1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jean combos

Discussion in 'Jean' started by Reno, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

Good Shit! This just gave me a million ideas...: D

2. Vumsy

Vumsy New Member

on walls and specific angles I usually rely on Wallsplat, uf K+G, db P+K, dfdf P,K, dfdf P,K...

guess I need to try out other wall combos...

3. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Not Combos but I was messing about with Jean and fund that after his 66 or 44 grab lands 4k and g will crush rising attacks if you just mash it out. Similarly, after his gbod and 43p and k combo you can mash 4p and k to kill a rising attack and get you a crumple combo 46m and g also seems to work as does 6p and k which is nice if they're at a wall.

4. Spank

Spank Member

can I do extra hits after 43k+g,89k+g,p,23k+g,2323pk

5. KowtowRobinson

KowtowRobinson Well-Known Member

236P+K combo listed, how exactly does that work? On the crumple, a dash up to 2p doesn't seem to give the proper results. When I do it in practice mode it just gives +20, seems to be the same deal as 66P on hit.

What combos are you all using after this move? I use it pretty sparingly, but if I land it I want to be rewarded properly.

6. GT's Jean had some awesome combos on the EVO stream...very inspirational Jean player, keep that pressure with 66P

7. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

KowtowRobinson: I think you can do 3P+K-- >combos after the sabaki.

8. StickyStaines

StickyStaines Member

I believe it's on CH. On CH they fall back like 66P on CH.

9. seyu

seyu Well-Known Member

PSN:
    volX
    Nope you cant. The opponent has to guess wrong for that to work. He can always block during those 20 frames. It works exactly like 66P.
    You can however apply mixups, with low, mids and throws. also a charged move is often free after a hit like that, so charge a 5K or 66K or whatever and bring them the pain.

On the other hand Jeans reversals are beastly. If you manage to land one and dont use the followup P, you have, depending on your distance and timing from 25 to 30 frames advantage. You can literally do any combo you like. If you know your opponent cant shake out of stun well, use jeans roll and go for a 100 damage+ combo or ringout.

10. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xX_SETTRA_Xx
    XBL:
    xX SETTRA Xx
    Its nice in theory, but (imo) much to risky to do it and probably waste about 70 Points of guaranteed damage.
    You can hardly tell the difference between +12 and +20, any misjudge will get yourself blocked and back into disadvantage.
    But I agree with you that his sabakis are awesome, an high damage 2P sabakis is worth gold.

11. ReaperDoublex

ReaperDoublex New Member

Not much of a combo but i just got this on brad not too long ago.
    b+k,p then foward foward df+p,k
    Does decent amount of damage but im pretty sure the player can recover off of it but not sure i could be wrong

12. seyu

seyu Well-Known Member

PSN:
    volX
    I think the only one its guaranteed on is Taka. Its still good though, cause youll hit them if they didnt tech in the very first possible moment.

13. tmd02

tmd02 Well-Known Member

Yo guys I'm new to Jean, but I was toying around with his fake frame 66P on a back turned opponent, and I noticed the combo meter then registers as a combo.

I was testing this myself to see if the opponent can block a following move (I.E. back hit 66P, 6K) by me setting the dummy as a controller holding block, and the opponent can't block it, is there some other way that an opponent can escape of block this, or is this stun and combo guaranteed?

You can do the same after 236PK on an opponents back, the do 6K for a back turned launch, but both of these strange stuns have the following hits as a counter, how come?

Thank you in advance and please respond [​IMG]

14. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xX_SETTRA_Xx
    XBL:
    xX SETTRA Xx
    Got an addition for the universal Wallcombo Reno postet earlier.
    You can use [4][P][+][K] instead of the jab before the second bounce for 6 Points more damage. Only tested it with the respectivaly heaviest of thier Weightsclasses, but Im quite sure that it works on everybody.

15. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Wow~ I just realize how sweet it is!

16. Hajin

Hajin Member

http://youtu.be/g1adqL3NFQ8?t=57s

I tried to recreate this sweet combo, but never succeeded to land the bounce.
    Tried to delay 2P+K or even delay 2P, only worked once.
    Do you guys have any idea why?

17. seyu

seyu Well-Known Member

PSN:
    volX
    Its the foot position:/
    Your opponent has to have the right foot in front for this to work(im not sure if that means "open" or "closed").
    You cant see it in the Video at all, he seems to have the left foot in front>_> I just found it by elimination.

If you do sabaki>P,2P,2P+K,4,6P,K. The whole thing does 70 damage, thats just 2 lower than my(and probably a lot of others) standart combo in that situation:
    sabaki>P,2P,9K+G,33P,K for 68 damage. So maybe its not entirely worth it.

It always works on lighteights though, so maybe thats something to work with:)
    On anybody heavier than Jean it doesnt work, so not for Wolf, Jeff and Taka that lard ass.

Btw. i really think we need more talk in tthe Jean forums. I try cooking up something myself, but I cant think of anything remotely intelligent:(

edit: "food-position" XD

18. edgemis

edgemis Member

PSN:
    edgemis
    Minor correction, the combo in the video is sabaki>p,2p,2p+k,4pk, and does 72 damage. After high sabaki, it works in closed foot position only. After low sabaki, it works in open foot position only. The 46pk variant seyu posted works on some lighter characters in both foot positions, so it's probably more useful.

19. seyu

seyu Well-Known Member

PSN:
    volX
    Thanks edgemis:)
    Id just like to correct something i wrote too:
    As Edge said, it doesnt depend on which foot is in front, but on how you stand in comparison to your opponent.

Closed foot pos: both with the same foot in front. Stance is parallel.

Open: Different foot in front. Stance is mirrored.

20. Hajin

Hajin Member

Thank you for your answers ! I forgot about foot position, seems to me that FS is not very foot position reliant. At least not as much as before no?