1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jean combos

Discussion in 'Jean' started by Reno, Jun 3, 2012.

1. seyu

seyu Well-Known Member

PSN:
    volX
    some combos that arent in this thread yet:

Wall behind opponent: [4][K][P]>[6_][P]>[3][3][P][K]>[4][K],[P] does around 80 damage. Have seen people connect a [4][6][K]+[G] for above 90 damage, but the counter always turns green for me.
    tested up to heavy mid(akira, jean, jacky)

side-CH [3][K]>[1][P]+[K]>[P]>[2][P]+[K]>[4][6][P],[K] for 102 damage. Tested on weight classes light to heavy-mid(akira, jean n jacky)

2. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    [1][P]+[K]>delay>[9][K]+[G]>[3][3][P]+[K]

works on all but Taka, but you need to delay the second attack until after the bounce ( not very strict )

for Taka I use, [1][P]+[K]>[9][K]+[G]>[1][K] ( 52 dmg` approx.)

3. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I've never noticed any need for delays with 1P+K.

If you hit a bit further away (not on the first frame) you can do 1P+K, 2P, 9K+G, 33P,K on light and midweight for some extra damage.

Works on at least Jacky too, if you hit with the hand (last active frame). Not too reliable in a fast paced match though. It's quite easy to tell if it's possible on the lighter people though.

Just checked my notes on 1P+K on Taka. I have

1P+K, dash 9K+G, 9K+G for 58. Dash is required in the other stance or the last hit whiffs so just do it for both.

Also, 1P+K, 9K+G, 33P works for 57, but it's quite hard and I couldn't figure out funky setups or any reason not do the 58 dmg one instead.

4. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    Nice taka variant. the delayed [1][P]+[K] works for everyone but Taka, so I found it very valuable , without delay it wont hit heavies or some midweights, on light i use the 2p. But delaying the [9][K]+[G] was the difference between the last hit connecting or not on a good few characters. I thought maybe some might have missed this.

5. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Against Jean:

Closed - [6][K] -> [9][K][+][G] -> [P][G] -> [4][6][P][K] - 77 Damage

Open - [6][K] -> [9][K][+][G] -> [P][G] -> [3][3][P][K] - 74 Damage

The above combos are good because you can check the foot positions while the combo is in progress. But if you're good enough to check for foot position prior to a launch, you can use [6][K] -> [P] -> [2][P][+][K] -> [4][K][K][P] for 76 points of damage in the Open Foot Position.

6. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

6K, 9K+G, P,K,PcK does 76 from either stance, carries the opponent furher and possibly allows for a wall finish if there's one present.

6K P, 2P+K, 4P,K does 78 from closed stance.

7. edgemis

edgemis Member

PSN:
    edgemis
    I've had trouble hitting 6K, 9K+G, P,K,PcK on Jean in some situations. It seems minor counter hits in open stance need some really precise timing for it to work. Only noticed this against Jean and Jeffry. As far as I know the combo works on all other characters except open stance Wolf and of course Taka.

For heavy middle weights, 6K, P, 2P+K, 46PK is also 76 damage and works in both stances. Doesn't carry as far, but doesn't have the minor counter issue against Jean.

8. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I've never had anything go wrong with it on Jean. Are you doing advancing jab? There's probably issues without. As far as I know minor counter float is similar to normal hit height.

9. edgemis

edgemis Member

PSN:
    edgemis
    Alright, doing 6_P seems to solve the issue with Jean, and it also works on Wolf in both stances this way. Didn't occur to me to try that since you don't need to do it usually with that combo. Still can't get it to work on Jeffry on minor counter, open stance though, yet it works on normal hit. Guess the hitboxes are aligned slightly different or something... anyway, thanks!

10. seyu

seyu Well-Known Member

PSN:
    volX
    Okay so after a while, some stuff to post gathered in my brain. Im just gonna load it off here, maybe theres something usefull in it:

As an alternative to the usual mid, throw/low mixup on wakeup I sometimes do [4][K]+[G],[P],[P].
    It catches people that desperately try to get away from you on wakeup. It also crushes rising attacks, if they are executed as fast as possible and the [4][K]+[G] is as fast as possible, too.You can also still do a backdash>[1][P]+[K] to beat delayed wakup kicks, if you cancel the string after the first kick.(This works best after jeans backthrow)
    In addition to that you can cancel the string for throw shennanigans and even a launcher after the secont hit connects, if they dont shake off the stagger.

