1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jean counter abuse

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Jun 9, 2013.

1. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Yeah so I was messing around in dojo and I was practicing some Wolf combos and noticed when facing Jean he takes more damage than anyone else being that the combos are weight universal. Does anyone know why this is? This isn't the case on NH, and every counter I land on him is red instead of yellow like EVERY counter hit. I tried doing the same combo on most of the cast on CH and Jean ate the most damage. Is it the way he stands or is built or something?

The combo I used 3K+G, 9P+K, P, 1P+K, P, 66P+K does 98 on everyone else (cept Taka) and Jean eats 104dmg?

2. NGKrush

NGKrush Well-Known Member

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet
    yeah, it's a kind of a training mode bug. it's because the computer charges K when you get hit, to create the counterhit, because of this, jean gets more damage. not sure exactly why a charged k creates more ch dmg, but this is the reason anyway.

in match, you will only get this damage if you ch a charge, not if you ch an abare playing jean who mashes 2p for example.

3. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

It is indeed a training mode bug, but it's not only because the K is charged. If you record the dummy to do K and then istant guard to avoid the charging you'll get a big CH anyway.

4. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
  5. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

It's not a bug it has to do with how much damage jeans' K does. Moves do more dmg on CH based on what move you CH your opponent out of. If it's over a certain dmg threshold then you get a bigger damage multiplier. I swear, people get rocks off when they find a "bug" when it's actually the system at work.

JacobEvo and leftylizard like this.
  6. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash

It is mentioned that in the VF5 brady guide in the section that mentions counter hits. They explain it in good detail. "A bug" LMAO

Tricky and JacobEvo like this.
  7. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    If any of you would have bothered to read the info in my thread I think I explained it pretty well that while it's not a real bug it's quirky at best.

pana likes this.
  8. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Ok so its not a dojo bug then. Just seemed kind of weird. So I'll only get the extra damage in a real fight if I interupt a charged move or a move that exceeds the normal CH compacity its not much but nice to know anyway I think I got it.

Tricky likes this.