent CANNOT sidestep this move.

This can be applied to most knockdowns. The timing for the situation can be a bit odd and what not but still a very valid tactic. If you do not land the side turned hit or force them to block after ukemi, you can easily meaty them and still apply the information above.

*if you do 4p+k 4k+g iai 2p+k and instead of finishing the combo ending it with 1p, you also set up the sideturned SS K. If i have time I will attempt to record some of these findings. Hopefully this information will be used...

ajs_ and SDS_Overfiend1 like this.
  6. pana

pana Well-Known Member

[...], I should've not tried discussing with Chibiaya.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  7. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    The way you word things is as if you are trying to get into a pissing contest with me. I don't feel like getting into a pissing contest with you so I will simply keep it to the point...

I created that thread AFTER making my post. Secondly, It is possible to get a sideturned SS K after juggling an opponent. Its a bit weird and only works on super lightweight and lightweight characters but it is possible. If i get the opportunity I will post a video proving that very thing.

My style of play is usually pushing to force opponents into more mistakes using offbeat tactics such as the one I posted above. My 4pk notes are specifically for if the move hits. if they block it OF COURSE the information doesnt apply. I am simply giving a perspective in which a situation is set up.

I also posted the information about if it doesn't land side turned for people who might want to know what happens if it doesnt work out the way it was planned. In the event that i might get someone( :rolleyes: ) who will nitpick and wonder what happens if things do not work according to how i posted them.

This does apply sideturned information as i have posted them above. Yes, I deviated from the original idea of the post but the information is none the less valid

ajs_ and SDS_Overfiend1 like this.
  8. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

Came across this thread while talking in the shoutbox about the KG cancel.

I read about the "combo" 44K (opponent side turned on hit) > PKG (CH) > 6K > ... and got sucked in by this "mystery" :)

Maybe it's already solved and explained in an other thread but not finding the answer here I looked in details at how works Jacky's BT PKG.

First of all for those that were questioning about the counter it's not registering the whole string as a combo (after the PKG part) because it's not a combo (as everybody have already understood).
    It's unblockable (not even reversable) but not a combo frame wise.

Jacky gets an outrageous amount of frames advantage through PKG cancel.
    So the raw numbers are:

+8 on NH with opponent facing Jacky (when BT P is +1)

+15 +14 (I wrote it wrong) on CH with opponent facing Jacky (when BT P is +6)

So if you add the +3 from a side turned sitaution you can see why you can not block the 6K (in fact you can not block either 3P+K which is 18 frames)

Hope it helps.

EDIT corrected a wrong value written by mistake

9. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

The CH one is +16.

10. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

if you are sure then I wasn't able to get the PKG cancel as fast as possible in my experiment.
    Where/how you got that value?

11. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Last page. MSG #26.

12. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

dunno why I didn't see that post, I thought I read the entire thread.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Back to dojo to see it with my eyes

13. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

checked again, it's not +16.

When opponent is facing Jacky and Jacky is BT PKG on CH is +14.

If the opponent is ST then there's a +2 on the hitstun on top of which you can add the extra 3 frames.

In my earlier post I wrote the CH hitstun wrong by mistake and didn't mention the +2 frames of hitstun on ST opponent.
    An easy way to test this out is recording Jacky doing:
    44P (or any move that puts him BT) > PKG (CH) > 6P (14frames) --> 6P hits
    44P > PKG > 4K (15 frames) --> 4K is blocked

14. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I'm not testing this but from my memory doing CH BT P,K~G, P+K counts as a combo (16f) while doing 6K does not (17f, it's UB though). My tests with 4P+K also would put the cap at +16 since it's within that 3f unguard thingy from ST.

I though we we're talking ST frames all the time here.
    EDIT: noticed just now it had "when opp is facing Jacky in there" oops.

15. Superspacehero

Superspacehero Well-Known Member

what does all the abbreviations stand for?

SS stand for slide shuffle?
    SSS?
    Guess nh means neutral hit and bt is for back turned?

16. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Correct on SS and BT.

SSS = Side Slide Shuffle
    NH = Normal Hit

Kruza

17. Superspacehero

Superspacehero Well-Known Member

Thanks, Slide slide shuffle? is that offensive move and then ss? Or if i recall correctly, there is one move that may be called slide slide shuffle in movements list..Have to look next time i play ^^

18. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

It's side slide, not slide slide. It's Jackys spin around stance. For example 2P+K~2P+K+G.

19. ZBEP

ZBEP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ZBEP
    *reviving the dead*

Not sure if this is already known, but 4PK on an ST opponent with the correct foot positioning makes him BT, so PP from jacky's BT after this is unblockable and can only be crouched.

20. BlondieVF5

BlondieVF5 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BLONDIE_hydra
    Doesn't 4pk ground on hit? If blocked would be +3 and if blocked from ST would be +6. P,p would not be unblockable. If that is what you mean :)