This brings me to the next point:
    If you land a [4][K]+[G],[P],[P] close to a wall you can usually combo a [9][K]+[G]>[4][K],[P]>[4][6][K]+[G] For 100 damage.

[4][K],[P]>[4][6][K]+[G] is generally a great combo to end anything that makes the opponent bounce a little from the wall, for example after combos that end with [3][3][P],[K].
    So far it worked on any character i tested it on, im not done testing yet though.

Okay, thats it so far.

11. seyu

seyu Well-Known Member

PSN:
    volX
    Hey guys!
    Its been a while since i posted here, but i wanted to post my final results on the [4][K],[P] combos at a wall.

First: here are my 3 optimal combos:

1. [4][K],[P]>[6_][P]>[3][3][P][K]>[4][K],[P]>[4][6][K]+[G] 97 damage

2. [4][K],[P]>[6_][P][K]( [P] ) [K]>[4][6][K]+[G] 99 damage

3. [4][K],[P]>[6_][P]>[9][K]+[G]>[3][K]+[G]>[4][P],[K]>[4][K],[P],[4][6],[K]+[G] 112 damage

These are the weight classes they work on:

super light: 1,2,3. 3 beeing the best. Rings out from a certain distance at a half wall.

light: 1,2,3. 3 beeing the best, but hard. Shun belongs to this category i think, ringout on half walls seems very likely on him.

lion: a special case here. Acts in most combos as light weight. 1,2 and 3 work on him, but 3 only with very specific timing and positioning.

mid weight: 1,2,3. 2 is the best one here. The 3rd one is only noted, because it works up to the [9][K]+[G] part for ROs.

heavy midweights: 1 and 2 work. 1 only works undil the second [4][K],[P]
    in the combo, then its techable, but gives you a perfect opportunity for a setup like [6][K]+[G] charged, or whatever you like.

heavy: 1 and 2, also only up to the second [4][K],[P]. Setups arent a seasy on them, as they dont float as much. Its better to replace the las [4][K],[P] with a [3][3][P],[K] for more damage.

taka: [4][K],[P]>[3][3][P],[K] just the usual. works after [4][P][K] too btw.

Hope its useful to someone, please excuse typos. Ive seen its not in the combo list, but id say its a valuable method to get damage in the corner without hoping your opponent cant break the stagger.
    p.s. GT i saw you saying you had a new max damage combo? would appreciate it if you could share that.

12. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

4K,P, P, 4P,K, 4K,P, 46K+G works up to Goh. Don't remember the damage for it but over 100.

Your #2 seems to be missing 4K,P before the finish.
    For Heavies I do 4K,P, P,K,PcK, 33P,K. Delay the underlined kick sligtly and it works both stances.

4K,P, P, 33P,K, 4K,P is what I do vs Jacky. He doesn't wallhit from the last 4K,P but it gives more time for oki than another 33P,K.

13. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

@Seyu - I know about those combos except 3. I just haven't added them yet. The new max damage I found is in the combo list for 6K. They are the last combos.

seyu likes this.
  14. seyu

seyu Well-Known Member

PSN:
    volX
    Sweet, thanks!

15. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

GT, do you mean the combo 6K > 3K+G >...?

16. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

Yes! : D The dash into 9K+G is very difficult. Himajean says these combos are too difficult to use in a match.

Dennis0201 likes this.
  17. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Some stuff that wasn't on the combolist.

3P+K, dash P, 33P;K 58 on Taka both stances.
    3P+K, dash P, 46P,K 61 on Taka closed (Yomi found this)
    On light characters you can do dash 9K+G, P,K,PcK for 75 and nice carry.

6K, 9K+G, 6_P,K,PcK works on Jeff from closed with 1fk 9K+G
    It also works on Wolf both stances no problems as long as you use advancing jab.

Side crumble combo 1 damage is 88.
    Side cruble combo 2 damage is 101 and it's not stance specific. List has it for open only.
    Side crumble combo 3 damage is 102.

Kyoshin Nirenshu combos (charge move blocked, KK) are not on the list at all.
    Same for 1P+K and 6K+G full charge combos.

66K fullcharge, 9K+G, 33P,K damage is 76.
    On some light characters (Aoi at least) you can add 2P before 33P for 80.

2P+K, P, 9K+G, 33P,K does 70

After parry punch you can do 6_P,K,PcK on Taka for 56 both stances.

4K,P first wall combo 81 damage, not 89 (CH damage)
    4K,P last wall combo 109 damage, not 108.
    Didn't try the second one.
    4K,P, P, 4P,K, 4K,P, 46K+G works on a lot of lights and mids for 102 and 4K,P, P, 33P,K, 4K,P probably on everyone up to Jacky at least for 85.

