1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Japanese DC DOA2: anyone playing?

Discussion in 'General' started by akiralove, Oct 5, 2000.

1. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Anyone playing the Jap. DC version of DOA2? It's got 2 new characters, new costumes, new stages, cinemas, and new moves and tag throws. sadly tag battle still only on one stage so far.

At first it seemed to be very little beyond the us version, but the more you play, the more it opens up with new stuff. I was a little bummed when I first booted it up, but now I love it, I'd kill to play vf on the new stages. and bayman is actually substantially different from leon, who's been tweaked a little as well. playing as the tengu is a blast (you can even fly a little).

Anyway, just wondered if anyone else was enjoying it, had found new stuff in it etc.

spotlight

2. Emil

Emil Well-Known Member

Do you require anything special to run the Jap.DOA2 on a US DC?

-Emil
    DC Newbie

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

One or more of the following:

a)a special operation you do on your own DC which I don't recommend, but it was the old way of doing things.
    b)an internal mod chip
    c)an external mod chip
    d)a gameshark
    e)a boot loader disc (you can download and burn it with some instructions, will allow you to play backup games and imports)

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi, I'm having the Japanese DOA2 sent to me, but I don't know the proper way to download and burn the boot disc. I found a spot that had it, but there were no instructions accompanying it. Could you point me to a site that provides instructions about how to go about downloading and burning a copy of the boot disc???
    Thanks.

5. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

fuck off.
    just fuck off.

--
    "The world ends tomorrow AND YOU MIGHT DIE!!!"

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Was that directed at me??? If so, I really can't figure out the hostility and/or apathy my request has generated, both here and on other boards. All I want is to play DOA2 (and any other decent Japanese fighters that happen to come down the pike) without shelling out $50 for a gameshark, the cheat options on which I'll likely never exercise. If you're objecting to "backups", and their potential deleterious effects on the industry, let me say this: the bare fact that someone is looking for a boot disc in no way demonstrates that they are motivated by the urge to play burned games....instead, they could simply desire to play import titles (and be hesitant to "mod" their system...or have budget issues), as is the case with me.

7. Emil

Emil Well-Known Member

Are you interested in DOA2 or just looking for someone to pick on?(or both?)

-Emil

8. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

no interest in doa2. and no interest or tolerance for people who _publicly_ ask for illegally copied material and fully expect an answer on a board for all the world and all the worlds lawyers and public relation drones to see.
    jeepers golly gee willickers...

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"

9. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Rich, he was asking for the boot disc.

Something much more easier to find than the actual ISO's or files of copied games.

I use the boot disc myself to play imports (as opposed to installing a chip or cutting a battery and waiting 5 minutes to start a game up or using a Gameshark which is actually more tedious--not that much more though--than using a 5MB boot disc).

He didn't ask for the games. The boot disc itself is much easier to find than the games.

10. Emil

Emil Well-Known Member

You tell'em Chanchai!
    Took the words right out of my mouth!

-Emil