1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jean thread Derailed

Discussion in 'General' started by GustavoHeisenberg, Aug 8, 2018.

1. GustavoHeisenberg

GustavoHeisenberg Well-Known Member

Jean's attacks, for the most part, don't sound as hard as Akira's except when they are charged plus he looks like he could use some crazy looking combos too. How did most of you Akira mains transition to learning the "Ken Master" of Virtua Fighter as Akira is Ryu.

I've seen the ones the Japanese folks do, aesthetically they don't look really flashy, but oh well.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  2. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

3. GustavoHeisenberg

Are you aspergers?

Jason Elbow likes this.
  4. ShinyBrentford

Nope, but ur opinions might be more welcoming on this site.

tekkenzaibatsu.com

I going to be real with u. There's nothing to talk about here. We like the campyness of VF and u don't. Which is fine. Everybody has the right to a opinion, but when u make the same post over and over again on the same subject of not liking the game on the games fansite it gets a little obnoxious. If u don't like the light trolling then maybe u shouldn't do that. I'm not going to tekkenzaibatsu and complaining about tekken being just whiff punish the game.

5. GustavoHeisenberg

You should get checked out, you have trouble deconstructing social cues.

I shouldn't have to tell you that not all fans worship the franchise like its perfection, I'm not afraid to say that on balance VF has it to a near science but is sadly missing in other areas.

Tekken might look great but it's far too defensive and carries with it a lot of redundant moves at high level play. It's got it's flaws and shenanigans people on the Zaibatsu complain about. Tekken is a bit of a dumb game without enough "functional" diversity.

6. ShinyBrentford

I agree it isn't perfect, but at the same time all ur suggestions take what's iconic and charming out of it. Characters that have been around since the 90's. What u suggesting is that that u would rather it be a big tit edgelord fest. I mean ur bitching about jeans juggles now. Which are fine..

7. GustavoHeisenberg

Absolutely not, juggles are not fine, they take away the emersion of the martial arts that's meant to be on display plus looking at how am2 improved the animations on Akira in VF5FS to make them cleaner and natural, it's only logical that such an aesthetic could be developed further. Additionally that will make VF6 stand out if they were to do such a system right unlike DOA5.

As for big-birds on the ladies, absolutely I support as one of those customisation options - I also supports a crotch bulge customisation (or removing the crotch all together); something for the androphiles and gynophiles.

VF6 should have body customisation including:
    *Gender change (male, female, in-between)
    *Bigger or Smaller (lady-birds and bottoms)
    *Thicc setting for both sexes (petite, athletic, thicc, and extra thicc/obese)
    *Aging customisation (Teen 18, Adult 20s, Mature 50s, Old 70s)

//Also with settings to not see other players customisations if people choose.

Jason Elbow likes this.
  8. ShinyBrentford

U still trying to promote that shitty stunlock idea from ur last couple of post that nobody wants? Lol now ur trying to turn this shit to absolver. Juggles are dope.also if u want to see the deployment on vf u should check out the Yakuza games. The borrow a lot from each other.

The bad thing about fully custom characters is it messes with hitboxes and weight classes. Also u keep standing on your soapbox of realism, but then say u want big swinging tit fighter. News flash, most female fighters are built like Vanessa not like Ivy.

Ellis and Tricky like this.
  9. GustavoHeisenberg

You just don't get it juggles don't look as aesthetically immersive, if done right you have no idea it was a feature you even wanted. But that's the thing about innovation when it's successful.

Secondly you don't even code, or even understand game development, you don't get hit boxes - those always remain the same. The physique simply remains fairly proportional with the customisation. It remains balanced. Look at this Cammy extra thicc mod for example.

If someone wants to customise their Shun to have Ivy jibblets - let them, you could always not see their customisation.

10. ShinyBrentford

Well first like I said before juggles are dope and nobody wants ur stun shit. If u want to see ur bullshit in action go play absolver.

Second if u were such a hot shit game developer that considered yourself to be better than Yu Suzuki in our last conversation then why are u bitching about VF aesthetics instead of making your own game. Even with the customization being they way u like u would still be bitching about the VF characters personality. I guess u don't get tone or personality. The fact that ur main complaint has been lion is proof of that. "Lion personality is annoying" no shit that's the point. The joy of lion personality is pouring the salt on the wound of that is losing to lion. What a knucklehead.

Also u keep trying to insult me about not knowing this and that, but the truth is u clearly don't get VF and why it's great besides the fact everyone says it's the best.

11. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    So is there a question or something in this thread? The dojo forum is for learning the game. This just seems like a comment/moan from a position of ignorance. If so i'm going to move the thread.

12. GustavoHeisenberg

The thread was going to be about how best it would be to exploit Jean's charge mechanism; Referencing how I use Akira since that's the original mindset I'm coming from.

And then there was a derail from Shinywhatever by hijacking the my personal anti-juggles ideas from another thread in another sub forum.

13. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Worst thread ever made.

14. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

15. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

The question was whether or not you had any GAMEPLAY questions, which you clearly don't. It's kind of hard to derail a thread when there's no point to it in the first place. If this thread gets moved (as it should), its name should be changed to "The Worthless Opinions Thread" or something where you can talk about your dumb ideas for fat ass and tranny customizations all you want.

It seems that all you do is complain about shit that you don't like, which is annoying even to a guy like me who only occasionally lurks here. I get that you're trolling (nobody is really this stupid), but it's gotten obnoxious now.

ShinyBrentford likes this.
  16. GustavoHeisenberg

You are derailing the thread like your buddy I shouldn't have wasted my time responding to, the OP is clearly focuses on 1topic - the fact that Jean's charge moves are a little different from Akira. Negating the charge interupts, he has.

17. Libertine

You never said anything about how to deal with his charge moves. The only thing you've said about them is how they don't sound a certain way before talking about how you don't like Jean's combos. The Dojo section is for learning how to play the game. You haven't contributed jack shit as far as that's concerned, so don't pretend to be innocent. Post in the General section if you want to troll. Keep it out of here.

18. GustavoHeisenberg

You are derailing again and simply want to be right, because you don't like my content and you are slandering me as a troll. There's the block button or an equivalent - use it.

The fact that the charges work different with Jean was the point. There's a little subjectivity in aesthetics because I'm not a bot, I'm describing my experiences learning the game.

19. Libertine

20. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

All this talk of removing juggles, adding super detailed customisation etc, makes me think you want to play a game that isn't Virtua Fighter? I honestly think you'd enjoy UFC or WWE games more. Maybe pick up WWF No Mercy on an emulator.

Those games have no juggling and have massive amounts of customisation options for you to try out.

ShinyBrentford likes this.