That 108 damage CH 6K juggle ending with 46P,K is not stance specific (at least on Eileen).

18. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

vs Taka 6K, 2P+K, delay P, 33P,K (no dashframe for 33P).
    73 damage, both stances.

19. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xX_SETTRA_Xx
    XBL:
    xX SETTRA Xx
    I´ve been experimenting with some relaunchcombos lately and found 2 Combos.
    They´re not in the Combolist and haven´t read the hole thread again, so sry if they were posted already.

[3][P][+][K], OM to the side, [6_][P], [6][K], [2][P], [3][3][P][K]

Aoi only for 79 damage. 1Fk is needed for the 33PK, otherwise the K will whiff.

[3][K][+][G] CH, [6][6], [6_][P], [3][K][+][G], [4][P][+][K], [3][3][P][K]

Seems to work on all lightweights beside of Blaze and Shun (couldn´t get them to relaunch somehow) and Vanessa for 96 damage. Timing for the jab to relaunch varies with weight.

20. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Jean's [P][K] : When the following [K] connect as CH its getting the property of launcher, so you can following with combo. I know that is not easy to connect especially against good players but with the delay function and with the whiff tricks at distance you can fishing your opponent to get hit by it. However is good to know what is possible after that situation.
    So.... here some examples that i found:
    Superlightweights :
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [P] > [6][K] > [3][P][P] = 80 dmg
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [P] > [6][K] > [3][3][P][K] = 81 dmg( works to Aoi too )
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [3][3][P][K] > 1fk [2][P] > [6][6][P][+][K] = 80 dmg ( works to Aoi too )
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [4][K][K] > 1fk [2][P] > [6][6][P][+][K] = 73 dmg ( works to Aoi too )
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [9][K][+][G] > [P] > [2][P][+][K] > [3][3][P][K] = 89 dmg
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [9][K][+][G] > [P] > [2][P][+][K] > [4][6][P][K] = 92 dmg (works to Aoi too. For [4][6][P][K] do [3][3][4][6][P][K] bothstances )
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [9][K][+][G] > [P] > [2][P][+][K] > [4][P][K] = 93 dmg ( works to Aoi too. [3][3][4][P][K] open stance only )
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [P] > [3][K][+][G] > [4][P][+][K] > [3][3][P][K] = 93 dmg
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) [P] charge > [P] > [2][P][+][K] > [3][3][P][K] = 94 dmg
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) [P] charge > [P] > [2][P][+][K] > [4][6][P][K] = 97 dmg ( Against Eileen both stances, doesnt work against Blaze )

Lightweights:
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [P] > [2][P][+][K] > [3][3][P][K] = 78 dmg
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [P] > [2][P][+][K] > [4][6][P][K] = 81 dmg
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [P] > [2][P][+][K] > [4][P][K] = 83 dmg ( open stance )
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [6][K] > 1fk [2][P] > [3][3][P][K] = 80 dmg
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [6][P] > [2][P] > [3][3][P][K] = 74 dmg
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [6][P] > [2][P] > frame delay [4][K][K][P] = 77 dmg ([6][6] or [3][3][4][K][K][P] against Pai only ,closed stance )
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) [P] charge > [P] > [2][P][+][K] > [3][3][P][K] = 94 dmg
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) [P] charge > [P] > [2][P][+][K] > [4][6][P][K] = 97 dmg ( Against Aoi and Vanessa both stances, against Pai, Sarah and Lion closed stance, doesnt work against Shun )

Middleweights :
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [P] > [4][K][K][P] = 69 dmg
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [P] > [6][P][P][K] = 73 dmg( last [K] connect only in closed stance )
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [9][K][+][G] > [3][3][P][K] = 74 dmg
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [9][K][+][G] > [4][6][P][K] = 77 dmg

Heavymiddleweights :
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [P] > [4][K][K][P] = 69 dmg
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [P] > [6][P][P][K] = 73 dmg( last [K] connect only in closed stance )
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [9][K][+][G] > [3][3][P][K] = 74 dmg
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [9][K][+][G] > [4][6][P][K] = 77 dmg( [4][6][P][K] doesnt work against Akira)

Heavyweights:
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [4][K][K][P] = 62 dmg
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [6][P][P][K] = 66 dmg
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [2][P] > [3][3][P][K] = 63 dmg

Taka:
    • [P][K] ( [K] CH ) > [9][K][+][G] = 47 dmg

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
    KishinRuLeR-_- likes this.