1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Japan

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by adamYUKI, Feb 14, 2001.

1. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Im starting to feel like we should make one last VF trip and that should be to Japan to play. As crazy as this sounds after watching beat tribe its pumped me up to do the prove to the world that US non-japanese VF'ers got what it takes to hold our own....It would be fun....

If I had a Beat Tribe Team (they played in groups of 5)(excluding Japanese players...hehe unfortunately leaving Shota and Hiro out)

I'd pick

CrewNYC (Pai) To open the match
    Jo-Shun (Akira)
    AdamYuki (Akira)
    GhettoShun (Shun)
    Mr. Bungle (Kage) as the anchor/Ice-9 (Kage)/Piccolo (Kage)

Other teams would consist of people in the same area

Probably like Jason, Joji, Rich, Shang, Pete from MA/Boston

ED, Harold, Andy, Shota, (Is there one more guy?)

Omaha Jeff (Rodney), Jesse, Boyd, Sumeragi, and maybe ChanChai/Shadowdean?

Emil, Llanfair, GE, Jo-Shun, Robertson? The former CA team

Worldwide

Summers, Myke, Uk-Kid (need two more) hehe

We'd have some awesome match ups...

CrewNYC

<font color=red>ORA! ORA! ORA!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Guys....

Guys..
    Andy, Adam, Jeff...Myke..and whoever is sincerly motivated enuff to actually start to
    a)save
    b)part time job
    c)ask parents for cash

They sooner you guys make up ur mind to decide to go to Japan, ther ealier I can try to arrange the hotel factor.

I know it's a BIG ASK....saving a few good thousands (cause it's just so expensive there, plus the always falling Aussie dollars)

So I'm not expecting alot to come (which actually makes the negotiation easier)

But as soon as any one of u decides it's time, pvt msg me or do it on the board.

Errrr, one more thing. How long would we want to stay there?
    I don't mind eating cup noodles for one mth, did it just a few weeks back.

All I'm waiting to for is the 'let's do it' instructions.
    So, anytime the mind has decided, just tell me.

<font color=red>SummErs' 'Ride the Lighting Legacy'

3. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

"Summers,Myke,Uk-Kid (need two more)hehe."

Geez no spot on the Aus team for me I see despite my obvious interest,you're in serious trouble for this Adam or Andy or whoever,It's now my mission to come to Japan and defeat you (or failing that throw some scalding hot cup noodles over you)

4. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Now that I've returned from my anger management class I guess I'll apologize If my previous comment was a little harsh,you just hurt my pride :).

Can someone PLEASE!!! set a concrete date for this thing,I need to know how much time I have to save and approx how long we'll be there.

5. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Why not wait until VF4 comes out then we would have plenty of time to save. plus you are almost assured of getting a ton of people to play.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

6. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

sheesh, you guys'd better start saving. flights to japan are WAY over a $1000.

- phil

oh, and, why the 'hehe' after my name, andy!?

7. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

How about, instead of all this teams crap..we just get as many people together that want to go and can? I would definatly go if I have money/time.

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

8. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Well, I can resume my formal training with you guys (NY Crew), Shota, Toronto, Rich, or whoever right? Timing's an issue of course.

I'd like to show you how much I've learned and advanced (though you'll also see how much more I need to learn). At least I can take comfort that you put Sumeragi in my team hehehe/images/icons/tongue.gif. Actually, we could all do weird stuff in that team. Jesse and Bboyd can attack the air, Rodney can go by sea (err... island), 'dean hits the city/images/icons/tongue.gif-well he'll actually 2/3rd mirage kick everyone to death I guess, and I just start playing my punk-ass TA Lion for the hell of it/images/icons/smile.gif

I do have to weed out habits though... As much as I've improved my yomi and general composure, my newbie rush habits pop up once in awhile (30 frames have passed... MUST ATTACK OR DODGE...--gets MC'd and dies)...

-Chanchai

P.S. You gotta admit, the shadow rush is humurous to watch. When it succeeds I mean. I don't think I'll forget the look on Andy's face when he got nailed by it.

9. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

Well, i 'm still hope to meet you all, one day. Now i'm still studying (and i'm out of money). but i look forward for that day,and I also want to be prepared for THAT day so I'm practicing very often (against some friends and alone) nascar must proof to be a worthy Vf-player and he will!!!

10. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I think Andy just plain forgot about you.
    Judging from your lack of prescene, u must be PSOing wayyyy too much.

I think I was mentioned caused I've been posting way too much. Plus, it's a mock up thing anyway:)

Of course, when I first saw it, my reaction was 'huahauahua, Doomboy is gonna respond real SOON'

Hey, I got myself a blackDC, COOL LOOKING MAN! (sports pack), negotiated with the retailer, took out the two sports games., insert cannon spike, Justice, VF3tb(us) memeory...total, 300 Aust dollars....including modem and web browser. huahauahua
    And I got this deal at a place notorious for over charging.
    hehehehehehehhehehe....

The only bad news was, two dayz later, the smash pack DC comes out! FUCCCCCCCCCCCCKK!!!!!!!!!

Ok, just be4 anyone jumps to conclusions, I know the prices for DC has dropped. But the Singapore retailers, on a whole, are cheaters. DC prices were supposed to drop, but now they are rising like hot cakes! So my price is really GOOD!

Oh did I mentioned I paid only 500 for my DC when it first came out? It was originally retailing for 800, but I was in shorts, sandals, n holes on my shirt, she thought 500 was already to much for me. So out came my master card...HAHAHA

So have u got the latest browser with you?
    Cause I intend to go online and slay some badass animals on Ragol!

11. Chanchai

Summers, who are you talking to exactly? Just curious, 'cause I'm not sure. (naturally)

I don't have a copy of PSO yet, and if you are talking about my lack of presence, it mostly has to do with school.

12. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Doomboy.
    I always respond to the person I am talking to.

13. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Holy shit...my little rush is an offical term now..whoo hoo!!! hehehehe

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

14. Chanchai

Nah, the Shadowrush is still an "ultra secret technique, one that is unique to the 'dean."

I still can't believe it had its moments at NYG2, but surprises shall never cease sometimes...

If I recall, the core foundation of it is similar to "Peter's Lion Principal" (as I like to call it) which is PP-->flowchart, but yours is a very specified flowchart.

-Chanchai