1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Japan VF4 torney movie

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Guest, Aug 9, 2001.

1. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

there was only the kage/jacky movie first, the lei/jacky movie came later, which is what he was referring to.

2. Mr. Bungle

more: most of the canned combos for jacky that end with a crescent (the beatknuckle combo, PPbPK, etc) now leave him back-turned. so he can combo with TT punches.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

At about 26 seconds into round one of the Jacky vs Kage match following Jacky's wall combo, Kage quickrises and seems to gain life according to the lifebar while getting staggered by Jacky's sidekick. What's that about? Am I just seeing compression artifacts ??! I'm confused. :eek:(

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Hehe, didn't notice that until you pointed it out. Probably a compression artifact or something in the stage background or a very momentary glitch which resolves itself in the next split second...?

5. Guest

Guest Guest

OK, I checked the rest of the footage and at certain points this "phenomeon" recurs. :)
    In Jacky vs Kage at about 1:15 and then Lei Fei vs Jacky at 0:28 and 1:22. I think what is happening is that after being hit, the life bar highlights the amount of damage being dealt and then removes that graphical segment in a nifty animation. The highlight graphics mixed with screen glare and compression artifacts creates the illusion that they're gaining life. That makes sense. :eek:)

VFScrub

6. Guest

Guest Guest

doh.. "phenomenon"

7. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

I just checked out the second movie, featuring Jacky and Lei Fei. Good stuff.
    I tried to download earlier today but couldn't, so thanks for hosting the clips.
    Now, onward to the Kyasao clip!!!!

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=red>DOG</font color=red>

8. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

"healing"

To me it kinda looks as if the Jacky player was hit with another attack, while his lifebar still was decreasing from the previous attack

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Has anyone noticed it looks like they are using a rear projection HDTV for the game? It looks like a 16:9 projection HDTV about 42-47".

CrewNYC

10. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Yeah it actually manages to make Lei-Fei look good for once.

11. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Speaking of movies, I just downloaded a whole barrage of clips from the upcoming Tekken 4. Urgh... is THAT what most fighting game aficionados in America are eagerly anticipating? *cough*

(Okay, so I'm biased =)

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Well T4 looks like great fun to me! I can't wait to be playing it at the arcade while waiting for that long, sinuous queue of scrubs leading to the widescreened VF4 cabinet to diminish. :O)

13. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Speaking of downloading, I downloaded the Kyasao clip finally. Well worth the two hours spent doing so (unless I was doing something wrong). Thanks again, FeixaQ.
    This may have been brought up before, but is that a new outfit that Jacky's wearing (same for Lei Fei in the other clip)?

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=red>DOG</font color=red>

14. Mr. Bungle

it looks like it's just a pallette swap of his original red costume. i'd guess that it's a vf.net option.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

please tell me how you did to download these movies ,i want to do my own vf4 movie compilation.

16. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

17. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

More movies have just been posted. One of them features Heruru vs. Yamiyodare.
    I believe the presently available joh_vs_kyasao file is a new one (original was named joh_kyasao)

-Chanchai

Update: DOH!!!! Looks like these are the same movie files, but with different names... my bad....<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Chanchai on 08/15/01 01:48 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

18. MiKeY

MiKeY Active Member

Kyasao is probably my favorite VF4 character out of every single VF4 Kage player, probably my fav. Any character player. I like him even better than ShinZ/Akira Kid. I watched all the all the clips and the majority were Kage. I play kage at the moment and i have to agree that the Kage played was quite the demon. i just hope i can get that good. =)