1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Japan VF4 torney movie

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Guest, Aug 9, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Wow, already....

THANKS!

And by the looks of it, Kyasao is playing in this clip/versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    I wish VF.NET would be coming here.... the implementation looks pretty nice to me. Seeing records on the character select screen and during replays and poses.
    Gotta love the escaped backthrow, especially when it's Jacky's backthrow hehe. Kage's elbow doesn't look so horrible anymore, but maybe it's just Kyasao playing. I liked the way he finished the match--cute.

Though the clock is set to 45 seconds, VF4 still looks like a 30 second game to me/versus/images/icons/smile.gif Guess 45 seconds help the new audiences get acquainted though...

-Chanchai<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Chanchai on 08/09/01 07:33 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

3. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clip:)

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

4. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Now that you can escape back and side throws should not there be more than one of each. I mean does not it kind of take away the usefulness of the throws. That elbow looks pretty useful to me. Jacky looks like a monster and if Kage is under powered I am truly frightened:)

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

5. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

woohoo, already more clips on the site/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

6. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Great stuff! Thanks for the URL.

Kruza

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I can't seem to download them. :(

8. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

Nor me. The f'ing server ditched me at about 97% complete. Typical.

9. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

hot spicy damn! awesome stuff. kage players need to see this - leave it to kyasao to show us what can be done in vf4.

misc comments: tft-knee animation looks a little clunky..but oh well. and jacky's P+K,P,K now looks absolutely brutal.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

can someone possibly mirror the video files? i still can't download them. thanks.

11. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

heh, I liked the repeated helix stagger helix stagger conditioning. It almost looked like the other player couldn't struggle fast enough and was re-staggered. But he was no scrub so probably he kept getting Mc'ed.
    Kage got an ugly sidekick. His old 'perfect' sidekick was strong. Oh well.
    I think someone decided to uglify kage's staple moves because in a game full of low walls Kage is one of the few who can throw people overboard.
    ps: That beat knuckle backfist heelsword combo IS sick. I don't think it was the wall that allowed jerky to tack on a Px combo. And wtf is up with jerky hitting with a sweep and getting low kick, G, low kick OTB. That's too funny.

<font color=blue size=11 face="Times New Roman">
    CreeD </font>(possible sig)

12. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

the second link timed out for me. Looking at the URL, it looks like a link to a file trading program called limewire. So it may only work when the guy's online.

13. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

where did you see more?

14. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Done. You can access them at http://www.clandxm.com/vf4

I can't host the clips for more than a week or two since I have monthly transfer caps, unfortunately, but till then, feel free to download!

15. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    heh, I liked the repeated helix stagger helix stagger conditioning. It almost looked like the other player couldn't struggle fast enough and was re-staggered. But he was no scrub so probably he kept getting Mc'ed.
    Kage got an ugly sidekick. His old 'perfect' sidekick was strong. Oh well.

That wasn't kage's normal sidekick. It's his mid-hitting frontal kick done when he's in the d+P+K+G stance. That spinning elbow attack he did repeatedly was another move only available out of that stance.

16. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

What I'd like to know is what good followups you can tack on after Kage autoreverses an incoming P with his crawl-between-the-legs buttkick...

17. Guest

Guest Guest

THANKS! :eek:)

Those movies are cool.

18. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

elite.
    Myke, you should get footage of all the moves that will be lost in the final version of VF4. You were describing Jerky's inashi earlier...

19. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Well, I was going to put this in a general post I was just about to make about my playing with the beta at SVGL, but I'll post it here instead.

One of the things that have changed with VF4 is when you are back-turned you cannot dash (f,f) or run (f,F) away but you can easily walk (F) away, as well as the regular turn-toward attacks, dodge or just plain turn around as usual.

With Kage's stance-auto-P reversal I think just ending up behind the opponent puts you at a big advantage. Maybe a simple f,f+P+K+G or f,f+K+G will nail them as they can't run (if they try, they just turn around) and walking wouldn't be fast enough. This leaves dodging, but since I don't think everyone's proficient enough at dodging yet (I had lots of trouble dodging attacks successfully), this may be viable followup for Kage at this stage. Since I'm back in Australia now I can't test it, so it's over to you :)

In general though, leaving your back open, especially against a wall, can get you screwed very quickly. I don't think you auto-magically turn around either anymore when on the receiving end of a canned combo. I got nailed a few times by the CPU with my back turned, and it wasn't pretty. Remember, this is the beta and I wasn't fully comfortable with the movement system.

20. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

that wasn't the helix - the helix hits high anyway - that was his elbow from his jumonji stance. also, one of the reasons why they changed the elbow animation is because kage can go straight into his jumonji stance if holds down P. i think it looks fine.

also, jacky still has the inashi.