Japanese Akira VF4 Website

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Some interesting combos mentioned...

1. Rising low attack --> (stagger) --> Akira special #3?? I thought the new 3-hit was taken out of the final version... maybe not.

2. df+P+K (knockdown) into DLC

3. deflection + palm (b,f,f+P+K+G, b,f+P) into DLC... hehe, not easy to get the deflection to work though

4. df+P+G throw followed by SDE OTB

... and some other stuff. I'll check it out this evening.

3. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

i think some moves are being left out of those semi-official movelists on gpara.com. some fan-based japanese pages keep updating their provisional movelists with moves that are not in the gpara lists, such as the new akira special and wolf's "3/4" throw. this might also account for the "secret moves" bit in the description of the vf4 redbook.

4. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

I know I'm gonna sound behind here, but could someone please give me a quick rundown of what is currently known about this 'Akira Special 3'?

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

d+K+G, f+K, b, f+P

Hit level = L*, M, M

Looks like a low kick followed by a standing knee (cf Jeffrey's knee), then an overhead chop. Kinda an ugly looking move, really =P

Unsure whether the 2nd and 3rd hit are guaranteed if the first connects. My guess is no, unless it's in a float or OTB.

6. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

Thanks Chris.
    Sounds a bit like something Paul (Tekken) does, but I'm sure it's totally different really.